Do trophy reset once i open an account?

Crowbrother

So when i bought my ps vita 3 weeks ago i had this promote asking me to either sign in with an existing account or open a new one - i declined both options so it gave me a "dummy account" - i can browser PS store but cant play multiplayer .

Now, it also gave me "parental controls" app (though i heard u get it anyway) since i entered a date of birth - required also for a dummy account- that is under 18 and i have been wondering what happens once i open a new real account on the system . Will it let me open an account that is over 18 ?

And also , will trophy information saved on the system transfer to the new account?

If you set your age under 18, you will always get a limited account.

And... if you create a new account, no trophies will transfer to that account.

Trophies are connected to the account.

Trophies on PS3 are just showing best local progress from all accounts.

What do u mean "always get a limited account" ? You mean ill the system will only let me open only a sub account???! Even if i turn 18 by then????!

Cause when i want -let's say- buy something from PSN it asks me to sign in or sign up. Ehat i have is a dummy account right now, does it mean once i "upgrade" to a real account ill loose my trophies???

You won't lose any trophies, you will just have a separate account with different trophies.

So if you earn a trophy on the dummy account, it will not appear on your account "Crowbrother".

WHAT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I spent 48 hours on persona 4 golden ! 32% of the trophies!!!!! And i lose it all?

Sony is a bunch of ass***** , i mean SUB accounts dont become reguler account so there goes that option .

Basically , they're selling a console that is only for adults... bought a vita and now i have nothing to do with it until i am supposedly 18.

Mha... Why lord ?! Whhhy!!!!

What do u mean "always get a limited account" ? You mean ill the system will only let me open only a sub account???! Even if i turn 18 by then????!

Nope. Only as long as you are underage (in Sony terms of service it's under 18).

Once you turn 18, you can have normal account.

WHAT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I spent 48 hours on persona 4 golden ! 32% of the trophies!!!!! And i lose it all?

Sony is a bunch of ass***** , i mean SUB accounts dont become reguler account so there goes that option .

Basically , they're selling a console that is only for adults... bought a vita and now i have nothing to do with it until i am supposedly 18.

Mha... Why lord ?! Whhhy!!!!

By the way why didn't you use the account you have now?

(And 50 hours... in P4G, you should be happy to have a chance to replay that brilliant game :))

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

How is my fault ?? Sony supplies ZERO information about TROPHY transfers from an accountless VITA to a new account.

If you have not yet linked the VITA to a PSN account, simply sign in to the PSN using the Existing Account option. The trophies earned to date should then synchronise from your VITA to the PSN.

• Like 1

If you have not yet linked the VITA to a PSN account, simply sign in to the PSN using the Existing Account option. The trophies earned to date should then synchronise from your VITA to the PSN.

This is what I was thinking, coz it sounds more like he set up a dummy system account, rather than a dummy PSN account. PSN accounts require details such as email and name, etc.

Logging into a PSN account will just sync what's on there to the PSN account. This kind of thing happened when I first got my PS3, coz I wasn't connected to the internet originally, so I couldn't create an account.

Edited by LukaLaurent
  • Like 2

This is what I was thinking, coz it sounds more like he set up a dummy system account, rather than a dummy PSN account. PSN accounts require details such as email and name, etc.

Logging into a PSN account will just sync what's on there to the PSN account. This kind of thing happened when I first got my PS3, coz I wasn't connected to the internet originally, so I couldn't create an account.

That's exactly what i was thinking , but according to one of SONY's people (i called their customer service) the trophy will not transfer from the VITA to the Account once i sign in/up.

Im still not so sure though.... maybe she didnt understand me..... she did sound like she does not understand a lot about PSN

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...