Why there isn't more owners of this game on PSNP?

Sigma999

• 7 months later...

this is the first Metal Gear Solid game i have played since owning a ps3 and did at first think it was strange ( the trophy patch ) but was wondering what other ps3  games had trophies added that didn't have them.

Only know that Uncharted : Drake's Fortune didn't came with trophies at launch but was later added trophy support through patch.

No more other PS3 games came to mind on that regard tho .

I got into PS3 and this game late, but I was on my big boss emblem run when the trophies were added.  I wasn't too pleased my progress didn't count.  I eventually started it up again, but my PS3 was stolen and so my progress lost.  I will probably try again for the plat at some point, but I am a bit jaded with starting all over again.

I borrowed it off of a friend sometime around 2009 and played through it just once, not understanding any of the story whatsoever (it was my first Metal Gear game, probably not the best place to start this series from). When the Legacy Collection came out a few years ago I bought it and started off in Metal Gear, but jumped straight to Metal Gear Solid after getting stuck and not wanting to continue. I'll get to MGS4 one of these days, but at the rate I'm going it won't be for another couple of years  :|

this is the first Metal Gear Solid game i have played since owning a ps3 and did at first think it was strange ( the trophy patch ) but was wondering what other ps3  games had trophies added that didn't have them.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Tomb Raider Underworld and Grand Theft Auto IV (plus MGS4 of course) all launched without trophies, but had them patched in at a later date by their respective developers.  There may be other games too, but these are the ones I know of.

I'm working on the MGS4 plat myself, so hopefully I'll become a Legendary Hero later on. :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...