Game wishlist site suggestion

I think one thing you do have to take into consideration is that if certain sites feel clunky, it's because they try to offer too much. PSNP is probably the most streamlined site because there are lots of things that Sly either doesn't want to add, or takes the time to think about and implement correctly.

I also personally believe that this function doesn't really fit into the PSNP ethos which is tracking trophies and stats and recently having guides to obtain said trophies. It doesn't mean it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for this site.

It doesn't need to be anything cumbersome or fancy mem.

Try imagine a new page similar to your main profile page. Here you can see the trophy lists you put in your wishlist (and remove them if you don't want them anymore).

From the Games section, while browsing the trophy lists, you could add them to the wish list page with a "whis list" button (maybe something like the green + button to add trophies to the cabinet).

And if you buy the game and earn 1 trophy the site should be able to recognize if the list is in your wish list and remove it from there since it will now appear in your main profile page.

• Like 3

I get that, and I admit that if it does get integrated, then I'm pretty sure that it'll be done in the correct way.

I'm just wondering how much it fits into the site as it is today, and Sly's plans for the site in the future

I think this feature would be highly benefiacial for collecting trophies. Since you can easilly track the games you might want to earn trophies in later!

This would be an interesting feature to have, but also a largely pointless one.

You can very easily make a wishlist of games yourself with notepad, word, excel, google docs, and many other different programs.

Not really pointless in my opinion as some could use the wishlist to place owned but not started titles so it is easy to sift through each list be it to figure if they should start said game now or not although it'd be clearly aimed more for those hunting/tracking trophies and if it can be worked so a game in that list/page disappears once you've actually started it I can see that being pretty handy if it can be done.

• Like 1

This would be an interesting feature to have, but also a largely pointless one.

You can very easily make a wishlist of games yourself with notepad, word, excel, google docs, and many other different programs.

I could be doing all the tracking with a spreadsheet. I still prefer the site.

Not really pointless in my opinion as some could use the wishlist to place owned but not started titles so it is easy to sift through each list be it to figure if they should start said game now or not although it'd be clearly aimed more for those hunting/tracking trophies and if it can be worked so a game in that list/page disappears once you've actually started it I can see that being pretty handy if it can be done.

You can already list out every game you could possibly want through dozens of different programs, and you can easily search for and compare any games you want through the games tab. You can even use the search function to go directly to the game you want, instead of having to scan through the list. Which is actually easier than having a giant wishlist of games that you'd have to search through.

Since you can already do everything you want to do, it makes a feature like this pretty pointless.