PS players being ripped off? (Vrs XB - Telltale games)

StrickenBiged

Hello all

I just read this article which reports that Telltale's latest offerings are priced much higher on PS platforms than on XB platforms. 

As someone who was considering buying these games on PS4, I am going to hold off until the price drops or a rational and acceptable explanation comes forth from Telltale/Sony.

What do y'all think?

Doesn't really sound devious, sounds more like Sony are charging more to put the Telltale games up on the PSN which then has a knock on effect on the price.

Game companies have to pay the platform owner money for putting their games up on the platform. They also have to pay the platform owner money to put patches up for their games too. The former of which can affect the recommended retail price (RRP) of the game. A bit similar to the way you might find a game in one physical game store cheaper than the other store down the road.

I guess at the end of the day, it is discretionary, meaning it is up to Sony how much they decide to charge for a game. But yeah, it would be nice if they were at least a bit competitive with other platforms.

It could be a case of MS knowing how popular TT games are so they are charging them less to put it on their service if they lower the price (thus hopefully swaying consumers their way).

This isn't a case of TT doing it on their own, there is something at play (either Sony charging too much or MS charging too little)

It could be a case of MS knowing how popular TT games are so they are charging them less to put it on their service if they lower the price (thus hopefully swaying consumers their way).

This isn't a case of TT doing it on their own, there is something at play (either Sony charging too much or MS charging too little)

This.  My bet it on the latter.  MS needs all the help they can get.