Super Street Fighter 4 Trials Advice/Help

Dark_Tooth69

9 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Ok guys, yet another double post but it doesn't deserve its own thread and it needs to be said. I've finally cleared all of C. Viper's trials completing all trials in this game earning me the three most difficult trophies in it. And I never EVER would have gotten there without the amazing feedback and support I've received from you guys here. Honestly you guys are a fantastic, helpful and patient community. From the bottom of my heart thank you for everything you've done to get me that far. I'm so glad this horror is finally over. Just a little bit more grinding and I should be getting the platinum.^^

Congratulations, bro. ?

• Like 1

On 1-10-2021 at 2:49 PM, Ivotas said:

Ok guys, yet another double post but it doesn't deserve its own thread and it needs to be said. I've finally cleared all of C. Viper's trials completing all trials in this game earning me the three most difficult trophies in it. And I never EVER would have gotten there without the amazing feedback and support I've received from you guys here. Honestly you guys are a fantastic, helpful and patient community. From the bottom of my heart thank you for everything you've done to get me that far. I'm so glad this horror is finally over. Just a little bit more grinding and I should be getting the platinum.^^

Well done man! Sorry I haven't checked back in for a bit, good to see you managed to complete it!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

finally only need 4 combos to trophy

viper 22 and 24

ibuki 24

el fuerte 24

the more easy xD.

is possible to do the pause trick with viper 22 and the fuerte24?

A friend cans show me a video to do ibuki 24 with pause trick

I look extreme do with No pause trick viper 22....

@Ivotas can yo help me with any advice?

Edited by MANU1950
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

viper 22 and 24

ibuki 24

el fuerte 24

the more easy xD.

I did a video trying to explain how to do Ibuki 24. Take a look.

On 2.10.2021 at 7:15 AM, taciovinicius said:

Congratulations, bro. ?

On 9.10.2021 at 6:30 AM, Ric said:

Well done man! Sorry I haven't checked back in for a bit, good to see you managed to complete it!

Congratulations!

Thanks for the congrats guys. Sorry for being late but I haven't been in the forums after getting the trophies respectively after getting the plat. You guys were a big help.

22 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

viper 22 and 24

ibuki 24

el fuerte 24

the more easy xD.

Funny thing is that I really don't remember that well about Ibuki 24 anymore even though it was a couple of weeks ago. But iirc I had to do it with the pause trick in the end after failing to get the timing on the first kicks and punches right. What I definitely recommend however is to do C. Viper 24 legit. It takes a lot of retries but you will get into the flow. #22 however I might have done with the pause trick but that wasn't nearly as bad as Ibuki 24. I hope that helps at all.

And definitely follow the suggestion in taciovinicious' video. It actually helped me identify on what I was doing wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

viper is same??

wow i no have idea thath combination is work i wil try tomorrow

Yes, Viper's trial works in the same way.

The commands should be like this:

1 - Jump HK

2 - LK

3 - small delay (if you do the next button too fast you won't be able to do nothing after LP).

4 - ↓↘→ LP (it should result in a LP)

5 - ↓↘→↗ ↑PPP (if done right you will cancel  the LP into a high jump and cancel the high jump into ultra before viper leaves the ground ).

I suggest training steps 4 and 5 alone, and then go for the full combo once you make it work 2 or 3 times. 

1 hour ago, MANU1950 said:

is not more effective if you add a crounch low punch in viper 22??

After the stand low punch

@taciovinicius

I personally don't like it.

I saw some people adding a crouch light punch or a crouching medium punch before the ultra. Maybe I it should help them because them try to do entire ultra motion after the last attack. But it has to be done very fast. 

The way I said (↓2198.png→ LP, ↓2198.png2197.png ↑PPP) looks like less stressful for me compared with  ↓LP  or ↓MP,  ↓2198.png→↓2198.png2197.png PPP.

Edited by taciovinicius

4 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Is me trying tacio combitanatiin with pause trick

Sorry, but I don't know how the pause trick works. I always did this trial doing the full motion without pausing, but @Ivotas said that he was able to pull this out using the pause.
I'll try to understand how this pause trick works and then try to give you another tip.
If do I make a video like this showing my hands in the pad, it would help you?
If you show me an image from the input directions that are showing in the training mode, I might point out what you are doing wrong. You have to try make a way to make your inputs comes out as close as possible from the image in the thumbnail of my video.

Is not possible because when pause in training the memory of the practice is delete... I want to cry...

I just realized that. The training mode command log will only be valuable if you try to do the trial without the pause trick.

But now I understand the pause trick.

According my testing, the pause trick gives you a good precision, but it makes your inputs a bit slower than it could be done in normal way. This extra time is making the game don't recognized the super jump in the solution I gave to you (↓...). So the way you thought using the pause trick is not gonna work.

