How is this game?

Spark-N

So I'm most likely going to get this for Christmas and I was wondering how it is, there has been a lot of caffuffle with Unity and it's kind of overshadowed Rogue so I was wondering how bad in comparison this game is, I haven't heard or read anything major about it.

Edited by Spark-N

I've got Rogue and nearly platted it. I think you'll like this a lot especially if you liked AC Black Flag. The Naval part of the game is excellent with a few tweaks (for the better) and some new weaponry. The main story is  a bit on the short side but getting 100% across the entire game will take time, and will be needed if you're going for the plat as one of the trophies requires the 'Veterans' cheat to be on and this is not unlocked until you have 65 of 70 abstergo challenges unlocked. All in all, it's a worthwhile entry in the franchise and some might say, it's better than Unity.

I think the story is way too short to be the price that it is, should have been another DLC for Black Flag in my opinion like Freedom Cry. That being said it is a really good game and really puts into perspective the Templar views, in some ways it makes it sound better than the Brotherhood! Really easy for the platinum and you don't have to 100% the game to achieve it :)

Be warned though, the credits take almost 30mins to end and you have to finish them to earn the 'Templar Then, Templar Now' trophy.

• Like 1

I think its fantastic. It's a bit shorter then the other games (which isnt saying much). It took my about roughly 15 hours to finish with some exploration thrown in, wasn't going for trophies but rather just enjoying the story. Granted i did take my sweet time. Its longer then black flag, I imagine that if you were to play it as fast as humanly possible you could finish in 8 hours. But as a quick note. The number of sequences within the games have nothing to do with the actual length of the adventure, but rather the time the events of the story take place. 

As for the story, easily the darkest and most interesting in the series. Shay is a great character, and the ending will make you explode.  

As for the gameplay it plays the exact same as AC4 with a bunch of new animations and some fun new weapons. The AI isn't stupid anymore though. I was actually surprised at how hard enemies hit now. And your health regeneration is stressfully slow now when you are in combat. Enemy view distance is much improved, be prepared to be spotted from half a mile away now. And the new assassin mechanic rocks! I must've gotten ambushed about 30 times while playing. The new assassin AI can see you before you see them, even with eagle vision turned on you won't see them until they are very close. They're fast and deadly, if you aren't at full health when you get air assassinated you'll die instantly. You can still counter kill them but you gotta be quick. As for the parkour. It feels a bit tighter now. Almost too tight. There are the occasional moments where you are pushing forward but shay wont move. Also the rock-climbing in this game is really frustrating. I swear if this game was AC3 you could climb any surface!

As for the naval. Your crew doesn't get in the way as much, but they still randomly lock on to you and start hitting you. Your ship is faster, upgrades add a neat twist now. Such as being able to shoot twice in a row. And you have a few added weapons.

Soundtrack is great, Graphics are gorgeous. That about covers it. Definitely one of the best games in the series. And it provided nice closure to the american saga. 

I'd give it a very well deserved 8/10.

P.S. Your beard is sexy.

Edited by shananiganyo

• 4 months later...

I personally find it really boring and aggregating. He's far too slow, the map is far too large with the little content available. The main character just seems really depressing to play with his 'manly' attitude against everything... The best part about the game is the graphics :/

ZachBoardyHD.png

I really enjoyed that one. Its easier than AC BF and alightly shorter. Storyline is good, some missions are hard to make 100% synchronisation.

For me its a kind of mix between AC3 (some npcs and locations are this same) and AC Black Flag (naval missions and Adewale for argument sake). Good game if u want to enjoy singleplayer sessions.

World is huge in general. Camps, forts and villages are fun. Real game starts when u want to do plat. So many collectibles!

• 3 months later...

I've got Rogue and nearly platted it. I think you'll like this a lot especially if you liked AC Black Flag. The Naval part of the game is excellent with a few tweaks (for the better) and some new weaponry. The main story is  a bit on the short side but getting 100% across the entire game will take time, and will be needed if you're going for the plat as one of the trophies requires the 'Veterans' cheat to be on and this is not unlocked until you have 65 of 70 abstergo challenges unlocked. All in all, it's a worthwhile entry in the franchise and some might say, it's better than Unity.

Only cool thing Unity has going for it is the coop, which I love.