two guide related questions

Go to solution Solved by BlindMango,

Hey so I really hate to sound like a jerk but one of my guides (minecraft ps4) has been awaiting review for well over a week and it doesn't look like anyone has even looked at it yet. Are ya'll just inundated with guides awaiting review at the moment? I was just hoping this one would be published soon because just like the recent guides for destiny and slender this one will probably help those who have bought this relatively new game.

Also, is there any way there could be multiple DLCs in a single guide? That would really help for games like uncharted 3, killzone 2, etc.

Anyway just a couple of thoughts. Still love the site!

1. There are multiple things that can be happening right now; guide team members might be busy or dealing with something in the real world which is probably causing alot of guides to be in the quene, waiting for approval at one, so just be patient and check your comments daily to see if a member has left one for you. My Batman guide took about three weeks and a half for someone to stumble upon it and leave a comment; I was anxious waiting for the comment of destiny to finally show up by BlindMango. So just be patient and I'm sure a guide team member will approve it. :)

2. Sadly, no. They the feature implemented in the early stages of the guide system (see the Uncharted 3 guide) but they removed it as they worried about problems purchasing the DLC as they might've been busy and wouldn't update it. So you couldn't incorporate DLC into trophy guides. :(

• Solution

Hey everyone, so what most of you have said is correct. Right now there are 14 guides in the queue and we're working to hopefully get them out soon! Here's the rundown on everyone's status in the guide team:

• bmj has been wrapped up in a work related project for I guess what has been about a week or two, he said that he should be free next week
  • Simula has been busy with work, selling a house, and he says dog is really sick right now, not sure when he will be free.
  • Kevin has... well, I dunno, I think he's just been lazy xD Though he did approve the Sherlock Holmes guide today, lol
  • nauGie has been pacing himself with at least one or two guides a week, I think he has been busy with work or moving or something if I remember correctly :P
  • BlindMango (that's me!) has approved 10 guides in the past week, but I'm busy this week with college and I'll likely be busy for half of next week

Hope that helps out with the rundown of what we're up to! Basically, we've all been busy and we will get to your guides ASAP!! Most of the time, it takes a surprising amount of time to look over and fix a guide (depending on how experienced the guide maker is, I suppose). I know some have been waiting entirely too long and I want to apologize for the ridiculously long wait for some!! We're completely aware of the wait times for some people and I'm very sorry about that!

Basically, you have to wait for one of us, and during that time of waiting, definitely go through your guide and make sure everything is good - spelling, grammar, formatting, etc... Guide publishing may take anywhere from a few days or up to 3 or 4 weeks at this very moment. Sorry about the wait, I'm trying my best and to my understanding all the rest are trying their best and balancing their busy, busy lives with guide checking  :P

Hope that helps out a little bit for everyone :)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2