BBS Final Mix Changes

I am not worried about playing the songs over again, as you only need a "cool" rating to unlock Hand In Hand. I actually got a "fantastic" rating on my third try on Master. The only song that bites me is Destiny Islands Master, but knowing I do not have to get a "fantastic" rating, but just a "cool" rating, is fine by me. Getting a "fantastic" rating is a pain in the rear....getting a "cool" or "good" is simple. I can get a "fantastic" for the Frozen Command style, or at least I tell myself that.  xD

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that has no trouble at all with the Ice Cream Beat minigames, I can get fantastic on all songs on every difficulty at first try lol

I am not worried about playing the songs over again, as you only need a "cool" rating to unlock Hand In Hand. I actually got a "fantastic" rating on my third try on Master. The only song that bites me is Destiny Islands Master, but knowing I do not have to get a "fantastic" rating, but just a "cool" rating, is fine by me. Getting a "fantastic" rating is a pain in the rear....getting a "cool" or "good" is simple. I can get a "fantastic" for the Frozen Command style, or at least I tell myself that.  xD

You actually need to get a Fantastic rating on all of the songs for a trophy, but luckily, you only need to with one character. Except the Dessert Paradise for the command style. I'm sure it'll be easier every subsequent time you do it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that has no trouble at all with the Ice Cream Beat minigames, I can get fantastic on all songs on every difficulty at first try lol

I've never had any trouble either lol. Only minigame I ever have trouble with is the command boards, because I have just awful luck and constantly get 1's and 2's, while the computer rolls 5's and 6's. I'd skip them if I could, but for the plat, you gotta do them :/

I've never had any trouble either lol. Only minigame I ever have trouble with is the command boards, because I have just awful luck and constantly get 1's and 2's, while the computer rolls 5's and 6's. I'd skip them if I could, but for the plat, you gotta do them :/

Never had any trouble with any of them really, only mini game in the series that I still don't get is the Juggling Mushrooms from KH1, even though I can do it fine in KH2... But yeah, the Board is all luck based and sometimes it sucks...

You actually need to get a Fantastic rating on all of the songs for a trophy, but luckily, you only need to with one character. Except the Dessert Paradise for the command style. I'm sure it'll be easier every subsequent time you do it.

I actually got the trophy a long time ago  :lol:

Edited by x410xDragon

Discovered a couple more changes and added them to the list.

No longer need to be Arena lv 30 to unlock the Ultima Weapon, just have to beat the Keepers of the Arena challenge (I was only lv 27 when I got it).

Also no longer have to complete all of the command boards outside of the Arena to unlock the secret board. You just have to complete every board.

There's also a set number of medals earned per arena fight, and can only be increased by a certain amount by completing a special objective. No longer get more medals depending on time, and if you use group commands. Making it a little harder to grind out medals.

Yeah, you have to do all of the minigames with all three characters to complete the reports with each one, nothing transfers between them.

It's especially annoying because of the command boards. Since you have to win on each board outside of the arena to unlock the final board, then you have to win on all of them again inside of the arena. You also have to play each board until you land on the bonus command tile that happens to have the board exclusive command. Then you also have to hope that you run into Pete during one of those games, and you unlock the Pete D-Link. I have a feeling that it's going to keep a lot of people from not getting the plat.

It is funny you mention the boards, as I had the Secret Board unlocked just as I started Aqua, which was weird. Though, I was not complaining as that just meant I had to play each board once. Also, I just got the platinum just a few minutes ago with Aqua being my last character. The biggest pain was using Terra against the Unknown and No Heart. I do not know if it is just me, but Terra's dodge sucks when you are facing fast-paced boss, like the Unknown. It took me awhile, but managed to get lucky and kill the Unknown around level 50 with a strength of 37/Thunder Surge spam.

