how hard is compared to infamous 2?

raulbalarezo

• 5 months later...

Both games are really easy, even on hard difficulty, so don't worry about that. I had only one problem with difficulty: the final boss in this game (1) is pretty hard, so I suggest you to learn all the controls and to master the "dodge" ones. 

Also, lots of people had problems with blast shards (including me, but not that much) because they're not marked in the 1st game. 

(I replied to a 7 years old post, but Idk, maybe new people will find it useful) 

Edited by DeNada91
tiananmen square
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

don’t worry homie. It’s on my backlog so any info it’ll be helpful 

Then I suggest you to grind XP by playing online levels in inFamous 2 (if you haven't done it yet).

If I remember correctly, there are 3 online-related trophies in inFamous 2 and 1 in inFamous: Festival of Blood. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stuntmaster Trophy in 1 is harder and potentially missable if you don't focus on getting "Harder They Fall" stunt done earlier in the game, or as soon as you have a chance.

Blast Shard collection is a slight challenge in 1, compared to no challenge in 2 due to a User Created Mission that helps you get them all in about 3 minutes.

The end boss is a lot harder in 1, really cheap on hard, I beat him on Good Hard, it's easier on Evil Hard.

Overall 1 is the harder game, yet I think I enjoyed 2 more, and FoB the best.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, LegendExeter said:

Stuntmaster Trophy in 1 is harder and potentially missable if you don't focus on getting "Harder They Fall" stunt done earlier in the game, or as soon as you have a chance.

Blast Shard collection is a slight challenge in 1, compared to no challenge in 2 due to a User Created Mission that helps you get them all in about 3 minutes.

The end boss is a lot harder in 1, really cheap on hard, I beat him on Good Hard, it's easier on Evil Hard.

Overall 1 is the harder game, yet I think I enjoyed 2 more, and FoB the best.

Didn't remember about the 3min mission that gets you all the shards. I collected them all lol. Btw I beat the boss on Evil Hard, but it's still pretty hard. I always started my inFamous gameplay on evil.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, ThunderSaucepan said:

Lmao @ inFAMOUS 2 being easy on Hard Mode. That game wasn't designed for a hard difficulty. It was utterly bullshit with artificial difficulty on hard. The first game is way more fair and properly challenging on its Hard Mode on the sequel. 

You sure you're playing the same games as everybody else? You're just about the only person I've ever seen claim Infamous 2 is harder than Infamous 1. 

The controls and the extended powers in Infamous 2 make it the easier game. Second Son and First Light are even easier than that. The first game would be infuriating on hard if it weren't for the extremely generous checkpoints. I'm playing it now on hard and the "Anything For Trish" mission where you need to protect the bus and get all the way to the hospital would've been a nightmare if it weren't for the fact you get a checkpoint after every street you go down and your bus health gets replenished some. I wouldn't call having more checkpoints as 'fair' to make up for hard difficulty being overwhelming at points. Infamous 2 was just more manageable on hard whereas Infamous 1 makes you lean on the checkpoints sometimes to get by. I haven't gotten to the final boss yet but I hear he's a bitch on hard too. 

Overall, the whole series is easy compared to most others. 

3 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

You sure you're playing the same games as everybody else? You're just about the only person I've ever seen claim Infamous 2 is harder than Infamous 1. 

The controls and the extended powers in Infamous 2 make it the easier game. Second Son and First Light are even easier than that. The first game would be infuriating on hard if it weren't for the extremely generous checkpoints. I'm playing it now on hard and the "Anything For Trish" mission where you need to protect the bus and get all the way to the hospital would've been a nightmare if it weren't for the fact you get a checkpoint after every street you go down and your bus health gets replenished some. I wouldn't call having more checkpoints as 'fair' to make up for hard difficulty being overwhelming at points. Infamous 2 was just more manageable on hard whereas Infamous 1 makes you lean on the checkpoints sometimes to get by. I haven't gotten to the final boss yet but I hear he's a bitch on hard too. 

Overall, the whole series is easy compared to most others. 

The introduction of an energy draining aspect for the basic "lightning bolt" attack in the second game made a huge difference. It made early game much more of a chore at certain areas because a lot of the missions took place in parts of the map that had blackouts, so replenishing became an issue. You could mitigate this by abusing the glitch wherein using Bio-Leech on an enemy renders you practically invincible (if you die during it, you get knocked off and your health is replenished), but again that's an opportuinistic mechanic. And draining from cars left you wide open. With IF1, the infinite lightning bolt meant that you could run into powerless areas and grind to your heart's content to get a leg up. And you didn't have to deal with attack helicopters or minigunners, only turret trucks that were easily dealt with from cover. 

The second game also half-assed the inclusion of a new melee system, because beyond the basic hits and special attack, there wasn't much else to it. Yet it forced a lot of encounters prioritizing melee, particularly with the Corrupted enemies, who were exceptionally resilient to your powers and also often too fast to land a hit in the heat of combat a lot of times. Not to mention that the camera during melee tends to spaz out because of the way it's designed to pan over Cole and his target when you use the Amp, so if there are any structures near you, it gets jittery. 

What was the absolute worst thing they introduced though is the new physics system wherein you can be knocked over by just about any attack. You get swiped by a swamp monster? You get knocked onto your back. You get tackled by a Ravager? On your ass you go. You get hit by a stray rocket from a militiaman or an ice shard barrage from a Vermaak 88 member? You get knocked back. And the camera would often focus in on you as you get knocked back, so you not only are made vulnerable, but you temporarily lose situational awareness. It was a nightmare to fight the Behemoth boss for this reason, because the boss could knock you over with its breath attack and its minions could do the same with basic melee, so you had to fight high ground quick (of which there was little) or constantly strafe and alternate between aiming and meleeing.

Overall though, yeah the game is pretty easy and still one of my favorites. I made that post coming off the aforementioned Behemoth fight and was playing on PS Now so there was also lag involved, thus I was feeling a little salty. But I'd still rank as the hardest relative to the other installments.

As for the IF1 final boss, yeah Kessler can be a pain, but you get a wide open battlefield and he mostly moves slowly with the occasional flashstep, so you can wear him down with your basic R1 attack gradually. Don't think it's a good idea to spam rockets or the lightning storm attack when he takes a knee though. He'll recover too quick for you to capitlize on their damage. 

Edited by ThunderSaucepan

2 hours ago, ThunderSaucepan said:

As for the IF1 final boss, yeah Kessler can be a pain, but you get a wide open battlefield and he mostly moves slowly with the occasional flashstep, so you can wear him down with your basic R1 attack gradually. Don't think it's a good idea to spam rockets or the lightning storm attack when he takes a knee though. He'll recover too quick for you to capitlize on their damage. 

Having literally just beat Kessler on hard, I have to say he was a bit of a pushover compared to what I've heard people say. You can just dodge all his attacks, even the shockwave attack, you can just dodge right through it. I also took the spam rocket approach when he was stunned as light attacks do practically nothing to him and takes too long on hard. When he spawns the drones in, he pretty much stops attacking you to give you time to take them out instead, how courteous of him. Quite simple when you figure out you can spam dodge through the whole thing. Beat him easily on the 3rd try. 

If anything, the 3 final missions before Kessler were tougher and far more annoying as the game just throws everything at you at once. 

• Like 1