Improving my completion rate?

MeetTheFirelands

So my completion rate is currently at a low 38%. How do I go about improving it? Do I need to get more plats, or do I just need to go back and finish playing a bunch of these games I never finished? Like 1/3 of the 236 games I played, I never actually finished playing them. Would that help improve it if I went back played some of them?

Edited by SolidSquirrel22

Yeah, I started and played for about two years before I started plat hunting.  Last year was the first year I seriously hunted for plats, I went back and finished a bunch of games that I'd finished(or not) and never platinumed.  I went from just under 50% completion to around 65%.

So I just need to get as many trophies in the non-0% games as possible in order to improve it? I don't have to get the plat, right?

Games that are at 0% don't give you a lower completion rate. Like for example if I have one game at 100% and one game at 0% and thus a total of two games, my overall completion rate is still 100%. From the moment you have at least higher than 0% on a game then It'll affect your overall completion. So you can let the 0% games stay that way, and work on those that are higher than 0%.

If you really want a higher completion rate in the future, you're probably also need to buy some DLC to rack up your completion rate, which can be quite expensive. :/. 

As has pretty much everyone has said, it is easier to go through games you have a low percentage in and try to get those up. Your percent will go up immediately when earning trophies for a game you previously abandoned. When you start a new game, your percentage is going to go down and you must get the game up to your average percentage before it can start going up. Plus the more games you add, the less your average percentage will budge anyway.