Any tips for the challenges?

darth0doom

i haven't DLCs so I chose to do the challenges of Minazuki (the one in the top-right of the screen).

The last are pretty long but not too hard (still it won't be a walk in the park) so don't let them intimidate you.

For his challenge 25, i had problems with the jB - 5C - 2C loop (like shown in different vids), so I used another tactic:

The solution is:

214214AB - 5C - 2AB xx - OMB - 2C - 5D - 236C - 5AA - 5C -  2AB xx - 214B - FA (CD) x - 214214AB

To have the 5AA to work, your 5D must come with a small delay (unless your 2C hits when Yu is almost on ground), so that after 236C Yu will be enough higher than you.
The hardest part is at the end, during 214B input FA then start to input 214214AB (since it can start only if you're on ground, it must come immediately after the first hit of FA).

Edited by VirtualNight

• 4 months later...
On 02/05/2016 at 4:20 PM, Dennis-nine-five said:

EDIT: Got it

214214C: Then store the attacks for Asteruis with [4]6C + 214C + 236C

The Fist Icon should say 4

Then just hit twice fast with Brutal Impact (236236AB)

*you should stay far from the oppenent

Thanks for this... I'm trying to use this exact method, but it's not quite working. I can store the attacks fine, and I do the brutal impacts fast, but the opponent always lands about a second before my second attack and I never seem to have enough time to perform two brutal impacts. You have any idea what I'm missing?

EDIT: Got it. The timing is important, I was attacking too late... it has to be very fast. Otherwise, it is a great method, thank you very much. 

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

On 21.1.2017 at 0:43 AM, Midnightwards666 said:

Thanks for this... I'm trying to use this exact method, but it's not quite working. I can store the attacks fine, and I do the brutal impacts fast, but the opponent always lands about a second before my second attack and I never seem to have enough time to perform two brutal impacts. You have any idea what I'm missing?

EDIT: Got it. The timing is important, I was attacking too late... it has to be very fast. Otherwise, it is a great method, thank you very much. 

Too late answer  :P (no e-mail notification)

Nice to hear it helped you :)

Yes indeed, it's very tight timing for the two Brutal Impacts and the position need to be right, otherwise it's quite easy if you now what to do. I performed it several times in a row.

Congrats for it ;)

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

• 5 months later...

Im dealing with Margaret challenge 22 and I already stuck on her moves. Im trying to hit Gale Slash in but Yu keeps recovering it and I dont know the timing exactly. None of the other forums havent have any of challenge 22 issues.

EDIT: Finished it. Just had it to do the combo in a corner..

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid

• 1 year later...

okay, i need serious help.

I got into that game bc I started it and it popped a trophy and it kind of destroyed my list bc I never wanted to play that in the first place.  love tekken but I am no pro gamer. enough for platinums and a lot of fun but I don't like the 2D stuff.

But in the end I wasn't able to accept this dead body of a game with 1% in my list so I learned and played.

Now I am almost done. The last thing missing for me is the challenge of one character and the challenges of the DLC characters. 4 x challenges to 100% this game.

At this point I am a bit proud of myself bc this is not my genre and I am not good at this but I made it so far...

But I'm just to stupid to understand the timing, and a lot of other things, like "what does 'jump cancel' mean" and what do I have to do if a challenge sais "charge" bc I just don't get it, the demonstration does not help if I don't know what to press and I am very VERY desperate and hopelss to a point it makes me angry T_T especially if I read how lots of ppl find it not that hard.

Any tips on how to learn the timing easier?

I'm not even able to pull the start-button explot :o

1 hour ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

But I'm just to stupid to understand the timing, and a lot of other things, like "what does 'jump cancel' mean" and what do I have to do if a challenge sais "charge" bc I just don't get it, the demonstration does not help if I don't know what to press and I am very VERY desperate and hopelss to a point it makes me angry T_T especially if I read how lots of ppl find it not that hard.

People usually don't complain because they have done several of these challenges accross various fighting games and they know what stuffs like buffer, tiger knee, link, cancel and so on are; you are forced to google any term you don't know and figure out what it is. After some time you will automatically know what a term is and you will be able to easily execute that.

The first time i had jumped into combo challenges i needed over 30h to complete them all; afterwards i was always faster and faster in finishing them so is all about practice, is completely normal have issues at the beginning.

For timing is really only about watching the demonstration/vid to figure out when you are supposed to do the next attack, you can start moving your stick during the previous attack (this trick is called Buffer and is common for all fighting games) and then press the button of the next attack when supposed to.

Charge= hold the stick on the opposite of the direction you are facing, then after around 2 seconds quickly move the stick forward followed by the button; or if the charge is vertical first hold down for 2 secs then up + the button. Most of the time you have to hold the direction immediately after inputting the previous attack.

