Did trophies make you stay with Sony?.

MKyron

Well, yes AND no.

I love the type of games Sony puts out on their systems in comparison to others, but trophies are pretty much dictating what I play all the way through now.

I'm doing my best to change that, but it's really starting to affect the way I play games, so much that I may drop Sony in the future (don't want to waste time/money on games I despise just for a Platinum that looks real pretty).

Of course, if Sony lets players delete trophies, they will have me for life.

Edited by DaiGuardHeroes

No, i bought a PS1, PS2, PS3 and a Vita just because i love the games that are on them so much! Trophies were never a deciding factor, the games are just too good to be ignored. Xbox never had anything as good as Playstation. Also, i was a PC Gamer at first but switched over to console and i don't regret it.

Edited by Jetstream Sam

• 9 years later...

Yes, they are unique, giving you platinums for completing all the trophies in the game and trophy levels to rank up, Xbox doesn't give you anything besides gamerscore so nothing special and Switch doesn't allow achievements at all, so Playstation is the MVP if you need a good challenge or entertainment if you're bored.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 1