Borderlands - Online Being Restored Today

BooneJusticius

Oh boy. This is really cool. Glad people will still be able to platinum this game. Now all the need to do is make the price of the DLC two' fiddy and I'll be satisfied.

There was a discount last week.

There are some news articles reporting on a few trademarks Sony has just applied for (or renewed)...one of which was BL1 and there was talk of a PS4 remastering of the game.  I got the Plat for this years ago...didn't even realise there was a problem with the online.  Lol   

I don't think they're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Isn't it being ported to PS4 this year?

Not at this time, no. The games that are currently being ported to PS4 are Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the first game was ported eventually too.

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that Gearbox had decided to make a somewhat more profound HD "remake"/port of Borderlands to the newer consoles, which would be the reason they didn't release all 3 at the same time, and why they actually cared to get some servers up for the PS3 again.

Hey, guys. Anyone can help for the Mad Moxxi- Underdome DLC?

I am level 69. so i prefer my partner to be low-leveled so we can make it easier. Anyone?

By the way, i have completed the 3 easier challenges already, but can help if necessary.

Happy to play Mad Moxxi and other DLC with anyone who is looking for some help :) send me a Friend Request if you want help

This is great news, now I can finally play the game and get all trophies. 

Anyone here wants to help me get the Mad Moxxi's DLC trophies?

I haven't tried Mad Moxxi's yet, but I've heard it's a pain, so I'll gladly help someone out (and getting help :P) My highest leveled character Mordecai is 35 I think, just played it through once. I'm halfway through a splitscreen with Lilith, which I enjoy more and will play through a second time with and/or go online with.

There was a discount last week.

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that Gearbox had decided to make a somewhat more profound HD "remake"/port of Borderlands to the newer consoles, which would be the reason they didn't release all 3 at the same time, and why they actually cared to get some servers up for the PS3 again.

I haven't tried Mad Moxxi's yet, but I've heard it's a pain, so I'll gladly help someone out (and getting help :P) My highest leveled character Mordecai is 35 I think, just played it through once. I'm halfway through a splitscreen with Lilith, which I enjoy more and will play through a second time with and/or go online with.

WOW I SURE AM GLAD NO ONE TOLD ME.

WOW I SURE AM GLAD NO ONE TOLD ME.

At first I thought to tell you about the discount. Then I saw the discount was over. Kinda strange. I actually mailed Gearbox January 22 asking about the servers, and got the reply that they are still working on it, and it will soon be up. Well, I thought it would be more SOON™ than soon, like spring. The day after I saw this discount on PSN on most things from Gearbox. The Extravasplosion DLC pack was down 75%. Found it kinda strange to have a discount on something that is not fully operational. But at the same time a good sign. And then ther got the servers up. The discount lasted two weeks or so, so you must have just missed it. Bummer.

Nice.  Always just assumed the game would always be un-platable on the go forward.  Not that it would've stopped me from finally playing it split-screen in the near future.

Is "And They'll Tell Two Friends" the only online required trophy out of the bunch?

Let's put it this way to be correct: it is the only trophy where another PSN profile is needed. It can be achieved via LAN mode too. Some have used Xlink Kai and similar services to create a VPN to connect to other players who has the trophy.

It is supposedly even possible to get in splitscreen, but then the other player has to have it already ofc, then create an account on the PS3, possibly copy over an old game save to go along with, since the trophy is said to lie in the save file, it is not enough to just download/sync the trophy list. I cannot confirm this though.