At times the direction to hold is down+behind if you don't want to move meanwhile.

jump cancel= i don't recall it on this game, but i haven't done the dlcs so maybe it is there. However the only jump cancel i recall in my experience is from Viper in SSF4 so i can't help if it doesn't work the same. On SSF4 it consists about give the jump input during the previous attack and immediately after this attack ends execute the next attack, if timed correctly you won't jump and will do the attack while the game will count the jump cancel as done.

pause-exploit is all about pausing in the right moment very quickly, if you haven't to do 2 attacks in a very short amount of time you can do the attack and immediately pause the game, to take a breath and check the next attack to do. This saves you from hours of practice to do just 1 hard trial. However also this has to be learnt through some hours of practice before become really helpful.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

okay, i need serious help.

I got into that game bc I started it and it popped a trophy and it kind of destroyed my list bc I never wanted to play that in the first place.  love tekken but I am no pro gamer. enough for platinums and a lot of fun but I don't like the 2D stuff.

But in the end I wasn't able to accept this dead body of a game with 1% in my list so I learned and played.

Now I am almost done. The last thing missing for me is the challenge of one character and the challenges of the DLC characters. 4 x challenges to 100% this game.

At this point I am a bit proud of myself bc this is not my genre and I am not good at this but I made it so far...

Hey, first of all congrats if you made it that far, especially if it's your introduction to the genre!

You're pretty much only missing the challenge trophies. For the 300 challenges done simply do the first few ones of every character, that shouldn't be any problem at all, I actually got that trophy just playing half of the cast xD

And well, actually the only platinum breaker in this game is by far beating all the challenges for one character, that definitely takes some skill.

I did it myself with Shadow Labrys, she's probably the easiest one of the standard cast, but the last 5 challenges are kinda tricky, especially since you have to figure out really well the timing with her Persona. 

You should try her and see how it goes for you (some people just really hate puppeteer kind of characters), but another great option would be to get the Margaret DLC, she's arguably the easiest one by far.

Anyways, first try to get 300 challenges done, which shouldn't be that tough, and it will help you to get a better understanding  of the mechanics and then get ready to choose which character you will go with for the 100% completion (being S. Labrys and Margaret the best ones)

It's hard to explain the fighting games stuff, I don't remember exactly how good the tutorial in this game was, but you can try to check it again, similar games like UNIST or BlazBlue have amazing ones that go into deep detail in every aspect of the fighting games.

You don't have to do any dash cancel for the combo challenges in this game (at least with the easiest characters) but the idea of a Jump Cancel is just that, to cancel an attack with a jump so you can continue doing other stuff instead of finishing the animation of that move. It takes a while to get used to it, but you should be performing certain move and then just jumping to continue with the rest of the combo, but again, it's all about the proper timing, you have to give it some time so your character jumps into the air and then continue the combo, not just smashing xD

Remember that for most of the challenges you can just put the dummy in the corner, which makes everything easier to connect, and if you're doing a jump cancel requiered challenge there you can just jump straight (since the dummy is in the corner and can't go farther) instead of jumping into his direction which is harder for most players.

Also, if you're playing with a controller I personally use the dpad instead of the joysticks, but that's up to you.

Just keep trying and eventually you will get most of the stuff without even realizing, we all had that time when we started playing fighting games, good luck! ^^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

People usually don't complain because they have done several of these challenges accross various fighting games and they know what stuffs like buffer, tiger knee, link, cancel and so on are; you are forced to google any term you don't know and figure out what it is. After some time you will automatically know what a term is and you will be able to easily execute that.

The first time i had jumped into combo challenges i needed over 30h to complete them all; afterwards i was always faster and faster in finishing them so is all about practice, is completely normal have issues at the beginning.

I had that hope too, but I am already 30h in I'm afraid ^^" I think it's just not my thing, even with my detemined will to learn.

For timing is really only about watching the demonstration/vid to figure out when you are supposed to do the next attack, you can start moving your stick during the previous attack (this trick is called Buffer and is common for all fighting games) and then press the button of the next attack when supposed to.

knowing about the buffer helped a bit, thanks. When I watch the demonstration it never relall helpt except for looking at the timing of the combo lines. so I stopped watching the moves of the characters and just watched the lines ^^" 

Sometimes it is also very confusing that I feel like the exactly same combination is doing three different combos and aometimes I don't even know why...

Charge= hold the stick on the opposite of the direction you are facing, then after around 2 seconds quickly move the stick forward followed by the button; or if the charge is vertical first hold down for 2 secs then up + the button. Most of the time you have to hold the direction immediately after inputting the previous attack.

At times the direction to hold is down+behind if you don't want to move meanwhile.

Thanks, I thought so but was never able to conplete a challenge with a charge so I thought I was wrong about that.... I tried it again now and it worked. sometimes knowing something ist right helps in doing it better I think

jump cancel= i don't recall it on this game, but i haven't done the dlcs so maybe it is there. However the only jump cancel i recall in my experience is from Viper in SSF4 so i can't help if it doesn't work the same. On SSF4 it consists about give the jump input during the previous attack and immediately after this attack ends execute the next attack, if timed correctly you won't jump and will do the attack while the game will count the jump cancel as done.

