(Rumor) Microsoft in deep thinking of buying Mojang

Khriz134

This is how I think is going to go down. Microsoft bought Minecraft, we will have a bunch of people saying how nice and caring Microsoft is for keeping the support on its rival system, Microsoft will go down in history (From what I know) to have a game that is not exclusively to Xbox, people will buy xbox because Microsoft is caring and nice.

Why am I seeing people hating Minecraft just because MS bought it?

It's not hate its MSFT wasting on this money on a single developer when they could  create more studios and pump out some more 1st party ip. I mean if ya really wanted your very own Uncharted why not fund one of your own studios to make it rather than time exclusivity ROTTR?

It’s not about the money. It’s about my sanity.

Fair enough. Why make trillions when you can make billions.

This is how I think is going to go down. Microsoft bought Minecraft, we will have a bunch of people saying how nice and caring Microsoft is for keeping the support on its rival system, Microsoft will go down in history (From what I know) to have a game that is not exclusively to Xbox, people will buy xbox because Microsoft is caring and nice.

A lot of their "Exclusive" games have kept hitting PC though.

Edited by kidhero99

It's not hate its MSFT wasting on this money on a single developer when they could  create more studios and pump out some more 1st party ip. I mean if ya really wanted your very own Uncharted why not fund one of your own studios to make it rather than time exclusivity ROTTR?

If MS decided to do this, there would be millions of PlayStation players criticising them and saying they copied Uncharted. That will make everyone hate MS more.

If MS decided to do this, there would be millions of PlayStation players criticising them and saying they copied Uncharted. That will make everyone hate MS more.

You're reading into it too literally.  What he's saying is that Microsoft could have used the funding to fund new IPs, potentially one that could be as successful as Uncharted.

But can we call a PC a separate system? Most of the PCs has Windows which is owned by microsoft. Technacly is all pc are microsoft systems

Well, it's not a console, but a different platform, manufactured by different companies. It can also be used to play games, some of those games that happen to be Xbox console exclusive that doesn't require shelling out 500 bucks for an Xbox to play it. So I don't truly see it as Exclusive to just the Xbox console  itself.

Edited by kidhero99

Gosh and I've been waiting all this time for a Vita Minecraft release! I hope this doesn't mess with that...

It won't. I guess it will still come. And I believe Microsoft is going to keep making this as multiplatform game. At least for sometime

Guys you need to remember that Microsoft bought the Developer not only the game. So that means they can innovate with new ideas. Or build new ideas into Mincraft.

We will see by time. But I personally like the move. Maybe they will push harder in the competition. Tough competition for them  = great games and products for us

• Like 1

Who is this quote from? I know what Minecraft is but I've never played and have no intention to. Is he important or something?

I don't see the big deal in all this. So what if it's the top PAID app on some platforms. It's this years Tickle Me Elmo/Angry Birds/whatever. Give it two years and it'll be over. Why are so many people so worked up over this?

Minecraft has been going strong for many years now. This is not a fad, its a big thing and maybe even arguably the face of indie games or atleast one of the big ones.

Playstation versions will be left intact. 

Shame on Microsoft, can't even put their good developers to use, like Rare, but they invest insane amounts of money on one trick ponies like Mojang.

Also screw Notch, leaving because ''it's about my sanity'', what a bullshit excuse, more like, ''I wanted early retirement so I sold out'', I bet that $$$ will be doing great for his sanity now.

Where can Microsoft even take Minecraft? Minecraft 2? NO! Minecraft: TV? NO! Minecraft timed exclusive updates? YES! Minecraft toys? YES! I wouldn't be surprised if we see some Skylanders-esque shit with Minecraft where you buy physical models to change your ingame skin. 

You're kind of proving him right. How is it a stupid excuse? being the head of a project this large puts him under public scrutiny, its just alot of attention, too much for some. Anything goes wrong, its on Notch. Someone's YouTube video gets an unrelated strike, its on Notch. Someone hits their toe against the table, its Notch. You get my point.

He never wanted to be a public figure.

Similar things were said of Uncharted copying Tomb Raider and look at how that turned out. All that matters is Xbox fans eating it up.

Minecraft doesn't belong to them, actually. Just Mojang. This is something people are mixing up.

But all Mojang are belong to them, so....

Why am I seeing people hating Minecraft just because MS bought it?

I think it eases their pain a bit, lol

It won't. I guess it will still come. And I believe Microsoft is going to keep making this as multiplatform game. At least for sometime

Guys you need to remember that Microsoft bought the Developer not only the game. So that means they can innovate with new ideas. Or build new ideas into Mincraft.

We will see by time. But I personally like the move. Maybe they will push harder in the competition. Tough competition for them  = great games and products for us

Or make it an XBOX exclusive moving forward. Especially given the fact that numerically, Sony is winning the console war at the moment and any little edge or blow to their momentum would definately help. Just sayin...

Edited by merciful84

Or make it an XBOX exclusive moving forward. Especially given the fact that numerically, Sony is winning the console war at the moment and any little edge or blow to their momentum would definately help. Just sayin...

But they can't discontinue support of Minecraft for other platforms. 

But they can't discontinue support of Minecraft for other platforms. 

Why not if Mojang is a subsidary of Microsoft now? They now are resposible for permitting those licenses Sony has in order to distribute the game digitally. Most have expiration dates and have to be renewed...what if Microjang decides not to do so? It happens a lot with digital games in the PSN store...

Edited by merciful84

Why not if Mojang is a subsidary of Microsoft now? They now are resposible for permitting those licenses Sony has in order to distribute the game digitally. Most have expiration dates and have to be renewed...what if Microjang decides not to do so? It happens a lot with digital games in the PSN store...

Fair enough but i'm pretty sure they're bound by contract, for now.

Yes they could. and I think they will sometime in future. It's just I heard Phil Spencer saying they still want to make the game on all consoles like it is right now. And continue on PC as well. So I guess this is what they plan. at least for sometime 

Well, someone has to bring games to Vita if it ain't Sony ;)

It's no different from a normal game, Microsoft just happens to own the studio so Mojang's earnings go to MS now.

It's not really unheard of--for instance Microsoft is paying Sony to be able to use Blu Ray in Xbox One, their hands were pretty tied.

Or if you want to look at it in a different light, Sony is now making money off of a Microsoft Studios game.