But, I found an alternate way that makes the pause trick helps at last a bit. I suppose that is the way Ivotas used to complete the trial.

1 - Look the video again between 00:04 and 00:06. Try to repeat that first. You will do my solution but WITHOUT pressing any button in the ending and without pausing the game.

In other words:

-Step 1: LK

-Step 2: ↓ + MK

-Step 3: ↓ (DON'T PRESS NOTHING)

If Ibuki jumps straight up or forward, right way after MK you probably are doing it right. If she is not jumping you should check your inputs.

2 - Once you see that is working, include a 4rd step, which is the pause trick.

-Step 4: mash pause right after finishing Step 3.

3 - Now without pressing any command, keep pausing and unpausing the game until you get the first frame where Ibuki starts crouching (look the picture in the link bellow). If she is fully crouched or almost jumping, you are late.

4 - If you successfully pause in the right frame and did steps 2 and 3 right, hold KKK and mash pause again. The ultra should come out.

Try and see if it works for you.

Taget Frame for the pause:

ULTRA-STREET-FIGHTER-IV-20211019193628.j

Edited by taciovinicius
  • Like 1

That is the same problem he was having.

If you try to do without the pause trick what happen? Do you also get the anti air? If so, try to delay the button press (KKK) for the ultra after the direction 2197.png or ↑. If she jumps, you delayed too much. If you get the anti air, you probably pressed the button too early.

Now, with the pause trick my only clue is that frame I mentioned in the previous post. I also got the anti air instead of ultra sometimes,  even pausing the game in the right frame.

5 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Is don't work do me all the same the antiair.(kazegiri ex).

@Ivotas help :(

Forget my tips about the pause trick, I tried to do it again to do a video showing my hands and I barely was able to do it again (I only did 3 times in 1 hour). It only worked when I do a precise pause in the frame I just pointed, and it never worked when I mashed pause. And even with the precise pause, in the precise frame, I still get the anti-air most of time.
In my opinion this combo is much harder to do with the pause trick than without it. I suggest trying in the normal way.
I only was able to record my hands doing it the normal way, take a look to see if it helps. (I put my KKK button in the triangle for a better visualization). 

PS.: Doing a very small delay in the 2198.png + MK also help me do it more easily, but I can't explain why.

Edited by taciovinicius

On 20.10.2021 at 1:15 AM, taciovinicius said:

Sorry, but I don't know how the pause trick works. I always did this trial doing the full motion without pausing, but @Ivotas said that he was able to pull this out using the pause.
I'll try to understand how this pause trick works and then try to give you another tip.
If do I make a video like this showing my hands in the pad, it would help you?
If you show me an image from the input directions that are showing in the training mode, I might point out what you are doing wrong. You have to try make a way to make your inputs comes out as close as possible from the image in the thumbnail of my video.

The pause trick works pretty much like this. Let's use Bison's Psycho Crusher as an example. It's back, forward and a punch button. Basically you pause the game and then while in pause you hold the back button. Then you very quickly unpause and pause again while keep back pressed through it. Then when you are in pause again you press forward and a punsh button. Unpause again keeping forward and punch button held down. Bison should now perform the Psycho Crusher.

This trick works with every character but the more difficult ones have a short window thanks to the one frame link. Iirc for Ibuki the problem was to identify on which frame exactly to pause the game to input the next move. That will take a bit of trial and error. 

I hope that helps you to understand how it works in hope to provide another tip. I'm not as good in this game as you guys but having finally gotten the plat in this I definitely want to contribute as little as it is so that MANU can also clear all trials. 

• Like 1

Tell me the method you use in ibuki there are many forms to do. But where is the combination use with pause trick for this combo.

A friend do down and up first and the rest of combination. But require very extreme precision. I try with tacio advice and only one can in a lot of.

Maybe you use a frame exactly or a combination before or after to do more better this combo

Edited by MANU1950

On 22.10.2021 at 11:26 AM, MANU1950 said:

Tell me the method you use in ibuki there are many forms to do. But where is the combination use with pause trick for this combo.

A friend do down and up first and the rest of combination. But require very extreme precision. I try with tacio advice and only one can in a lot of.

Maybe you use a frame exactly or a combination before or after to do more better this combo

My memory is a bit iffy but I'm quite sure that this is the one where I switched over to the pause trick as the kick, punch, kick, kick combo in the beginning worked only on a specific frame. No idea what frame that was though. But if that's the one I'm talking about then I did it completely with the pause trick.

Finally can... After one week...

Thanks for ivotas and tacios next character is viper I am terrified!!

Woohoo, congrats mate. I totally feel you. Don't worry, Viper is actually easier once you get her rhythm going. I mean yes, it's a super hard combo but I managed to do 23 and 24 without the pause trick iirc. 22 I think I did with the pause trick. And it was much easier than Ibuki 24. That one was cancer. Good luck mate. You're nearly there.