"The Whole Story" Side Quest Trophy Potential Issue

Alyri

Updated 3/11/15

The 1.05 patch released on 3/9/15 should have finally fixed "The Whole Story" trophy completely (again, for NA only I believe). I'm not going to include the patch notes as they are quite lengthy but one of them says something along the lines of "fixed problems with trophies" so it can be assumed other problematic trophies such as collectibles has been fixed as well. According to stichesnscars, completing all side quest should now pop the trophy and if you have all side quests already completed, bringing up the statistics screen for the save should pop the trophy. If you still can't get the trophy to pop, please report the issue in this thread. Hopefully this helps everyone who's still having this trophy issue.

*UPDATE*
I just got the trophy after the 1.05 patch. Although this patch may not autopop "The whole story" they actually made life a lot easier on all of us with some fixes and additions to the stats screen

The stats screen appears to have more reliable data and has fixed the safezone and quarantine "zeroes" however if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the stats screen you can see all of your completed sidequests.. This is how i got the trophy to pop. Even though my original game save had all 51 quests complete the newly added sidequests completed on the stats screen said that I was missing "a survivors guide to zombie-land" as well as "to steal from a thief" after I did those two the trophy popped immediately. Hope it helps.

The patch released on 2/12/15, Ver 1.04, seems to have fixed "The Whole Story" Trophy glitch to a certain extent (for NA only). For some people, the trophy popped upon completion of the last remaining question. For those of you that already have 100% prior to the patch, try starting a new game (not NG+) on a separate save slot and the trophy *should* pop for you after the initial cutscene. If that doesn't pop the trophy try to have 100% everything else done (story, side quests, challenges, text collectibles, other trophies, etc) as that's what I had prior to starting a new game. 

If that still doesn't pop the trophy. Try to run a few quests in NG+ as ggamer15 suggested:

I finally got the trophy and it took me 43 damn side quests in NG+. So if you people have tried everything else just keep doing side quests in NG+ and that should eventually unlock it for you.

2/12/15 Patch Notes (NA)

Version 1.04

• Fixed various crash issues
  • Hunter invasion during a GRE transmission sequence no longer possible
  • Fixed the unlocking of "The Whole Story" trophy

I was wondering if anyone else encountered this issue of having "100% Completion" within the save file but not having this trophy pop. I've pretty much tried everything so far and still no luck. If anyone has any feedback or realized your have an extra quest/challenge that I don't have, please let me know.

What I have tried so far (organized as how the game organizes it).

Side Quests Finished

Mother's Day

Goodnight Mr. Bahir

Lost in Space

Gunslinger

Incense Herbs

Bring Me The Brain of The Usain Bolter

Kidney Punch

Hunting Goon

Witch Queen

Chasing Past

The Launch

The Shadow of The King

Do You Believe?

Troll

Dungeon

Blocks for The Boy

Health Potion

Rupert The Gunsmith

Fan Zone

Radio Station

Office Outpost

Legless Spider

The Bunker

Bandages and Meds

Lighter Gas

Coffee

Electronic Parts

Crayons for The Kids

Cease and Desist

Total Security

The Big Bang Thesis

Steal From a Thief

Gassed Up

Binoculars

Dulse

Hardware

Assault and Batteries

On The Hooks

Firebug

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Where's My Mother?

A Survivor's Guide to Zombieland

Midnight Bride

Poisonous Herbs

Gas Mask Man

A Baby is Born

Tunnel Vision

Spare Glasses

The Prodigal Son

Searchlights

Voltage

Challenges/Quarantine Zones Finished

Bright Mountain Tunnel

Underground Parking

Stuffed Turtle

Sunny Apartments

Chemical Storage

Parking Lot

Striped Dragon Hotel

New Antalya Apartments

Run for Your Life

Posters

Being a Hero

Ultimate Weapon

Psycho

Killing Guide

Jealous Runner

Family Doctor

Dying Lunch

The Best Runner

Other/Collectibles Finished

All 67 text collectibles

All 30 flags

All 100 zombie statues

So of course there are technically still some unfinished "stuff" but I don't know whether or not they count towards completion (I don't think they should since the game tells me I'm at 100% already).

Possible Things I have NOT completed

Maybe have not had every blue "random encounter" where the guy tells you a brief story about background of Harran According to ggamer15, repeat of these events are seen therefore assumed not to be related to trophy.

Finishing all side quests/challenges/other "stuff" on a New Game+ save

Edited by Alyri
  • Like 2

I'm currently in the same situation as you, where I've all the same side missions, challenges, quarantine zones, etc done and have 100% game completion but still don't have the trophy for it. I'm pretty sure the trophy is bugged in some way because it states "All side quests" of which that first list you have is specifically called "Side Quests" in game. I don't think we are supposed to have to get everything else (if we do that's idiotic, those statues are the definition of pointless).

I'm certain the blue random encounters don't count for anything, because I've gotten repeats of people multiple times, even after sitting through the entire conversation they have with you until their minimap arrow disappears.  

Since you do have the text collectibles done though, do you remember where you got Note #35? That is the last one I need and no guides anywhere have it and no amount of googling seems to get me near finding where it's supposed to be. 

Edited by ggamer15

Since you do have the text collectibles done though, do you remember where you got Note #35? That is the last one I need and no guides anywhere have it and no amount of googling seems to get me near finding where it's supposed to be. 

There actually isn't a note #35 since notes only go up to #34. That space you see is actually Marvin Zucker's Battle Journal Entry #0. I *believe* you get that somewhere in the upper floors of The Tower.

