Do you actually love Japan? Or is it all Anime fuelled?

Capreb

And the Japanese language itself is pretty damn hard, 

Spoken Japanese isn't that hard. The hard part are kanji and some specific grammar constructions.

Difference is, in Japan it's legal to reject hiring you based on the fact that you're not Japanese. There's Japanese only restaurants and so on.. so it's not even the same thing. 

It's legal in Japan and completely illegal in the UK. We don't even have the freedom of speech in the UK so you can be arrested for saying racist things.

So yeah, not even remotely the same situation. 

You cannot compare Japan to any other country in the world.

Yea, UK is also an island but it wasn't isolated at all throughout the history.

On the other hand, Japan has been exposed to outer world for less than 200 146 years (since I love maths, I must say exact number xD).

That's not nearly enough to change all the customs.

But it's been much worse pre-2000, it's not that bad now.

I mean, it's more between older Japanese population, it's not that hot between young population.

I love their culture and the fact they're so considerate of others (the face mask, they wear this when they are sick or if they don't want to get sick, more countries should do this honestly).  You get racists anywhere, gaijin is kind of an inside term and you shouldn't really be offended if they use it, they're just saying what they see (just like we do if we know someone is a foreigner).

Also really enjoy their music.  I'm not much of an anime fan and that alone wouldn't fuel my interests in Japan.  I'll love to go there someday, go round Tokyo, Osaka and even the rural spots of Japan.  The only thing I maybe don't like about Japan is that one of their favorite food dishes is Squid, and they cook/prepare very fresh.  Like the food still is moving as there has been some nerves left there.  But that's what the Japanese like, I'll just stay away from that food. >_>

i'm not going to go into any great length here. this thread just seems like a valed attempt to spread hate and contempt for a country and culture that you have never visited by making claims of their hate and contempt for anything foriegn.

It's not totally unbased though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_Japan

As for the "discrimination" part, every single country has their share of racist bigots, Bucknerd posted my thoughts exactly, you're judging a country before even stepping a foot on it!  :blah:

I think OP is asking a very legitimate question: many people just watch the cartoons and think life is rainbows and marshmallows, when in reality for a foreigner it's not like that. Especially living long-term. This being said, I haven't ever been to Japan, but lived in couple other Asian nations for few years and while not being stoned to death and living in the fear for my life I can honestly say that's it's not what it's made out to look like. It's true that in many instances in Asia your white privilege doesn't work so well anymore.

• 8 years later...
Yeah, I absolutely love Japan, Tons of new vending machines, improved washrooms, and the Shiba Inu dog breed. Japanese is pretty tough to learn, but once you get it, you can finally start talking to people.
Edited by Kimura Takahashi

• 5 months later...

For me its the opposite. I don't actually like anime apart from Dragon Ball Z, as we had it on TV in the morning before school when i was in my teens.

Here's what i do love about Japan

- Beautiful country

- Wonderful culture

- Friendly people

- Amazing food

- Japanese Whisky

- Japanese 1990-2000 Cars

- Matcha flavour

• Like 1

I've always been intrigued by Japanese culture - which seems to be like no other. I hear the cities are very clean, people are polite & considerate. I love the food & the quirks of the country.

I'll be heading there in April, so I hope that it is all that I thought it would be...

I thinkJapan is a beautiful country and there are actually quite a lot of things I like about the Japanese people and their unique culture, but ironically anime and JRPGs aren’t on that list. I’m also conscious of the fact that much of my admiration for the country probably stems from the fact I’m viewing it from afar and through a Western lens. I’d love to visit one day as a tourist but not sure I’d want to live there.

21 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I've always been intrigued by Japanese culture - which seems to be like no other. I hear the cities are very clean, people are polite & considerate. I love the food & the quirks of the country.

I'll be heading there in April, so I hope that it is all that I thought it would be...

You gonna be going to the Penis Festival? not something to miss, so much fun...

I agree Japan is like one of the most clean nations. They dont even have street sweeps but you have to do your own street driveway or you will be fined, heavily. 

I hate how filthy america is, I pay for my streets to be sweeped...and they havent even come by for 3 weeks! wtf

• Haha 1

I've liked Japan since the 3rd grade, before anime was even being aired in the U.S. The school did a world information kind of thing and Japan was awesome. I like how serious they take their work. Makes life in the U.S. feel like a bad joke.

Anime is cool and all but really I like the art and drama most.

17 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

You gonna be going to the Penis Festival? not something to miss, so much fun...

I agree Japan is like one of the most clean nations. They dont even have street sweeps but you have to do your own street driveway or you will be fined, heavily. 

I hate how filthy america is, I pay for my streets to be sweeped...and they havent even come by for 3 weeks! wtf

I just googled this Penis Festival, unfortunately I miss it by 4 days...

Kanamara Matsuri Festival in Japan | 2019 - YouTube