Games you bought on a whim and ended up loving?

Nihiris-

I usually research but,

Dragon Warrior (NES) - bought a NES and was given choice of 1 free used game. It was DW or some sports titles that I had no interest in. Now, I own all the North America DW (DQuest) games except the newest (no PS4).
Beyond Good & Evil (GC) - Found CIB on sale cheap, box looked cool (I also bought and completed the PS3 version. Was afraid it wouldn't be as fun as remembered; relieved I enjoyed just as much as then!)
Pikmin (GC) - Found CIB on sale cheap, wanted change of pace from RPG, and box looked cool (Would have bought the Wii version as well but it was rare here)
Bioshock - Interesting Story and Halloween sale for $3 (& BS2, not played yet).  Loved it so I grabbed Infinite.
Fallout 3 (PS3) - Grabbed it on sale because I liked Skyrim (and F:NV but havent played it yet)
Kingdoms of Amalur - Needed $10 more for free S&H and this was CIB $11. Love it!

• 3 weeks later...

The original Disgaea for PS2.  I stopped in my local GameStop just to browse and the cover art ended up catching my eye.  I read the back of the box and thought it sounded crazy, definitely not like any games I had ever played before.  Naturally, I had to buy it.  For a while, it was the only PS2 game I kept in my console.  I pretty much forgot about all the other games I owned. :P

inFamous - bought the first two games when a department store decided to not continue selling games, dvds etc. Sold everything they had for half the price if not even less than that. Grabbed the games but it took me a while to actually play them. The moment I started the first one I loved it. Became one of my favourite game series on the PS3 and, with Second Son, on the PS4 as well.

Other than that I'd say Project Diva.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I bought the first one. It was challenging for me at first but got me addicted in the end. I still enjoy playing it from time to time.