Tetris...the movie. Cause you can totally make a movie from Tetris.

Lady Lilith

Hollywood, you have become WAY too desperate now. Come on now, really? When I first heard about this movie for Tetris, I thought of the movie "Cube". And honestly, even that's stretching it. But whatever, who knows, it might be decent. Unlikely, but there's a chance I guess.

But since Hollywood is really doing this, allow me to present another bad idea for a movie:

Little_Mac_NES_Sprite_Wiiworked.png

MAKE IT HAPPEN HOLLYWOOD, MAKE IT HAPPEN. lol

Is everyone forgetting Wreak it Ralph?  Or how about the Lego Movie?  2 very good movies, based on things that really shouldn't have had movies made of them.

Slightly off topic, does anyone else remember the Mr Men series?  This movie could be something like that?

Well, a Mario movie became a thing.

Also, incase you guys were unaware, this following movie was made - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1296373/.
"In a post apocalyptic future, two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park by playing "Beat Beat Revelation", a deadly version of Dance, Dance, Revolution."

So if that was possible, then ANYTHING is possible!

• 2 weeks later...

This is similar to making a Minecraft movie.

Not like the YouTube videos. I'm talking FULL LENGTH.

How is making a Minecraft movie a bad thing?  You can do almost anything in Minecraft, and it would just be a different art style.  A Minecraft movie could very easily be awesome, like the Lego movie.

Edited by Sir_Bee

It all depends on your standards/preferences.

I suppose, but that would be like saying you cannot make a movie that is stop animation, or claymation.  Minecraft would just be the artstyle, as the game would allow any story to be developed.

While I will admit the idea of this movie is idiotic, you have to admit, you can't help but be curious.

I could easily see this following Tron in its style and format. Still stupid, but kinda cool at the same time.

Another possibility is that the movie could be about the developers and how this game came to be. Kinda like the movie Jobs.

A more abstract idea would be following along the lines of the Lego movies. telling a story via Tetris pieces (like I said, abstract.)

or just another dumb musical:

Bottom Line:

There is no point to this movie, but I am damn curious to see what it's going to be.

While I will admit the idea of this movie is idiotic, you have to admit, you can't help but be curious.

I could easily see this following Tron in its style and format. Still stupid, but kinda cool at the same time.

Another possibility is that the movie could be about the developers and how this game came to be. Kinda like the movie Jobs.

A more abstract idea would be following along the lines of the Lego movies. telling a story via Tetris pieces (like I said, abstract.)

or just another dumb musical:

Bottom Line:

There is no point to this movie, but I am damn curious to see what it's going to be.

I agree it will likely be stupid, and just trying to get money from those who are curious.  I agree that it is possible that this story could go in a collection of directions.  However, I do not agree with the last sentence.  What point is there in any movie that is made, other then the odd documentary that is actually trying to spread the word about something?

Movies are there for entertainment, so to say that this movie has no point kind of defeats the entire purpose of movies.