Revolutionary trophy potentially glitched

Gadrak

• 4 weeks later...

This glitched for me and I had to play the entire game again. I did every Guerrilla action as it came up and checked them off a spreadsheet list I made myself on Excel, because that was the only way I'd truly know what was left. 

The radio missions were the source of my frustration, because they kept signalling in ones I'd already done after game completion (I think this is the glitch). 

So I suggest making yourself a list of Guerrilla Actions and tick them off as you go, making separate sections for Parker, Dust, Badlands, Oasis, Eos and the Free Fire Zone.

Good luck, it is possible :) 

• 7 years later...
On 28/1/2015 at 1:13 PM, DooM_Sarge said:

You need to do all the Guerrilla actions.  Once those are complete, take out a few of the convoys.  The convoys will continue to spawn well after the trophy popping.  People say the trophy is glitched, but I am confident about the convoys being the solution.

7 years later... I decided to give a chance to this game since i already did all the multiplayer part, thanks god, i was only missing the single player campaign trophies. Like the guy who created this post, i find myself in same situation i finished the campaign and im at 103/104 guerrilla actions completed, i think i completed twice every single convoy available in this game but still the trophy won't pop up for me, im beginning to feel worry about it and don't wan't to start from scratch this game again. Any suggestions?? 

Unless you want to put a lot of time and effort in this Platinum, i highly recommend you to avoid this game at all costs as there's a high chance for the trophy of completing the 104 guerrilla missions to get glitched and will be a total waste of time meaning you will have to start the whole campaign from scratch and redo every single side missions and story missions to count for the 104 that requires this trophy. It glitched for me like many people before at 103/104, i dedicated many hours after beating the story trying to find the missing radio mission but still have no luck, only i get again and again are the convoy missions i don't know really how many they are but i have must completed them all twice, would be nice to hear from your own previous experiences with this trophy a way out cause is very frustrating and tiring and im about to quit for the platinum of this game, it's a pitty, is the only trophy that prevents me from getting the platinum, any help will be very much appreciated ?, thanks and have a nice day everyone 

Just chimming in. I thought I had the same glitch, but I was just missing a defense mission of a particular outpost. After that it popped as intended. Only thing I remember about it is that it was in the grassy region of the game near the north.

• Like 2

I did this trophy nearly 10 years ago on the PS3 and had zero issues with it, because I followed a Guide and made sure not to move on from an area until all the relevant activities had been taken care of, then all I had to do was wait for the final radio mission to show up after completing the story. Both the Guides here and on .org, show exactly how to get this trophy and what to look out for to prevent glitches :).

• Like 1

Agree with both the above. Some are easy to miss, but so long as you keep good track there will be no problems. For a few of the missions there are specfic areas of the map to stand in so that they will appear, if you have an idea which you are missing then you can search around and hopefully find a tip about where to stand. Personally my final was a specific convoy and I had go stand in a specific spot on opposite side of map to get it to spawn and then race over to it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I did this trophy nearly 10 years ago on the PS3 and had zero issues with it, because I followed a Guide and made sure not to move on from an area until all the relevant activities had been taken care of, then all I had to do was wait for the final radio mission to show up after completing the story. Both the Guides here and on .org, show exactly how to get this trophy and what to look out for to prevent glitches :).

Then i must have done something wrong or missed out something on the guide, im using both guides, also the steam guide of this game, i regret not taking note of every guerrilla mission while i completed them on each sector, when i finished the final story mission, if i remember well i have 94/104 missions completed and i was missing the last 2 transporter missions on Mount Voguel, another one was unlocked somewhere on the map, (i think was a House Arrest or similar), and the 6 new radio missions once i have completed the story, i did Jenkins interceptor mission which is the last one of this type, so im sure isn't a Interception radio mission that im missing. EDF Assault mission's i think i did them all, the convoy are the ones that confuses me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, REPG_16_netsulli said:

Then i must have done something wrong or missed out something on the guide, im using both guides, also the steam guide of this game, i regret not taking note of every guerrilla mission while i completed them on each sector, when i finished the final story mission, if i remember well i have 94/104 missions completed and i was missing the last 2 transporter missions on Mount Voguel, another one was unlocked somewhere on the map, (i think was a House Arrest or similar), and the 6 new radio missions once i have completed the story, i did Jenkins interceptor mission which is the last one of this type, so im sure isn't a Interception radio mission that im missing. EDF Assault mission's i think i did them all, the convoy are the ones that confuses me.

I can confirm through my experience that other not-yet-completed Interception missions will still initiate even after you've completed the Jenkins Interception mission. Side note: you can even replay all of the Collateral Damage side missions after you've supposedly killed Jenkins in his Interception mission.

The one you're missing is likely one of the Interception missions in Oasis Sector (Interception #5 in my Trophy Guide). Normally the game will initiate Interception Missions as a priority instead of nearby Convoy missions, but for this one the nearby Convoy missions take priority instead. A lot of people have reported issues with this mission, and I had issues myself.

The best place to wait to maximise your chances of Interception #5 initiating is on the main road south of this mission's location, just inside the Oasis side of the border. You may have to wait for a Convoy mission to initiate and timeout before this Interception mission initiates as the game won't active two different types of Radio-based missions simultaneously.