Lastly, just as a future reference to anyone facing the Unknown(as Ventus, Aqua, or Terra), you are better off going offensive than defensive as he will just kill you otherwise. A friend of mine tested out a theory for me and confirms going offensive is a lot better than holding back defensively. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is funny you mention the boards, as I had the Secret Board unlocked just as I started Aqua, which was weird. Though, I was not complaining as that just meant I had to play each board once. Also, I just got the platinum just a few minutes ago with Aqua being my last character. The biggest pain was using Terra against the Unknown and No Heart. I do not know if it is just me, but Terra's dodge sucks when you are facing fast-paced boss, like the Unknown. It took me awhile, but managed to get lucky and kill the Unknown around level 50 with a strength of 37/Thunder Surge spam.

Lastly, just as a future reference to anyone facing the Unknown(as Ventus, Aqua, or Terra), you are better off going offensive than defensive as he will just kill you otherwise. A friend of mine tested out a theory for me and confirms going offensive is a lot better than holding back defensively. 

yeah defensive is not gonna save you

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you have to do all of the minigames with all three characters to complete the reports with each one, nothing transfers between them.

It's especially annoying because of the command boards. Since you have to win on each board outside of the arena to unlock the final board, then you have to win on all of them again inside of the arena. You also have to play each board until you land on the bonus command tile that happens to have the board exclusive command. Then you also have to hope that you run into Pete during one of those games, and you unlock the Pete D-Link. I have a feeling that it's going to keep a lot of people from not getting the plat.

Actually the secret board unlocked for me while playing them INSIDE the arena, not outside. Since the trophy says win every playable command board i just did them on the arena and it unlocked (always playing against 1 computer player to shorten playing time) . Now i just need to play them OUTSIDE the arena for the commands and d-link, but i don't need to win any of them which is a huge relief since i can just focus on getting the comands and d-links. Remember that you can buy 1 or 2 things on the arena shop instead of getting them through the command board like the skull board shotlock (can't remember name) i think. What's really pissing me off is getting 9,999 medals in the arena with every single character so i can unlock level 30. that's just ridiculously stupid, apparently i have to grind risky riches forever..

Actually the secret board unlocked for me while playing them INSIDE the arena, not outside. Since the trophy says win every playable command board i just did them on the arena and it unlocked (always playing against 1 computer player to shorten playing time) . Now i just need to play them OUTSIDE the arena for the commands and d-link, but i don't need to win any of them which is a huge relief since i can just focus on getting the comands and d-links. Remember that you can buy 1 or 2 things on the arena shop instead of getting them through the command board like the skull board shotlock (can't remember name) i think. What's really pissing me off is getting 9,999 medals in the arena with every single character so i can unlock level 30. that's just ridiculously stupid, apparently i have to grind risky riches forever..

Personally I found that grinding Risky Riches was not worth the time as the medal output is very small. Instead you should do the mission where you fight Monstro. You can finish the mission in 2-3 minutes which will you net 675 medals. Thunder Surge and Mine Square deals a lot damage to Monstro.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

Monstro, Mega Flare the first room with all the Fire boosts you can get then throw 2 barrels at Monstro to stun him, glide to his tongue and unleash 3 Mine Squares and finish him off with a powerfull Shotlock and he's dead in less then 1 minute, you'll get 675 medals.

Had you read the whole thread, you'd know that I figured that out after that post. I even added it to the original post.

And you don't have to play the command boards outside arena to get Pete, and there's only a couple of commands you need from the command board, the rest can be created by mixing commands.

Had you read the whole thread, you'd know that I figured that out after that post. I even added it to the original post.

And you don't have to play the command boards outside arena to get Pete, and there's only a couple of commands you need from the command board, the rest can be created by mixing commands.

I was only trying to help you, wasn't trying to make you look bad or anything..

actually the only way to unlock d-link pete is to do it outside the arena my man... he will unlock inside the arena but you can't use him as a dlink and that means no trophy.. look it up..

actually the only way to unlock d-link pete is to do it outside the arena my man... he will unlock inside the arena but you can't use him as a dlink and that means no trophy.. look it up..

As someone who unlocked Pete all three times in the Arena, I assure you, that's not the case.

You can unlock him in the arena though.