DC06 on Vita?

Beatmania2dxs

I've played this level through several times without letting go of the boost. I'm always shy 1 second, every single time. I don't really bump into anything, but as long as the screen is scrolling it shouldn't even matter, right?

Anyone perfect this level on the Vita? Is there a glitch only for Vita users? Not sure what else I can even do if I'm holding the boost the entire way through.

Stop bumping into things would probably be a start :). You can't call something a glitch if you aren't running a perfect level. Stay at the top of the screen and don't forget warping is faster than boosting so when you are at the end of the level keep warping upwards to finish quicker.

I always love how things are glitches as opposed to people just not doing it correctly.

• Like 1

Well I just randomly got the perfect.

The only thing I did differently was shoot just enough bullets to break open the glass. I don't think it's a glitch per say, but I've noticed on the Vita that the frame rate slows down sometimes when a lot of things happen on screen. 

Still grinded against objects too. Pretty random...

Same thing happened to me on DC08 repeatedly until....

Solution: Shoot slowly at the glass blocks.

I think there is a slight lag introduced that might just be on the Vita.

Save the attitude.

I just did a run through without collecting anything. Still shy 1 second. I'll try the warping thing though, thanks. The video I saw of a perfect run could have been done on a ps4 (and no warping done at the end).

yeah there's quite a few with that 'look how many disney games i've finished compared to you' attitude on the forums so it's best just to ignore these ego trippers, they always crop up to post a smart ass reply when you need advice too which is annoyin also...

velocity ultra was really glitchy so i can understand why you asked if it could be a glitch, i didn't have any issues with this latest game though...

as for tips- didn't you finish the game days ago?... lol or are you goin for the double dood B)

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

yeah there's quite a few with that 'look how many disney games i've finished compared to you' attitude on the forums so it's best just to ignore these ego trippers, they always crop up to post a smart ass reply when you need advice too which is annoyin also...

velocity ultra was really glitchy so i can understand why you asked if it could be a glitch, i didn't have any issues with this latest game though...

as for tips- didn't you finish the game days ago?... lol or are you goin for the double dood B)

Just going for the DLC now. I think DC06 and DC08 are just laggy.

I forgot there is a glitch in Velocity 2x (at least for the Vita). If you exit out of a running sequence too quickly your ship just starts flying off in the diagonal. 

Yep, the slight lag on DC06 on the Vita causes you to lose around 3/10ths of a second, enough to knock you back to a 37 seconds.

I got it first time on PS4. It also works if you do it first time after starting the level from the menu (Not quick-restart). You get a very marginal speed boost at the start which makes up for the lag at the start.

• Like 1

I had the same problems on the Vita. I tried to perfect DC06 and DC08, but always finished 1 second above the allowed time. And I'm certain that I made perfect runs, they couldn't have been any faster. I decided to close the game and restart it. All of a sudden I could finish them within the allowed time and I didn't do anything different. So yeah, there is definitely a problem with perfecting those levels on the Vita. But closing and restarting the game helped in my case. So try that if all else fails.

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These posts are interesting since I'm playing on Vita. Anyone think that simply exiting back to the menu might work? Instead of exiting the game entirely.

Yes, as I said a few posts above, it worked fine for me just going back to the menu and back into the level.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Didn't see your earlier post.

Finally got perfect on level 47. Took me a good 8 hours I'd say.

Got platinum on this game. Level 47 was my last level to complete a perfect run on the entire game. It took me about 3 hours to get perfect on it. I'd say level 47 has 4 critical/crucial/hard moments where you need to be extra careful to not die. Besides that, the level is just long, but even kind of easy (it was scaring me at first because of its size, but after some training you notice it's not that hard). Last critical urgency DLC levels (5 and 6) made me crazy, but i manage to perfect them eventually. Loved this game, looking forward to velocity 3x, lol.

\o

Got platinum on this game. Level 47 was my last level to complete a perfect run on the entire game. It took me about 3 hours to get perfect on it. I'd say level 47 has 4 critical/crucial/hard moments where you need to be extra careful to not die. Besides that, the level is just long, but even kind of easy (it was scaring me at first because of its size, but after some training you notice it's not that hard). Last critical urgency DLC levels (5 and 6) made me crazy, but i manage to perfect them eventually. Loved this game, looking forward to velocity 3x, lol.

\o

I finished Critical Urgency 5 one second shy of the time so it doesn't seem too bad. I'm having a hell of a time with Dual Core 6. Controlling the 2 ships and having to send out the bombs at just the right time while holding R. Making me go cross eyed.