BBS Final Mix Changes

you forgot 1 change, the unversed received different colours from the original BBS to BBSFM

the colour changes can be found here: http://www.khwiki.com/Unversed

There are a few changes I didn't list. Which is why I said:

Thought I'd make a thread for the changes made in BBS Final Mix too. Just like in the KHII FM changes thread, I'm just going to list the bigger changes.

Palette swaps aren't really that big of a deal, and don't do anything to change the game, so I didn't list them. I did the same thing in the KHII FM changes thread.

Edited by Rawrgna

Some of those changes are not new for the Final Mix version of the game, they where missing from the original Japanese version but where added to the international version. Those are Critical Mode, Pete D-Link, Skull Board, Rumble Racing's Track and Ice Cream Beat's song.

My bad. I only played BBS one time, 4 years ago, and I couldn't remember if they were included or not, so I just threw them in the list just in case. I've updated the first post with the changes, thanks for the heads up!

It might just be me, but the Ice Cream Beat mini-game was hard as crap. I have not played the original Birth By Sleep, but my goodness was Destiny Islands Master unforgiving. I am sure this just the beginning of hard trophies, but jeez, was that annoying. As for the Arena, do you have to complete every entry in the book? I liked the races, but if I have to do it again, that is a tad repetitive on Square Enix's part. I am not saying they were hard, but some of the requirements in the journal look difficult to complete.   

Quick question. I haven't gotten 2.5 yet, but I was wondering, is the Mirage Arena multiplayer? I know it's not online but is it local at all? Like with 2 controllers?

No, SP only, but they reduced the difficulty of the new bosses to be able to be beaten by just one person, on the Japanese PSP version it would be almost impossible (but still doable) with just 1 player.

It might just be me, but the Ice Cream Beat mini-game was hard as crap. I have not played the original Birth By Sleep, but my goodness was Destiny Islands Master unforgiving. I am sure this just the beginning of hard trophies, but jeez, was that annoying. As for the Arena, do you have to complete every entry in the book? I liked the races, but if I have to do it again, that is a tad repetitive on Square Enix's part. I am not saying they were hard, but some of the requirements in the journal look difficult to complete.   

Yeah, you have to do all of the minigames with all three characters to complete the reports with each one, nothing transfers between them.

It's especially annoying because of the command boards. Since you have to win on each board outside of the arena to unlock the final board, then you have to win on all of them again inside of the arena. You also have to play each board until you land on the bonus command tile that happens to have the board exclusive command. Then you also have to hope that you run into Pete during one of those games, and you unlock the Pete D-Link. I have a feeling that it's going to keep a lot of people from not getting the plat.

Yeah, you have to do all of the minigames with all three characters to complete the reports with each one, nothing transfers between them.

It's especially annoying because of the command boards. Since you have to win on each board outside of the arena to unlock the final board, then you have to win on all of them again inside of the arena. You also have to play each board until you land on the bonus command tile that happens to have the board exclusive command. Then you also have to hope that you run into Pete during one of those games, and you unlock the Pete D-Link. I have a feeling that it's going to keep a lot of people from not getting the plat.

Well hopefully that means the plat stays ultra rare dood! *evil laugh*

• Like 1

Don't forget you also have to land on the special tiles to unlock the character profiles for the pooh characters on the hundred acre board.

Don't forget you also have to land on the special tiles to unlock the character profiles for the pooh characters on the hundred acre board.

Ugh, I totally forgot about that. I don't know why they made a board game such a huge part of an action RPG -_-

Ugh, I totally forgot about that. I don't know why they made a board game such a huge part of an action RPG -_-

Oh it's not a huge part of the game, you don't even have to touch it if you don't want to, it's just a fun little side game. Also it helps by giving you access to some really powerfull commands earlier in the game, it helps a lot on Critical difficulty.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

I am not worried about playing the songs over again, as you only need a "cool" rating to unlock Hand In Hand. I actually got a "fantastic" rating on my third try on Master. The only song that bites me is Destiny Islands Master, but knowing I do not have to get a "fantastic" rating, but just a "cool" rating, is fine by me. Getting a "fantastic" rating is a pain in the rear....getting a "cool" or "good" is simple. I can get a "fantastic" for the Frozen Command style, or at least I tell myself that.  xD