NHL 15

movievet-dotcom

Glad I researched this game first, as I wanted it so bad; but there is no way in hell I touch this game now. EA absolutely ruined it this year with all the modes they took out and the stripped down to the bones modes they still have. Then they have the nerve to sell it to people at full price, knowing full well that they still won't be delivering all those missing pieces in any free DLC later. 

Anyone giving this game a 6 out of 10 or better was either straight up paid off by EA, or they shouldn't be reviewing games ever again. 

What a joke NHL 15 is.

tumblr_mld07pjlnS1snvw94o1_500.gif

Edited by movievet-dotcom

I can't imagine the NHL franchise makes them a whole lot of money anymore, EA has driven it so far into the ground.  I guess since they probably have a very low cost to make the game (copy and pasted every year with only minor shitty additions), they don't need to have very good sales to enter into the green.

The game is actually great... plays well and online versus is still enjoyable.

EA announced the other day via twitter that they would be patching some stuff later on (3 Stars at the end of the games and a few minor things over the next 2 months) for free. So the game will get a little support.

There's a lot of hate out for this game, mostly from people who haven't played it and are making snap judgements without any hands on experience with the game, but I've played a bunch over the weekend, it looks awesome, it's fun as hell to play and I can say with all certainty that anything in the range of 6-7.5 is a fair score. If all the previous stuff fans loved was still in this game, it could go as high as 8.5... But it's all just hockey in the end and hockey is awesome.

The game is actually great... plays well and online versus is still enjoyable.

EA announced the other day via twitter that they would be patching some stuff later on (3 Stars at the end of the games and a few minor things over the next 2 months) for free. So the game will get a little support.

There's a lot of hate out for this game, mostly from people who haven't played it and are making snap judgements without any hands on experience with the game, but I've played a bunch over the weekend, it looks awesome, it's fun as hell to play and I can say with all certainty that anything in the range of 6-7.5 is a fair score. If all the previous stuff fans loved was still in this game, it could go as high as 8.5... But it's all just hockey in the end and hockey is awesome.

I've played it, and the new puck physics aren't as good as advertised. The new hit detection is flawed as well. I will admit though that both of those things are a step in the right direction. The graphics have improved, too. If all you care about is 1 on 1 vs, then you can enjoy the game, but most of us want more than that. They fuckin gutted the game this year. This is coming from someone who plays it every year...except this year. Go look at all the 5/10 review scores this game got, I'm not the only one that thinks this. And those guys are being generous.

• 5 months later...