Edited by Alyri

There actually isn't a note #35 since notes only go up to #34. That space you see is actually Marvin Zucker's Battle Journal Entry #0. I *believe* you get that somewhere in the upper floors of The Tower.

That would explain it. Buuuut it didn't give me the trophy. :(

People who have the strategy guide for this game say there is a side quest called "algae" located at the post board in the fishing docks and a lot of people have not seen this side quest. So until they patch the game for this side mission this trophy will be unobtainable.

How long does it take to 100% the game?

If no glitches probably something like 40 hours for platinum.

Dear Alyri,

How did you trigger that side quest? Its the only one I'm missing. If you could help that would be awesome. Thanks in avdance.

Cheers.

Harry94 is right, all you have to do is drink the kidney potion from the previous quest. 

People who have the strategy guide for this game say there is a side quest called "algae" located at the post board in the fishing docks and a lot of people have not seen this side quest. So until they patch the game for this side mission this trophy will be unobtainable.

This is somewhat of a typo in my opinion. In the game there's a quest named "Dulse" which has the exactly same request as this quest titled "Algae" from the guide. The NPC that gives/ends the quest is the same as well as the reward amount. The only thing that's different is the location where you collect the underwater plant.

I search I bit and I discover some videos showing a lot of Easter eggs. Some of them requires you to talk to npc other to activate something and they unlock items. These are probably the answer you are searching for.

I link some of the Easter eggs I found:

https://youtu.be/X7V4h3-MjW8

https://youtu.be/uVLYczoeWYw

https://youtu.be/XgGSdfeJ4sQ

I haven't gotten close to accomplishing the collectibles or side quest trophies... But I'll keep an eye out for any potential glitches.. personally everything on my end has been running smooth.. no hiccups at all gameplay wise, mission wise, coop whatever... everything works fine. but I do know trophies not popping isn't abnormal.. it definitely wouldn't be the first game to have glitched trophies..

I did see this posted today on facebook. http://www.ps4trophiesgaming.com/dying-light/dying-light-collectible-guide-notes-battle-journals-voice-recordings-writing-trophy/  It shows the maps and the "Text Collectible" locations.. The ones for the related trophy..

Also there are duping videos on youtube already... Here's one I uploaded just messing around. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkcYswecB8  It's real easy to do.. And definitely a nice way to get some extra cash, thats the only reason I did it.. The guys I did the Co-Op trophies with showed me.

Got a question, have you been playing the game in Coop, as the Host the entire time, any blue screens? etc..

My friends and I did all of the safe houses and Quarantine Zones together but only I got the trophies for those. They go back to their game in single player and everything is already complete, still no trophies. Requiring a 2nd play through on NG+. I think maybe the side quest trophy is similarly bugged where you might only get the trophy if the game recognize you as the host the entire time for every quest you completed. I'm unsure but this is a wild guess based on my other observations.

The Save the Survivors from Zombies/Rais men is also a bit effy, requires only 15 yet it took me 20 or 21 tries till the trophy popped. I think the game has issues every now and then with the trophy triggers.

Got a question, have you been playing the game in Coop, as the Host the entire time, any blue screens? etc..

My friends and I did all of the safe houses and Quarantine Zones together but only I got the trophies for those. They go back to their game in single player and everything is already complete, still no trophies. Requiring a 2nd play through on NG+. I think maybe the side quest trophy is similarly bugged where you might only get the trophy if the game recognize you as the host the entire time for every quest you completed. I'm unsure but this is a wild guess based on my other observations.

The Save the Survivors from Zombies/Rais men is also a bit effy, requires only 15 yet it took me 20 or 21 tries till the trophy popped. I think the game has issues every now and then with the trophy triggers.

I'm not too sure regarding the co-op trophy issue you brought up. However, I think I might have an answer for the saving survivor trophy. I realized for me the game counts each individual saving encounter as one even if you saved two survivors (the game statistics will show 2 however). For me, mine popped on the 17th or 18th survivor saved but I counted exactly 15 encounters.

Nah it's not that. I played the game in single player the entire time and didn't change my game to online at all until I'd already done all the side quests. That could explain why my notes glitched (as well as possibly I had a journal for my last collectible) but I'm 100% side quests are glitched for everyone as people have stated on the Techland forum both the XB1 and Steam versions have the same problem. http://forum.techland.pl/topic/2934-all-side-quests-not-possible/

Anyone here that's using the physical copy and still got a glitched trophy?

If there is, try to delete the game and reinstall it without applying the update and see if the trophies would still be glitched.

Well that worked for GTA V's story mode trophies, at least.

Just doing my last side quest now , but i have had some glitches , like save 15 people from rais's men , iv'e done 20 ....

it took 20 for me to get the zombie one , also ... i'm away to do the collectibles now 

And all Side Quests done with no trophy .......

Backed up my save , going to try without the patch to see if it pops .

Edited by TheVolloxx-

I am missing 2 side quests according to the list of the OP.

How can I unlock these two side quests?

Bring Me The Brain of The Usain Bolter

Kidney Punch

If your also missing Hunting Goon, all you have to do for these quests are drink the potion that Dahlila gives you at the end or craft the potion and drink it. When its effects wear off (30 seconds or so) you can go back to her for the next quest. 

1. Witch Hunt (Drink the potion at the end to continue)

2. Hunting Goons (Drink the Potion)

3. Kidney Punch (Drink the Potion)

4. Bring Me the Brain of The Usain Bolter. 

Edited by MafiaBrett