Did trophies make you stay with Sony?.

MKyron

I'm here for the games, not trophies. I have an xbox profile with close to 200 completions and over 200k gamerscore. That didn't make me stay with Xbox...

Like someone else posted earlier, I owned all consoles last gen and probably will this gen. A PC is nice, you can play all the multiplatform games and most if not all MS "exclusives" on it. But most of PS3 exclusives are just that, you can't play them on PC. It will probably stay the same this gen with PS4 exclusives.

Edited by LouTheDroog

I've been a Sony fan for almost their entire lifespan.

I'm 23 and my first console was the Playstation when it came out in Belgium.

I remember a lot of people (friends of my family and family) expressing what a strange but amazing box it was.

Later on I got a PS2 from my brother.

A PS3 I bought myself.

A PSP I bought in Singapore (worst decision ever)

A PS3 Super Slim after the first one got the yellow light of death 

And now since two weeks: a PS4.

Sony is in my blood, there has to happen a lot before I change.

I've also got an xbox 360 and I can honestly say, I'm staying with Sony cause it's way better.

The number one reason I bought a PS4 after having a PS3 - actually 2 PS3s - and a PS Vita is because I LOVE Sony and PlayStation!  As I like to say, "I bleed blue!" haha However, part of that love is I love trophies.  I think Sony's trophy accomplishment system stands heads and shoulders above M$'s achievement accomplishment system and, of course, going hand-in-hand with all of that is that I wouldn't want to walk away from all the platinums I've earned.  I'd say, for me, trophies, in and of themselves, were more of a secondary reason to stick with PS4.  I was getting a PS4 regardless.

Playstation is my drug <3
Playstation is my love <3

We are both 20 years old <3

Best exclusives <3

I don't like Xbox 360's controler '-'
Best community <3

More fun <3
Better Ideas <3
Better Service <3  / Better Prices

Trophies <3

My first console was PS1  <3

Playstation is for the Players <3

Playstation is Life <3

That....was beautiful. :) I couldn't have said it better.

Kinda, yeah.

I think i'd have gotten a PS4 either way, i feel it's the console most for to my gaming needs or it's at least building up to be that. However, my stupid trophy obsession is what's currently keeping me from getting a 3DS, or even Wii U.

I know it's really stupid, but i just feel like games without trophies don't have as much value as those that do have them. Want to do something about that attitude in the future, it's lieterally the worst thing about trophy hunting to me.

I suffer with that too.  I think more than a few people do.

• Like 1

The last non PlayStation console I purchased was a 3DS, and that was early on when I had maybe 10 platinum trophies. I don't see myself getting other systems any time soon, but it might just be because of the time I've spent collecting trophies. Most of my favourite games are exclusive to PlayStation, so I wouldn't exclude PlayStation out of my life even if there weren't trophies.

I do enjoy collecting the trophies, but I wouldn't stay with Playstation just for the trophies if there was something better. I've always preferred Playstation for gaming, the PS1 and PSP gave me hours of entertainment when I was younger. I made the mistake of following my friends to the Xbox, until I had my second 360 die, then I came back to Playstation and stuck with them. I've had many Xbox's, never had to replace a Playstation console though - apart from a Vita but that was a user error involving gravity and tiled flooring...

Edited by sixones

No, if i thought xbox or pc could deliver a better experience, i would switch. I believe PS has the better hardware long term (though i'm no expert ;)), and i have always enjoyed my PS consoles in the past. No need to change a winning team.

And the comfort of having one system installed to your big screen in front of your couch, with no ulterior upgrades required, the pc just can't beat that.

So that's why i stick with my playstation...

Until this generation I always used to have a Nintendo and Playstation console but... I'm just not excited by Smash and Kart this time like I've been in the past.  Since my favorite genre is JRPGs and because I like trophies going for a PS4 was a no brainer.  I certainly play my Vita more than my 3DS. 

The new Zelda could change that but... I don't know.  My backlog is already so large.  As long as Sony continues to be the console for RPGs I will continue to support it.

• Like 1

Im too lazy and poor to afford a new selfbuilded pc or upgradeparts... :o

My laptop is so old, I'm even using a usb-keyboard and a usb-dvddrive. :D

I need a new one soon, but when Im honest, I would just need it for Blizzard-games, SimCity and ... yes, SimCity. (meanwhile I can play NOTHING on it...  not even LoL! xD)

Previously I was on XBox360, greatest mistake in my life, just because Forza and Fable.

Since 14 months I have a PS3SS and since 2 month a Vita.

Cant complain. Guess I like Sony more.

Also the trophysystem is better imo than the GS-system. (just the time to sync up manually is meh.)

Also, Sony has a quasi-monopoly on JRPGs.

And the most important thing ... they have NEPTUNE!

... If she would be real, I would cuddle her the whole day... like Vert does NepJr.

<3  :wub:

As long as Sony continues to be the console for RPGs I will continue to support it.

Exactly this.  Trophies don't justify why I play exclusively on Sony's consoles, but its library does.  PlayStation gives me the exclusives I want, and is the centre of my three favourite genres (RPGs, rhythm games and Visual Novels) so going to another console wouldn't suit my preferences at all.

And aside from that, my grandparents and parents have always been pretty dedicated Sony buyers when it comes to TVs and other electronics, so I guess it's also somewhat instinctive to gravitate towards their products.

Oh, and there's no goddamn region-lock.  :awesome:

• Like 2