Did trophies make you stay with Sony?.

MKyron

Hey guys ;)

I have a PS3, and I read articles about PC are better,lifetime etc.. The thing is I'll buy a PS4 when I switch to next generation. Why? Trophies!

This is crazy. Virtual achievements made me stay with consoles instead of buying a gamer PC that I've always wanted.l, or any other kind of next gen console. I just don't want to lose my progress towards trophies. Furthermore what I like about trophies is that it's all synchronized with Sony, and not game developers on PC: Steam here, Origin there...

What do you think of it? Did trophies make you buy PS4, without any doubt, against other next gen equipments?

Not really. I mean my "main" platform is still sony because i've always been with sony.I started my gaming career with the ps1 & ps2 and now i never really had the need to switch over to xbox or pc. That being said, i game frequently on PC and i've owned an xbox and various nintendo consoles in the past. But i'll always come back to playstation <3

So to answer your question; No, trophies did not make me buy a ps4 or ps3 or a vita.

Edited by xZoneHunter

I always get every system, every generation.

So, trophies aren't the reason I'll eventually get a PS4. I'll only be going for achievements/trophies on it, but I'm not going to limit myself to a single platform just for trophies. Just seems silly to pass up on games I would enjoy.

Um... actually... it's one reason why I reject the possibility of buying a 3DS =D

But I started with PS and will stick to it 'till they keep releasing JRPGs for it.

Uh, Steam has achievements.

Which is what he explains here.

Furthermore what I like about trophies is that it's all synchronized with Sony, and not game developers on PC: Steam here, Origin there...

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I didn't even know trophies were a thing when I got my PS3 back in 2011 or whatever year it was, had PS2 and I enjoyed PlayStation consoles.

Even though I never bought a PlayStation system because of trophies I would be devastated if they left because I mainly play for trophies a lot of the time.

I don't really care about achievements on other consoles either, I play Nintendo consoles because they are fun and Microsoft consoles because they can provide a different experience sometimes (I rarely play Microsoft anyway)

I would play PC more but like McJacs2 previously said the keyboard and Mouse combo isn't that great a feel for me.

Having goals and an overall progress tracker is a huge part of why I enjoy games now, and I just don't get that feeling from Steam's achievements. I don't know what it is about them, but they're just not the same as trophies or even Xbox achievements.

Sometimes I wish I didn't care about trophies so much. Knowing that I'm missing out on all the free games PC gaming offers is quite painful :(

Nope.

MGS4 made me stay with sony when the Ps3 came out.

Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Xrd and Bloodborne are what make me want to stick with sony this gen as well. But I'm seeing a lot less exclusives this gen, compared to the last; which is a good thing. Most great games that are coming out are multi-plats. You'd think that would stop the fanboy wars, but no.

As much as i hate to admit it, trophies were atleast 30% of why im sticking with playstation. Other 70% is the games like uncharted, infamous and LBP. We always had every console back when i was little but when we bought our ps3 in 08' never really saw anything 360 and wii had that we wanted to play so we never bought anything else.

Considering I have 400+ PC games courtesy of Steam, Origin, uPlay and god knows what else... I have to say no, trophies have not been a factor in whether or not I stick with Sony. xD

That being said... the Playstation has, by far, the best and most enjoyable exclusive titles.  I'd say if the Playstation even stands a chance in being my "primary" gaming platform, that's why.  Not trophies.  The exclusives are so good, they've even made me consider abandoning my obscene PC gaming collection and switch to my PS3/4 full time on more than a few occasions.

Kinda, yeah.

I think i'd have gotten a PS4 either way, i feel it's the console most for to my gaming needs or it's at least building up to be that. However, my stupid trophy obsession is what's currently keeping me from getting a 3DS, or even Wii U.

I know it's really stupid, but i just feel like games without trophies don't have as much value as those that do have them. Want to do something about that attitude in the future, it's lieterally the worst thing about trophy hunting to me.

Playstation is my drug <3
Playstation is my love <3

We are both 20 years old <3

Best exclusives <3

I don't like Xbox 360's controler '-'
Best community <3

More fun <3
Better Ideas <3
Better Service <3  / Better Prices

Trophies <3

My first console was PS1  <3

Playstation is for the Players <3

Playstation is Life <3

• Like 1

Once upon a time I played Nintendo and Nintendo 64. I also had a Nintendo SP (No, not DS. The lame older brother, SP). Mostly because I inherited them from my brother. We had a PS and PS2 too, but I'd always get 'that screen' because the disks were all scratched up, so I never enjoyed it much. I went back to the 64, until I got sick of that and we took it out of my room. Then, I got an Xbox (not 360, just Xbox), which is where I played my first RPG (Jedi). I never could get use to the main screen and bulky controller for it, but loved it just the same. Meanwhile, my parents bought a PlayStation for downstairs. Why not Xbox 360? I have no idea. But, after a while I bought my own PS3, since I already had the games for it. I love the trophies, but I mostly play for the simple main screen and less bulky controller the Xbox. And the Wii doesn't even cross my mind, since it's mostly casual games. (I would love to play Link and such, but it feels kidish to me) I just bought a Vita and I'll probably buy a PS4 in the future because I just love the system and the layout.