I tried that and at first it didn't work but I think it was the timing, so a jump cancel seems to be just pressing up. In the combo there is only the info jump cancel but there are a lot of jumps and I was just confused why the game didn't explain the button to press instead of the description. 

I guess it is common knowledge for someone playing BeMUs on a regular base as you said.

pause-exploit is all about pausing in the right moment very quickly, if you haven't to do 2 attacks in a very short amount of time you can do the attack and immediately pause the game, to take a breath and check the next attack to do. This saves you from hours of practice to do just 1 hard trial. However also this has to be learnt through some hours of practice before become really helpful.

For me it worked a few times but not in longer combos, so nodifference to doing it the legit way in the end xD

8 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

Hey, first of all congrats if you made it that far, especially if it's your introduction to the genre!

You're pretty much only missing the challenge trophies. For the 300 challenges done simply do the first few ones of every character, that shouldn't be any problem at all, I actually got that trophy just playing half of the cast xD

Thank you. Yeah I did that, and this morning I completed another few challenges and now I have my 300 challenges done. With all every character I did like 12-15 challenges and most of the I beat in the first try, maby two or three but most of them in the first. then the combos with more than4-5 lines and more complicated combinations per line started and I just don't get that xD 

I hoped to just concentrate on the 3 dlcs was enough... but I find even margaret kinda hard. easier than others on the same stage but still.

Anyways, first try to get 300 challenges done, which shouldn't be that tough, and it will help you to get a better understanding  of the mechanics and then get ready to choose which character you will go with for the 100% completion (being S. Labrys and Margaret the best ones)

I tried both and ended up finding them equally hard, both easier than the rest but I failed on the same stage with both wich is 15. I tried some other challenges from them like 16 to 20, right now I'm not able to do them.

I think I will stay with margaret since I will kill 2 birds with one stone if I ever beat her.

It's hard to explain the fighting games stuff, I don't remember exactly how good the tutorial in this game was, but you can try to check it again, similar games like UNIST or BlazBlue have amazing ones that go into deep detail in every aspect of the fighting games.

You don't have to do any dash cancel for the combo challenges in this game (at least with the easiest characters) but the idea of a Jump Cancel is just that, to cancel an attack with a jump so you can continue doing other stuff instead of finishing the animation of that move. It takes a while to get used to it, but you should be performing certain move and then just jumping to continue with the rest of the combo, but again, it's all about the proper timing, you have to give it some time so your character jumps into the air and then continue the combo, not just smashing xD

thanks that helped a lot. as I said above, I was mostly confused with the fact that there was no button but the describtion jump cancel, and it made me kinda insecure about beeing no pro at BeMus and obviously lacking information :/ 

Margaret has some jump cancels and I think I understand their timing now. 

Also, if you're playing with a controller I personally use the dpad instead of the joysticks, but that's up to you.

Just keep trying and eventually you will get most of the stuff without even realizing, we all had that time when we started playing fighting games, good luck! ^^

yeah I am still not sure. With the d-pad ie I am not able to do some of the quarters. down-right is just not possible, with the stick it works.

but down-left never works with the stick and with dpad I have no problems. more interesting are double wuarters where I have to press down-right down-right wery fast, It only works every second try with d-pad and never with the stick.

altogether it feels like this game is SO precise and I would say complicated... it is sure great for BeMu pros and the trophies are definetely to reward them, not me ^^"

maybe if I try it every day for an hour I can get to margarets 25 someday xD But it is sure the hardest thing I ever tried

Thank you both!

• Like 2

It may be late to say this but the challenges are kinda weird. I had to buffer a few things in between and do jump cancels in between as the move doesn't connect properly. I think the worst is the #25 of characters where you have to do x amount of damage and/or x amount of hits. 

For Sho, I can do 7000+ damage easy but 70+ hits is a whole another story. Especially since I can't connect multiple supers. 

For JCs (Jump Cancels) it is like SSFIV and it is a staple in all Arc Sys titles, you just add a jump input in between a combo. For some reason, i have to do a double jump as my buttons have input lag. 

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax i feel is similar to 3rd strike where it reads all your inputs even misinputs, thankfully, you can still buffer moves. 

As for charge, it usually means holding a button or direction for about 3 seconds and letting go and pressing the next input. 

QCF is 236 or down, down forward, forward. I find QCF easier on D-Pad personally. Just glad it isn't guilty gear with 623 or forward, down, down forward. 

Look up number notation for further details.

Once you understand forward and backward positions, the rest is easy. 

The good thing about the DLC is everyone has info on them, therefore, making it that much simpler. The only problem is practice.

Adachi is still the hardest imho. 

I'm currently working on a challenge vid playlist myself. Hoping to do all characters soon enough. 

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666