Sony sells "Sony Online Entertainment" to Columbus Nova & becomes "Daybreak Game Company"

DarknessKey92

._. Well this happened:

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/sony-online-entertainment-becomes-daybreak-game-company.11500068269/

Dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward. 

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together. 

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!

The Team at Daybreak

• Like 2

What? hmm, this is definitely due so many connectivity problems during the last months, I hope this new online infrastructure will show progress since day one over our current one.

Cheers gamers.

Just so you know, SOE is not PSN... It's a developer and publisher! :P

People are getting confused that they sold PSN. Lol

I heard some of their games (never played one myself) were all right, but It's been forever since I heard them do something noteworthy.

Can't say I'll miss them, SOE mostly put their games on PC first and has only recently been putting games on PS4. I think it's safe to say that these games will eventually come to Xbone as well.