Cassio Tinker of Trophies!

Cassiopria

55 # Battle Princess of Arcadias

1L5bb389.png

Date of achievement June 21th 2015

Difficult : 4.0 Enjoyment : Heart.png

Hardest Trophy : 43S31649d.png Elite Legion 

Favorite Trophy : 26Sd51724.png Enhance Master 

Battle Princess of Arcadias wasn’t announced with much fanfare, but I sat up and took notice anyway. It immediately reminded me of games like Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire, and since I’m a huge Vanillaware fan, I knew I had to play it. I can’t say that Battle Princess can go toe to toe with Odin Sphere, but its bubbly mix of beat ‘em up, role-playing, and strategy kept me smiling the whole time I played it.

The first thing I noticed about Battle Princess is its bright and beautiful world, which sets it apart from the more common drab, post-apocalyptic look of so many other games about a world in need of a savior. It’s clear that developer Apollosoft took its art direction cues from Vanillaware (forests and mountains look like they’re copied directly from Odin Sphere), and Battle Princess does a good job capturing the vibrant color palette. Unfortunately, it also looks like an old Flash game, based on the at times flat and choppy quality of the animation. I was relieved to find that choppiness doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way, since much of Battle Princess’ fun lies in the fast-paced combat.

Three different combat modes are available: regular combat, skirmishes, and sieges. Combat is by far the easiest and most enjoyable mode for me – I loved cutting down enemies using the red-haired protagonist Plume and her Princess Corp. (a group of nine playable companions that accompany the battle princess wherever she goes). Well mapped-out and responsive controls make it smooth and easy to set up 100-hit combos of light, strong, and special attacks, which kept the action zipping along. I also like being able to quickly swap out characters in combat by tapping the R1 button, letting me take advantage of each character’s special weapon type (sword, spear, gun, etc.) and skill set, which proved to be useful against the myriad different enemies that appeared on the battlefield. Best of all, when things got hairy I could use built-up skill points to unleash a massive group attack that instantly destroyed everything in its path.

battle-princess-of-arcadias-dragon.jpg

Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 4

1L5bb389.png

Date of achievement June 21th 2015

Difficult : 4.0 Enjoyment : Heart.png

Hardest Trophy : 43S31649d.png Elite Legion 

Favorite Trophy : 26Sd51724.png Enhance Master 

Battle Princess of Arcadias wasn’t announced with much fanfare, but I sat up and took notice anyway. It immediately reminded me of games like Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire, and since I’m a huge Vanillaware fan, I knew I had to play it. I can’t say that Battle Princess can go toe to toe with Odin Sphere, but its bubbly mix of beat ‘em up, role-playing, and strategy kept me smiling the whole time I played it.

The first thing I noticed about Battle Princess is its bright and beautiful world, which sets it apart from the more common drab, post-apocalyptic look of so many other games about a world in need of a savior. It’s clear that developer Apollosoft took its art direction cues from Vanillaware (forests and mountains look like they’re copied directly from Odin Sphere), and Battle Princess does a good job capturing the vibrant color palette. Unfortunately, it also looks like an old Flash game, based on the at times flat and choppy quality of the animation. I was relieved to find that choppiness doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way, since much of Battle Princess’ fun lies in the fast-paced combat.

Three different combat modes are available: regular combat, skirmishes, and sieges. Combat is by far the easiest and most enjoyable mode for me – I loved cutting down enemies using the red-haired protagonist Plume and her Princess Corp. (a group of nine playable companions that accompany the battle princess wherever she goes). Well mapped-out and responsive controls make it smooth and easy to set up 100-hit combos of light, strong, and special attacks, which kept the action zipping along. I also like being able to quickly swap out characters in combat by tapping the R1 button, letting me take advantage of each character’s special weapon type (sword, spear, gun, etc.) and skill set, which proved to be useful against the myriad different enemies that appeared on the battlefield. Best of all, when things got hairy I could use built-up skill points to unleash a massive group attack that instantly destroyed everything in its path.

Looks like a fun game. Congrats on the platinum, Cassio!

• Like 1

Looks like a fun game. Congrats on the platinum, Cassio!

Thank you Lou :) Yes it is :)  and if go play that game make sure 

Side-stories will appears in post-game ONLY if you beat them during storyline. And a lot of them disappears past a certain point of the game. Side Story 1 is the special one, you need to talk to the soldier in the castle, and this soldier disappears once you reach the end of the game

• Like 1

Thank you Lou :) Yes it is :)  and if go play that game make sure 

Side-stories will appears in post-game ONLY if you beat them during storyline. And a lot of them disappears past a certain point of the game. Side Story 1 is the special one, you need to talk to the soldier in the castle, and this soldier disappears once you reach the end of the game

Aw great I love me some missables. Thanks for informing Cass.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

56 # Bastion

1Lc16581.png

Date of achievement:  21st Jul 2015

Difficult :7.0 Enjoyment : 9.5

Hardest  Trophy22S149b59.pngAbout the Author 

Favorite Trophy: 23S69a616.pngHard Bargain 

As a young man simply named the Kid, you wake up to a world in ruin. A gruff-voiced narrator says that something called the Calamity has shattered the land of Caelondia into countless pieces below, creating a bizarre reality where you must live on sections of land that float in the air. After guiding the Kid through remnants of this post-apocalyptic world with nothing but enemies to fight, you soon stumble upon the titular Bastion: a place of refuge meant for anyone to come to during a disaster. Luckily, you happen upon an elderly man here named Rucks, who encourages you to find Cores imbued with power to restore this place to its former state, seek out survivors, and perhaps find out how all of this came to happen.

