"The Whole Story" Side Quest Trophy Potential Issue

Alyri

How many sidequests are there totally in the game? 

'The Whole Story' - only sidequests or the Quaratine Zones, Collectibles too? 

Please refer to my first post on this thread. I listed all the sidequest required for the trophy to conditionally pop as it's still semi glitched. Also, feel free to read through everyone else's responses as to how they managed to get the trophy as it varies quite a bit between player to player.

Is it fixed in EU or not yet? I want to play it but the unobtainable plat is scaring me from doing so...

To my knowledge, the patch is not out for EU.

However, when the patch is out, If someone can confirm whether it fixes or semi-fixes the trophy, please let me know so I can update the first post. Thanks!

A new patch (1.02) came out in the EU two days ago and the notes say, some trophy issues have been fixed.

Edit: I copied the notes.

- stability improvements

- fixed issues with unlocking of some trophies

- hunter invasion during a GRE transmission sequence no longer possible

Edited by dalailama1989

Please refer to my first post on this thread. I listed all the sidequest required for the trophy to conditionally pop as it's still semi glitched. Also, feel free to read through everyone else's responses as to how they managed to get the trophy as it varies quite a bit between player to player.

To my knowledge, the patch is not out for EU.

However, when the patch is out, If someone can confirm whether it fixes or semi-fixes the trophy, please let me know so I can update the first post. Thanks!

Thank you! :)

All collectibles are still glitchted for me, so far.

I have a backup savegame where there are 3 collectibles remaining. Should I put that one on the PS4 and do them again?

Edit: didn't work, either

Trying now on a new saveslot to get some others, as some reported this might work. Got 4 things so far, but no trophy yet.

Edited by dalailama1989

Got it!

I deleted the whole game, disabled internet connection, because I wanted to try it with no patch, reinstalled the game. Made a new savegame from the last story mission, picked up note #5 from the board to the right and got over to the battle journal #0. That moment, the trophy came :)

Not sure, if it took a little longer and just note #5 was enough or if the journal was required, too.

Now i reinstall the patch and climb 1km for platinum :)

Edit: Not sure if it's important, but I didn't reinstall any of my DLC, like Be the Zombie and the Cargo&Cuisine addon.

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 1

Still no trophy after patch 1.02 in EU. I have my main save on 100% completion. I was freeroaming about 30 minutes. No trophy. The I started a new game, after first cutscene, no trophy. Then I joined my friends game who wasn't done any sidequests. I completed them all with him, he got the trophy at 50 quests completed, I didn't get it  at all. Then I started new game again, I'm on about 30 sidequests completed now. I swear to god if I don't get the trophy at the end.

Edited by TheAkittaja123

Got it!

I deleted the whole game, disabled internet connection, because I wanted to try it with no patch, reinstalled the game. Made a new savegame from the last story mission, picked up note #5 from the board to the right and got over to the battle journal #0. That moment, the trophy came :)

Not sure, if it took a little longer and just note #5 was enough or if the journal was required, too.

Now i reinstall the patch and climb 1km for platinum :)

Edit: Not sure if it's important, but I didn't reinstall any of my DLC, like Be the Zombie and the Cargo&Cuisine addon.

Brilliant !! just unlocked thanks for the tip

Glad it worked! :)

Just working on a Trophy Guide here, will include this method as well :)

Thanks for including this information in the guide you're trying to write. Please let me know when it's completed so I can add a link to my first post and direct anyone with the trophy issues there.

I have done it in Italy EU.

How to do it with a friend:

NOTE: You have to be done all 51 secondary missions.

- Copy all of yours saves on the USB and then on the pc

- Delete all your Dying Light's saves exept your profile save.

- Have a friend that need only 1 missions and enter in his lobby.

- Complete the mission and the trophy pops.

Alone method:

NOTE: Having a save with 50/51 missions done.

- Copy all of yours saves on the USB and then on the pc

- Delete all your Dying Light's saves exept your save with upgrades and weapon.

- Continue the last secondary mission you need and finish it.

- Trophy pops.

This works with 1.02 EU Update

Sorry for my english and hoping i've helped you.

ackendo_

I found a fix for it if people are still having issues after patch, first check you have all 51 side quests completed (check your quests and count in your menu)

If you have all 51 done, quit to the main menu and start a new fresh game, do the tutorial/First Assignment and complete any side quest, I did mothers day and the trophy popped after I handed the seizure medicine in.

I found playing coop didn't work or playing a NG+ and completing a few side also didn't work either.

Edited by proudy07

Just did all 51 side quests on NG+ and no trophy, I also tried all methods told above - no luck. I hate this game and the company...

I have completed all the sidequests three times now. No trophy. Fuck you Techland. I'm just gonna wait for another patch.

Hey guys, I posted a thread about the "It's all in the writing" trophy. Have you tried that method?

1. Delete the game.

2. Disable your internet.

3. Reinstall the game, without any of the updates. (This is while your internet is still disabled).

4. Start a new game in a new save from the last mission and do one side mission.

I hope it unlocks for you then if you haven't already tried it.

