"Faith Is Weakness" Glitched

Little_FX_Radio

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I have beaten the game twice now, once on NG and the second time on NG+ and I have placed the Rune of Adyr into the weapon that I also use to kill him. Both times the killing blow occurred with this weapon but the the trophy hasn't popped.

Short of completely deleting all my save data (This is my last trophy to get so it wouldn't be an issue), does anyone have any suggestions on what's going on here? Is it just one of the many bugs in the game, or am I missing something obvious here. I've even tried switching to a weapon without fire or magic damage just in case it was that which was causing the issue.

Even stranger still, I get the Outro that starts with it saying I placed the rune into my weapon and killed the boss. I honestly have no idea.

I can't wait to be done with this game.

I can confirm. On my first (only) playthrough I put the rune in my weapon and got the "God Is Dead" trophy instead of "Faith Is Weakness". I also got the outro screen mentioning putting the rune in a weapon.

The only things I can think of that might have factored are: I initially put the rune into a weapon and later moved it to a different one (Unity then Itch), and I was using poison/fire, but it sounds like you already tried removing that variable as well.

I'll update if I manage to get it on this playthrough with any specifics I may have.

Just for anyone else that might run into this issue. This is probably not what you want to hear, but it's the best I can do.

After getting every trophy except for this one, I uploaded my saves to the cloud, deleted from my HDD and deleted the game off of my Ps4. I then proceeded to reinstall the game and redownload that rediculous 5GB patch. Long story short after that, left my saves up in the cloud and then speed ran the game. Took me 3-4 hours today to get from start to end credits. Thankfully the trophy popped this time, having not changed anything. Same armour, same weapon, same rune placement.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I encountered this issue also, just upload your save files to the ps plus cloud and unnistall  the game, then install again but don´t download the patch, just simply iniciate the game without it, then download your save files from the cloud and beat judge with your rune weapon, then finally the trophy will pop! Cheers

• 3 months later...

This is a glitch that occurs often.  

The Trend seems to be Dual-Wielded weapons.  For some reason the game still counts it as a weapon, but the trophy list gets confused and counts it as a shield.  Just place the rune on a different weapon and switch to it when the boss is low on HP.  I dual-wielded shortswords with poison for most of the fight then finished him off with Unity.  Would have been a pushover thanks to Fire Resistance shards, but Polish QA Testing is apparently non-existent, and this boss fight suffers of much lag and bugged hitbox mechanics.  

Anyone having trouble with this, make sure you do not use dual-wielded weapons with the Adyr rune (equip a flawless poison rune instead, and place the Adyr rune on a good staff instead and equip it for the finishing blows), and back-up your save before fighting the boss.  The runesmith dialogue doesn't matter, all that matters is where the rune is slotted.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I experienced this:

NG: 

# Gave the rune to the blacksmith- no problems. Trophies as expected.

NG+:

#put rune in my weapon (duel wield fists) - got wrong trophy (got God is Dead instead of Faith is Weakness)

NG++:

#Tried putting rune in fists again - no trophy.

#Tried putting rune in armour - no trophy.

#Tried putting rune in different weapon than previously (also duel wield, daggers this time) - no trophy

#Tried putting in single handed weapon, but used different weapon until close to final blow, then final blow with rune weapon - no trophy.

#Finally tried using single-handed rune weapon for entire fight. Every blow. No use of magic, no gauntlet, just the single-handed rune weapon, equiped in one hand only. Trophy!

(Note: I never deleted game or data, I just used cloud to restore save right before final fight. This was digital version, so no patch-related shenanigans either.)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am having this same trophy glitch and I've been wondering just what the hell is going on. Glad I found this thread. I had the Rune in my Skull Scraper daggers. I suppose this time I'll pop it in a staff and see how things go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, I'm just about up to this part. I'll try the gauntlet method and report back on if it works first time.

Yep gauntlet works. I only used the gauntlet to do any damage to him (glitched him with the Prayer trick). Took a while to whittle him down but the trophy popped A-OK

Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/2/2020 at 0:58 AM, Miles-MHunter said:

To everyone struggling - gauntlets works 100%/ And you don't have to use it, i dual wielded my polesword the whole fight

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!! I'll give it a try tonight. I've always failed because I try to switch to the stupid gauntlet then he runs off and heals. It's become SO frustrating. My biggest mistake was trying to do this ending on NG+. Should have done it on my first playthrough.