There are some games that just have the ability to pull you into their worlds, and Bastion is a great example of this. You're dropped into a dark fantasy tale that portrays its people, culture, towns, wildlife, and more through a broken lens, which catches the history behind these things with snippets of brief dialogue from the narrator, items with telling descriptions in every level, and environmental set pieces that show what society was like before the Calamity. There's a slow and ambiguous yet compelling sense of world building, and though the story has a minimal cast of characters, they are subtly built upon to keep them mysterious but worth caring about in this lonely reality. The smooth plot progression, twists, and astounding final hours add up to an emotional rollercoaster of a ride, and we were surprised just how invested we were in the narrative by the end.11737867_944191855651966_108297760938308

• Like 1

original.jpg

Journey 100% 24th Jul 2015

Developer Thatgamecompany took the beauty of Flow and the meditative gameplay of Flower, and added an immense sense of scale in its third and most impressive game. In the length of a standard movie, Journey is able to consistently make me feel emotion in a way that few games ever have. At just over two hours long, Journey delivers an adventure that runs the gamut of human emotions. The awe that comes from cresting your first hill and spotting the mountain on the horizon is paired expertly with the fear that stems from exploring the ancient caverns beneath your destination. The playful curiosity of stumbling across a fellow traveler – another player having their own experience – and wordlessly cooperating with them to explore this world is only strengthened by the isolation and desperation that awaits near the mountain's frozen summit.Without spoiling the ending, the visual and emotional catharsis that exists at the top of that mountain makes playing Journey a powerful circle that I want to constantly revisit.Whether you’re playing it for the first time, or revisiting it after three years, Journy remains one of the most powerful games in recent memory. With strong environmental storytelling, powerful music, and an emotional ending, it is absolutely a classic of the modern adventure genre. If you missed it on PS3, do yourself a favor and experience it on PS4. If you did play on PS3, you now own it on PS4, so this minimal graphical update is an excellent excuse to revisit it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

56 # Bastion

1Lc16581.png

Date of achievement: 21st Jul 2015

Difficult :7.0 Enjoyment : 9.5

Hardest Trophy: 22S149b59.pngAbout the Author

Favorite Trophy: 23S69a616.pngHard Bargain

As a young man simply named the Kid, you wake up to a world in ruin. A gruff-voiced narrator says that something called the Calamity has shattered the land of Caelondia into countless pieces below, creating a bizarre reality where you must live on sections of land that float in the air. After guiding the Kid through remnants of this post-apocalyptic world with nothing but enemies to fight, you soon stumble upon the titular Bastion: a place of refuge meant for anyone to come to during a disaster. Luckily, you happen upon an elderly man here named Rucks, who encourages you to find Cores imbued with power to restore this place to its former state, seek out survivors, and perhaps find out how all of this came to happen.

There are some games that just have the ability to pull you into their worlds, and Bastion is a great example of this. You're dropped into a dark fantasy tale that portrays its people, culture, towns, wildlife, and more through a broken lens, which catches the history behind these things with snippets of brief dialogue from the narrator, items with telling descriptions in every level, and environmental set pieces that show what society was like before the Calamity. There's a slow and ambiguous yet compelling sense of world building, and though the story has a minimal cast of characters, they are subtly built upon to keep them mysterious but worth caring about in this lonely reality. The smooth plot progression, twists, and astounding final hours add up to an emotional rollercoaster of a ride, and we were surprised just how invested we were in the narrative by the end.11737867_944191855651966_108297760938308

original.jpg

Journey 100%24th Jul 2015

Developer Thatgamecompany took the beauty of Flow and the meditative gameplay of Flower, and added an immense sense of scale in its third and most impressive game. In the length of a standard movie, Journey is able to consistently make me feel emotion in a way that few games ever have. At just over two hours long, Journey delivers an adventure that runs the gamut of human emotions. The awe that comes from cresting your first hill and spotting the mountain on the horizon is paired expertly with the fear that stems from exploring the ancient caverns beneath your destination. The playful curiosity of stumbling across a fellow traveler – another player having their own experience – and wordlessly cooperating with them to explore this world is only strengthened by the isolation and desperation that awaits near the mountain's frozen summit.Without spoiling the ending, the visual and emotional catharsis that exists at the top of that mountain makes playing Journey a powerful circle that I want to constantly revisit.Whether you’re playing it for the first time, or revisiting it after three years, Journy remains one of the most powerful games in recent memory. With strong environmental storytelling, powerful music, and an emotional ending, it is absolutely a classic of the modern adventure genre. If you missed it on PS3, do yourself a favor and experience it on PS4. If you did play on PS3, you now own it on PS4, so this minimal graphical update is an excellent excuse to revisit it.

