Stinking Rebels-Trophy Help

I'm having trouble with this trophy.  What constitutes as a bodyguard?  Is it the captains in the area when you are fighting the war chief?  The rest of this game has been a breeze for me.  I just don't think I fully understand the requirements for this trophy.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but any help would be appreciated.  

You have to brand a captain, command him to enter the ranks of a warchief, and help them through their initiation mission (marked blue on the map). You can see a warchiefs' bodyguards by highlighting him in the nemesis menu, his bodyguards are connected to him by a line. 

Once you've gotten 5 bodyguards, command one to betray the warchief. When this mission starts, simply press down on d-pad to command all your branded bodyguards to attack. 

Here's an example of a bodyguard, you need 5 of them to be branded:

rrgkkjkzsrbfxe0wtsm9.jpg

Check out my Shadow of Mordor guide if you need any more help :)

Edited by Saltyie

You have to brand a captain, command him to enter the ranks of a warchief, and help them through their initiation mission (marked blue on the map). You can see a warchiefs' bodyguards by highlighting him in the nemesis menu, his bodyguards are connected to him by a line. 

Once you've gotten 5 bodyguards, command one to betray the warchief. When this mission starts, simply press down on d-pad to command all your branded bodyguards to attack. 

rrgkkjkzsrbfxe0wtsm9.jpg

If you press down on the D-pad won't that kill your branded bodyguards instead of commanding them to attack?

rrgkkjkzsrbfxe0wtsm9.jpg

When you hover over a warchief on the Sauron's Army menu, you will see physical connections to other captains. Those are the warchief's bodyguards and will appear to fight alongside him.

If you wind up killing a bodyguard that's connected already, you can still have other Captains you branded become a Warchiefs bodyguard and it will still count.

Thanks a lot everyone.  I will give it a try right now!

Update: I got it!  Thanks to everyone.  

Is 5 the most captains that you can have as bodyguards?  It was really cool to jump the war chief with his own guys.

Congrats on the plat!

I'm not sure actually, unless there's a limit, you can probably get all the captains under one warchief, which would be pretty epic to see!

This was probably the most rewarding trophy I got in the game, because it also helped me to get A Mighty Doom for which you need to acquire a level 25 rune.

Basically the warchief I was going after was the single most annoying uruk I had faced throughout the game. He was immune to combat, ranged, and magic. Beasts only angered him and he was able to kill beasts easily. Essentially there was no way I myself could hurt the guy. 

So I did so much preparation. I made sure everything was perfect for A Mighty Doom in order to have the highest chance to drop the rune I needed. I branded five really tough uruk captains and went through different initiation missions to make them all this guy's bodyguards. Then, when the fight came, I tried to damage the warchief as much as I feebly could, whilst trying to build a nice combo off his swarms of enemies. I activated my branded captains, and they just beat the warchief into a corner, pummelling him ruthlessly, until his health went down to three quarters, and then suddenly empty, and he also dropped my needed rune.

This was probably the most rewarding trophy I got in the game, because it also helped me to get A Mighty Doom for which you need to acquire a level 25 rune.

Basically the warchief I was going after was the single most annoying uruk I had faced throughout the game. He was immune to combat, ranged, and magic. Beasts only angered him and he was able to kill beasts easily. Essentially there was no way I myself could hurt the guy. 

So I did so much preparation. I made sure everything was perfect for A Mighty Doom in order to have the highest chance to drop the rune I needed. I branded five really tough uruk captains and went through different initiation missions to make them all this guy's bodyguards. Then, when the fight came, I tried to damage the warchief as much as I feebly could, whilst trying to build a nice combo off his swarms of enemies. I activated my branded captains, and they just beat the warchief into a corner, pummelling him ruthlessly, until his health went down to three quarters, and then suddenly empty, and he also dropped my needed rune.

Nice!

I'm really excited to play the story DLC for this game.

• 1 month later...