Edited by Jozxyqk_27
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well guys, i decided to take some rest from this game and now im back i will tell you my personal experience with it. I abandoned all hope with the old save file where the revolutionary trophy aparrently glitched on me and started a new campaign and did again all Guerrilla Actions. This time i saved several times for precaution and took note of every guerrilla action i completed and checked on the game menu trophies if they counted. Once i finished the final campaign mission, EDF assaults missions that i have already done began to activate instead of convoys or interceptions, so i exit the game and load a previous saved game. The convoys i needed started to show up and at last i was missing only the final intereception mission which is the Jenkin's one. For some weird reason only this game knows, i couldn't activate it, so i stayed around the zone where the event was supposed to start but all i got was the same convoy mission, i completed it like three times and after losing my alert level and going around finally the interception mission activated. I left for the end the two transporter missions on Mount Vogel and when i did them the trophy and the platinum popped up. I ended hating this game LOL.

One thing to mention, the trophy guides i used were ok but for the location of convoys and other radio based missions weren't very accurate and i had a lot of trouble trying to find the 6 missing radio missions that unlocks after completing the story, because i found myself more than once trying to activate them on the exact ubication of the event the guides says and nothing happened and when i was far away from the place the event was supposed to initiate, magically the missions were triggered, but thats my personal opinion and my own experience.

Many thanks to all the people who wrote and gave their opinion on this matter.

Were you hanging around the exact starting point for each Convoy mission? If so, that might have been the issue. The Convoy missions won't initiate if you're too close to where the vehicles start from - you have to be a decent distance away. I'll add a note to my guide emphasizing that. 

Glad you were able to get the plat finally.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 10:45 PM, Jozxyqk_27 said:

Were you hanging around the exact starting point for each Convoy mission? If so, that might have been the issue. The Convoy missions won't initiate if you're too close to where the vehicles start from - you have to be a decent distance away. I'll add a note to my guide emphasizing that. 

Glad you were able to get the plat finally.

Me too man, was a real pain in the ass that Revolutionary trophy for me. I really doubt to get the ps4 remastered version of this game because of this glitched trophy in the original game. Good thing at least they simplified some of the online trophy requirements, there was no need of including them in the remaster.

• 5 months later...

This trophy isn’t glitched, it’s just very poorly executed. You can trigger most specific guerrilla actions by just standing in specific spots around the map, the problem is those specific spots have very little information regarding them since the game is ancient and wasn’t big even when it came out. And even if you stand in those favourable spots sometimes the game will give you repeat missions.

You spent hours & hours driving around the map but you keep getting the same completed missions right?? That’s because you keep re-triggering the same spawns over & over. You can drive around for 1,000 hours and never complete the missing actions if you don’t know where to be. That’s why I’m saying it’s a terribly designed trophy.

The smartest thing you can do is track each mission individually as you enter each new zone & write them down accordingly at least that way you can narrow down areas if you can’t find the very specific spot information. I’ve never seen proof of this actually being bugged, just people not being able to find the last one they need. Maybe before the patch 1.01 way back in 2009.

That’s for anyone reading this in the future, it’s not bugged, you made a mistake somewhere. There’s 27 radio missions. Track. Them.

Edited by Onivicious

• 10 months later...

The Oasis and EOS convoy missions after story just won’t spawn for me, instead it keep spawning the EDF Assault, this is my second playthrough. My first playthrough was missing one guerrilla action which im aware of completing all of them and I even redo all the convoy missions again, and it is strange that in my first playthrough the EDF Assault never spawn for me, and it spawn convoy all the time. Is there any relation or clue that how this happened? Because I want to stop spawning EDF Assault so I can focus on the remaining convoys.

1 hour ago, Kjhohz said:

The Oasis and EOS convoy missions after story just won’t spawn for me, instead it keep spawning the EDF Assault, this is my second playthrough. My first playthrough was missing one guerrilla action which im aware of completing all of them and I even redo all the convoy missions again, and it is strange that in my first playthrough the EDF Assault never spawn for me, and it spawn convoy all the time. Is there any relation or clue that how this happened? Because I want to stop spawning EDF Assault so I can focus on the remaining convoys.

Read the post I made just above you. You're not hitting the specific trigger. This trophy ***IS NOT GLITCHED** For example there's an assault in EOS just outside the Guerilla HQ that only triggers if you're standing in like a specific 4-by-4 patch of land behind, a tiny wall, just at the foot of base. Completely brain-dead and unintuitive.

You keep getting the same stuff because you keep hitting the same triggers, they spawn off proximity. And unfortunately some of them are very very specific.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 5:14 PM, Kjhohz said:

Yeah I have read all yours and others post about the specific locations again and they really worked, got my trophy after I posted my message here, thanks again!

That's all its ever been, the trophy was originally glitched way back in 2009 but was shortly fixed a few weeks after release.

Any mention of glitching past that point is purely people's mistakes and the trophy itself/the guerilla actions being very poorly designed.

If you stand in specific spots you CAN and WILL cause each and every action to spawn accordingly. For anyone reading this in the future when they inevitably run into the same issue.