Hey guys, I posted a thread about the "It's all in the writing" trophy. Have you tried that method?

1. Delete the game.

2. Disable your internet.

3. Reinstall the game, without any of the updates. (This is while your internet is still disabled).

4. Start a new game in a new save from the last mission and do one side mission.

I hope it unlocks for you then if you haven't already tried it.

I dont think this will work for the whole story trophy only because pre patch it was reported that the code in the game was looking for a mission that was not available to anyone. The patches "should" have removed that mission as well as check against the other missions to verify completion . Having said that I will try it out anyway as i have read that this trophy can unlock doing some bizarre methods.

I finally got the damn trophy and also the platinum.

I had to play NG+ using my save file that has 100% story, 94% completion with 51 side quests done.

There's still some challenge sets I haven't completed but that doesn't count for "The Whole Story".

It took me 29 Side Quests just to get the trophy in NG+.

Other people might get it instantly, some might get it after 30+ completed side quests.

It all depends on luck just like with the workaround for the text collectibles trophy.

With that said, I'll never buy Techland games on Day 1 anymore, I'll just wait for a week til people say if the trophy list is glitched.

I just went 3 missions deep into NG+ and hope that I have the same success that you did. You have the exact same percentage that I had before i jumped to NG+(i know that doesn't matter but all i have is hope). A new patch was released earlier today and i left it downloading before i left for work.

This has been one of the most frustrating games i have ever played. Set aside the fact that every trophy that could glitch did on my game, I couldn't play online for the first 2.5 weeks because of their server stability and then i couldn't turn in 3 of Toygar missions (guy in tower standing next to the request board), i had to have a friend join my game give him the materials and have him turn in the quest. Im with you Pot, this is my 1st and quite possibly last Techland experience.

*UPDATE*

I just got the trophy after the 1.05 patch. Although this patch may not autopop "The whole story" they actually made life a lot easier on all of us with some fixes and additions to the stats screen

The stats screen appears to have more reliable data and has fixed the safezone and quarantine "zeroes" however if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the stats screen you can see all of your completed sidequests.. This is how i got the trophy to pop. Even though my original game save had all 51 quests complete the newly added sidequests completed on the stats screen said that I was missing "a survivors guide to zombie-land" as well as "to steal from a thief" after I did those two the trophy popped immediately. Hope it helps.

Edited by stitchesnscars

*UPDATE*

I just got the trophy after the 1.05 patch. Although this patch may not autopop "The whole story" they actually made life a lot easier on all of us with some fixes and additions to the stats screen

The stats screen appears to have more reliable data and has fixed the safezone and quarantine "zeroes" however if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the stats screen you can see all of your completed sidequests.. This is how i got the trophy to pop. Even though my original game save had all 51 quests complete the newly added sidequests completed on the stats screen said that I was missing "a survivors guide to zombie-land" as well as "to steal from a thief" after I did those two the trophy popped immediately. Hope it helps.

So with 1.05, you checked the statistics section of the save and that was enough to pop "The Whole Story" trophy? Just wanted to make sure so I can update this into the first post.

So with 1.05, you checked the statistics section of the save and that was enough to pop "The Whole Story" trophy? Just wanted to make sure so I can update this into the first post.

Yes that's correct. the way I understand it, the missions in the statistics screen have been better updated to include all of your completed missions across all of your saves. So all you should need to do is complete those incompleted mission in one of your saves. I just completed the two missions that it claimed that I had not done (which I previously had done according to my original save) In one of my subsequent "new game from later mission" saves. The trophy popped for me after handing in the second mission.

Yes that's correct. the way I understand it, the missions in the statistics screen have been better updated to include all of your completed missions across all of your saves. So all you should need to do is complete those incompleted mission in one of your saves. I just completed the two missions that it claimed that I had not done (which I previously had done according to my original save) In one of my subsequent "new game from later mission" saves. The trophy popped for me after handing in the second mission.

Thanks for the information, I have updated what you said into the first post. If anyone is still having trophy issues after following these steps, please report it as well. Thanks :)

• Like 1

I can also confirm that the quests listed as incomplete in the main men Extras option are indeed the ones that must be completely in order to pop the trophy retroactively. In my case, it was just 2 quests from olde town, Legless Spider and Fan Zone. Hope this is the final fix for this problem.

I tried a solution that was posted in the techlands forum. He had completed all the quests in regular game and ng plus. What he did was delete all save games from within the game (leave profile save) begin a new game from advanced skipping the tutorial and then do the mothers day quest.

Worked for him and worked for me trophy popped and plat finally. May or may not work for others but I had tried various other methods and this was the one that did the trick for me.

This was posted in "The Whole Story Trophy Patch is now live!" On playstationtrophies.org worked for myself and a handful of other users. It's quick and easy and worth a try no matter how many times you have played through this god forsaken game. Just make sure you back up everything first.

EDIT: As made clear below,this fix action it for post patch 1.5. I don't know if this will work for anyone in EU or other regions that have not yet received the new patch.

Edited by K2natural