Scaled Back Nemesis System in PS3/360 versions

Just thought i'd warn anyone who is thinking of buying this for the PS3 or 360 please read this article because it seems that they nemesis system is almost non-existent or extremely basic

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/one-of-shadow-of-mordor-s-most-ambitious-features-scaled-back-for-xbox-360-ps3/1100-6417861/ 

Monolith gave the reason that they focused more on next-gen versions so if you are really looking forward the the nemesis system hold off and get it for your PS4 or Xbone 

shadow_of_mordor_battle.jpg

Edited by Carville87

Well, I'm still a ps3 gamer, but i have to say that i'm happy because that means SOM (one of my main reasons to buy a ps4 next year) it's not a ps3 port, but actually a current gen game. Btw, don't take it bad, i'm not laughing at ps3 gamers, i'm still one of them.

Thanks for the warning i knew about the thing some months ago but i was really curious if it was actually going to be real, you know the big difference between ps3 and ps4.

Now that you talk about that, it's real that it's not too much difference between ps3 and ps4 versions of AC4: black flag? Then i'll buy the ps3 version :)

Edited by GoldenShaka

let's just hope it's not a trick to make the people think that the game does have a very good AI like no other and when it's finally release, it will ended up been just a gimmick that the game is tacked on heavily, seriously, it's been long since i actually encounter a real AI in a game.

the last games i played with a good AI was MGS4, and the last of us mostly on Grounded mode.  

• Like 1

This is how devs should do it if they are so set on releasing games cross gen. The PS4 shouldn't have to be scaled back because of the PS3. I do think Monolith care about the last gen versions (evident by the delay), and they've obviously trying to make it as good as can be, but the procedural nature of the nemesis system must be extremely straining on last gen, otherwise they would've included it. 

However, there should be some warning on the back of the case saying "does not include all features", because when people look for gameplay, they'll see the kickass nemesis system.

let's just hope it's not a trick to make the people think that the game does have a very good AI like no other and when it's finally release, it will ended up been just a gimmick that the game is tacked on heavily, seriously, it's been long since i actually encounter a real AI in a game.

the last games i played with a good AI was MGS4, and the last of us mostly on Grounded mode.  

MGS4 has good AI? I find that rather questionable, tbh most MGS games have less than stellar AI but blah this is off topic.

I'm both happy and sad. I'm still a PS3 peasant [getting a PS4 soon though] and i feel for last gen dudes, but this means it doesn't get held back by last gen.

MGS4 has good AI? I find that rather questionable, tbh most MGS games have less than stellar AI but blah this is off topic.

I'm both happy and sad. I'm still a PS3 peasant [getting a PS4 soon though] and i feel for last gen dudes, but this means it doesn't get held back by last gen.

TBH i think it does have a good AI, enemies can check your foot prints, can works together to take you down, you hide under something and they spotted you they'll flash you out, cover exits when alerted if you throw an empty clip to distract them and they spotted where it's been thrown from they'll go directly toward the the area the empty clip been throwing from instead of falling to the bait, can interact with what's going on on the battlefield, these are enough.   

TBH i think it does have a good AI, enemies can check your foot prints, can works together to take you down, you hide under something and they spotted you they'll flash you out, cover exits when alerted if you throw an empty clip to distract them and they spotted where it's been thrown from they'll go directly toward the the area the empty clip been throwing from instead of falling to the bait, can interact with what's going on on the battlefield, these are enough.   

Not really. They're dumb as rock in battle and don't understand how to handle or react to a human shield past walking straight to you like morons, and they're too inconsistent when it comes to cover and accuracy. The rest is kind of standard stuff really, nothing too special and when it comes to the clip, IIRC it depends on the location you throw it from.