54 # BioShock

1L3c467c.png

Date of achievement: June 15th 2015

Difficult : 7.0 Enjoyment : Heart.png

Hardest Trophy : 54S24eb67.pngI Chose the Impossible

Favorite Trophy : 46Sd3d2ac.pngSeriously Good At This

Going beyond "run and gun corridors," "monster-closet AIs" and static worlds, BioShock creates a living, unique and unpredictable FPS experience. After your plane crashes into icy uncharted waters, you discover a rusted bathysphere and descend into Rapture, a city hidden beneath the sea. Constructed as an idealistic society for a hand picked group of scientists, artists and industrialists, the idealism is no more. Now the city is littered with corpses, wildly powerful guardians roam the corridors as little girls loot the dead, and genetically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn. Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your very survival. Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to the enemy and environment. Genetically modify your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city, empowering you with fantastic and often grotesque abilities. Explore a living world powered by Ecological A.I., where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience. Experience truly next generation graphics that vividly illustrate the forlorn art deco city, highlighted by the most detailed and realistic water effects ever developed in a video game. Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture...or save them?

1L5bb389.png

Date of achievement: June 21th 2015

Difficult : 4.0 Enjoyment : Heart.png

Hardest Trophy : 43S31649d.png Elite Legion

Favorite Trophy : 26Sd51724.pngEnhance Master

The first thing I noticed about Battle Princess is its bright and beautiful world, which sets it apart from the more common drab, post-apocalyptic look of so many other games about a world in need of a savior. It’s clear that developer Apollosoft took its art direction cues from Vanillaware (forests and mountains look like they’re copied directly from Odin Sphere), and Battle Princess does a good job capturing the vibrant color palette. Unfortunately, it also looks like an old Flash game, based on the at times flat and choppy quality of the animation. I was relieved to find that choppiness doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way, since much of Battle Princess’ fun lies in the fast-paced combat.

Battle Pr

Congratulations on all of this Cassi, Bioshock was my platinum 25, really amazing game :)

Let me see if I can also do good and earn bastion next

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

57 # Far Cry 4 ( PS4)

1L24bade.png

Date of achievement 9th Aug 2015

Difficult : 4.0 Enjoyment : 8.9

Hardest Trophy : None

Favorite Trophy : 1S104075.png Master Of Kyrat

Hidden in the towering Himalayas lies a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale, returning to the country of your birth, the lush forests and harsh snow capped summits of Kyrat, to fulfill your mother’s dying wish of spreading her ashes. This vast and unpredictable country offers visitors opportunity and danger. You quickly find yourself caught up in a rebellion to overthrow the oppressive regime of Pagan Min, a figure known as much for his sense of style and charisma as for his cruelty and naked brutality. Navigating the treacherous landscape, you find your fate increasingly determined by the choices you make because in Kyrat, and every second is a story. In Far Cry 4, you’ll conquer fortress outposts from the back of a 6-ton elephant and take to the skies as you rain down explosives from your moving perch in the gyrocopter. The vertical landscape of the Himalayas isn’t just a gorgeous backdrop, but a playground that encourages the player to fight, hunt and explore, grappling cliffs or launching into the air, plummeting to the valley below in a controlled free fall with your wing suit. You’ll carry with you a truly unique arsenal of weaponry that lets you play your way, whether it’s sniping, sneaking or all-out assault. When all else fails, animals can be your biggest allies or your greatest peril, as Kyrat’s wilderness delivers on the promise of a true open world anecdote factory.

11873734_955568174514334_719069882579190

• Like 1

<3 Next after my 10 plat i working on This  :wub:  <3

11954593_966431523427999_514059313998775

• CATHERINE
  • all the Final Fantasy
  • ICO
  • all the KH
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Nier
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects
  • Rack N Ruin
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Skyrim
  • Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Time and Eternity
  • TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll
Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 2

Cassi congratulations on your new platinum :D

<3 Next after my 10 plat i working on This  :wub:  <3

11880403_955705101167308_825968022721551

• CATHERINE
  • all the Final Fantasy
  • ICO
  • all the KH
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Nier
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects
  • Rack N Ruin
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Skyrim
  • Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Time and Eternity
  • TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll

Really beautiful

• Like 1

Cassi congratulations on your new platinum :D

Really beautiful

Thank you :blush: How go Bastion ? I can't not wait for the new HK3 and Final Fantasy 15, 7 :) and Odin Sphere Lifthrasir that will great 

I got Pre order Dragon Quest Heroes - Day One Edition :) Do you got new Pre orders coming?

Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...