Why has this happened?

will-guy-bebe

So I'm still playing on my ps3 as I cant afford to upgrade yet. A friend of mine gets a ps4 quite soon after launch and I started playing ghosts aliens with him and a cool feature of the ps4 was I could sign in to my PSN account through the console, play the game and earn my own trophies etc. Brilliant..... Ive been doing this for months and even playing through the new dlcs hes bought....

Then last weekend I go round try the same again and it says I cant use this feature without ps+

So have they done this because they want to force me to upgrade to a ps4? Or is it because I dont have the dlcs my friend has bought? And even if I did get a ps4 myself would I still need ps+ to play on his system with my account? And lastly does anyone know a way around this so I can keep playing ghosts aliens with my friend?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Wait a sec, wait a sec. You have been playing with your friend, but i'm kinda confused. you were playing on your ps3 cod ghosts with your ps4 friend online? or you were at your friend's house playing couch coop on his ps4? if the answer is the second, that depends of the game, some games let you get trophies when you're playing coop because you can play using your profile/account. If there's a portion of the game the device don't let you play is because you need to buy those dlc that your friend has bought.

Edited by GoldenShaka

On the PS3, you can play DLC on other accounts besides the original owners. It's more tied to the console then to the account itself. If you were to play on your own system though (same game, minus the DLC), you would need to re-buy it for THAT PS3 system.

I imagine this is the same for PS4 as well, and why you were getting those trophies during co-op.

Well........... Just asked my friend to check he could still play online, make sure his subscription is still active etc. which he did and everything was ok, he tried signing in as me on his second controller and hey presto "I" was allowed to play online. It seems like we were victims of some sort of glitch and it seems to be working normally again. So, I am sorry to have wasted your time.

I suppose the old rule of "switch it off and on again" did the trick this time