Allow Mods to combine topics

DaivRules

Right now there are many topics on the same exact subject.

DLC Rarity Change

change how completion % is calculated when it comes to DLCs

DLC rarity Poll

change how average rarity is calculated

These largely are discussing the same topic with the same posters. They're taking up three of the Recent Forum Posts on the homepage, depriving at least two other non-related posts from getting attention to the sites visitors.

Instead of just locking a thread, I'd like for them to just merge into one DLC Rarity thread. Let the Mods merge topics. Possibly implement a "Duplicate thread" button under the Follow this topic button that allows users to select the duplicate thread. If enough people use the button, a notification could be sent to a Mod suggesting the action, but not automatically make the change.

• Like 1

Right now there are many topics on the same exact subject.

DLC Rarity Change

change how completion % is calculated when it comes to DLCs

DLC rarity Poll

change how average rarity is calculated

These largely are discussing the same topic with the same posters. They're taking up three of the Recent Forum Posts on the homepage, depriving at least two other non-related posts from getting attention to the sites visitors.

Instead of just locking a thread, I'd like for them to just merge into one DLC Rarity thread. Let the Mods merge topics. Possibly implement a "Duplicate thread" button under the Follow this topic button that allows users to select the duplicate thread. If enough people use the button, a notification could be sent to a Mod suggesting the action, but not automatically make the change.

I like this idea. And you do realize this post is also taking away from the other posts hits, right? :P

DLC Rarity Change discusses the rarity of the DLC

change how completion.... discusses how completion % should be handled

DLC rarity Poll was made by a different person to the first to provide a poll which otherwise wouldn't have been available.

change how average.... discusses how rarity should be calculated.

These threads are different enough to each other, aren't they?

I like this idea. And you do realize this post is also taking away from the other posts hits, right? :P

I like your style.

Only the DLC Rarity Change and the Poll thread are similar, the other 2 are completely different things. You not being able to make a difference between them doesn't make them the same thing.

By the way, this thread is also taking up space ;)

I read all the threads and the posts have all converged to the same topic. They're not completely different things. But I'll take the insult that I'm an idiot and can't tell the difference in stride anyway. I liked the comment about this this thread taking up space the first time. Yours is overkill.

DLC Rarity Change discusses the rarity of the DLC

change how completion.... discusses how completion % should be handled

DLC rarity Poll was made by a different person to the first to provide a poll which otherwise wouldn't have been available.

change how average.... discusses how rarity should be calculated.

These threads are different enough to each other, aren't they?

My first a-hole inclination was to rephrase the same thing these other threads are all discussing and post it about five more times to see if they would all fly. Then I stopped thinking like that and thought about solutions rather than causing a ruckus. 

These thread titles are different but all ended up discussing the exact same thing.

If there already is a solution, great. How do we point out to mods when topics converge and discuss the exact same thing?

• Like 1

I like your style.

I read all the threads and the posts have all converged to the same topic. They're not completely different things. But I'll take the insult that I'm an idiot and can't tell the difference in stride anyway. I liked the comment about this this thread taking up space the first time. Yours is overkill.

My first a-hole inclination was to rephrase the same thing these other threads are all discussing and post it about five more times to see if they would all fly. Then I stopped thinking like that and thought about solutions rather than causing a ruckus. 

These thread titles are different but all ended up discussing the exact same thing.

If there already is a solution, great. How do we point out to mods when topics converge and discuss the exact same thing?

I understand what you are saying. All 4 topics at least do seem to have the same root: the issue of the average rarity stat. From there it branched off into the netherworld of DLC rarity vs completion.

All 4 could be addressed as 4 points to one succinct post, or at least mark the post as related to other posts/threads that exist, and refer back to those related posts. No harm in that.

Edited by ShogunCroCop