Easy Last Boss Glitch

MMDE

Source: *SPOILERS* Jak II Final Boss Glitch *SPOILERS* - Jak II - Neoseeker Forums

The poster never explained properly how to do it, but eventually I figured it out. Sure you can do this boss without a glitch, but if you are having a hard time, then this glitch is awesome and renders the boss extremely easy.

What you have to do:
  1. Grind 200 yellow bullets, so you have full ammo (smash the boxes and collect the ammo, then die to make the boxes respawn).
  2. From where you spawn after dying, turn around and you will see where you came from. In the left corner there should be some small ledges. Place yourself as high as you can a bit to the left of these ledges.
  3. Hold L1 for a second, and then jump for a high jump. While in air press circle for a spin attack while trying to aim for the lowest ledge. You might need to try a couple of times, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy.
  4. When on top of the lowest ledge, jump up to the highest.
  5. From the top you can shoot down on the boss, and just walk backwards whenever you see it trying to shoot on you to avoid it's attack. You won't be bothered by the scorpions at all. Those few flying enemies will still be able to attack you, but they should be easy match for you by now especially with nothing else attacking you at the same time. The last part of the boss shouldn't be a problem either, because you are still at the top of the ledge.

Thanks to JFryes for making a youtube video of it:
  • Like 3

I do not think this is needed for the ps2 version or the HD Remaster on the Ps3, however the Vita version of the Precursor Legacy gave me more trouble than I expected due to Frame-Rate and the fact that playing on a handheld is way more difficult than playing with a controller, at least IMO, so I'll take the glitch, just in case...  :awesome:

Why? This is so known, that's how I beat it no probs 2 years ago and recently too..

Go back to where you got to know about it from, see who posted about it... :P Yeah, that's right, that was me. Just thought I'd post it on this site too. :)

I do not think this is needed for the ps2 version or the HD Remaster on the Ps3, however the Vita version of the Precursor Legacy gave me more trouble than I expected due to Frame-Rate and the fact that playing on a handheld is way more difficult than playing with a controller, at least IMO, so I'll take the glitch, just in case...  :awesome:

It is a rather painful boss, because if you want to have a good chance at it, you gotta first grind it for bullets, then you get one chance and gotta grind it for bullets again. It's also IMO by far the hardest part of the game.

• Like 1

It is a rather painful boss, because if you want to have a good chance at it, you gotta first grind it for bullets, then you get one chance and gotta grind it for bullets again. It's also IMO by far the hardest part of the game.

I always roll-jump around using the scattergun for the scorpions and the yellow gun for the boss and flying enemies. And when the boss walks around I use the Dark Blast power to instantly deplete the last health bar. Took me a few dozen times back on the PS2 and a few tries on the PS3 to beat it.

• 1 year later...