The MMA Discussion thread

SuffyZorugelion

7 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Why would we want Conor vs Khabib 2? That's a washed guy vs a retired one in a fight where the first was a demo job and would be again or your other choice is 2 retirees. We get the best vs the best currently and complain about it??

Either one of these fights would sell PPVs to no end. It's not about what we want or what would make sense, but I don't see any denying that given how much Dana hyped it up, almost every possible fight as main event would feel like a letdown.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:25 PM, Infernopommes said:

Either one of these fights would sell PPVs to no end. It's not about what we want or what would make sense, but I don't see any denying that given how much Dana hyped it up, almost every possible fight as main event would feel like a letdown.

But why as fans would be give a damn about the PPVs sold or how much money it makes Dana? If anything them not just picking crap fights for PPV sales benefits us as fans. If you truly wanted something like Conor vs Diaz that would make you part of the problem. It is the reason boxing is broken. Lifelong boxing fan, probably know more about the sport than anyone you would bump into but right now it is broken for this reason.

19 hours ago, Helyx said:

Royval vs Moreno Fight Night had some of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Haven't caught up yet but I will see. Bad decisions are rife lately and for me the issue is they only care in the big fights. If a prelim goes bad nobody gives a hoot.