Crossplay?

Jaguargenie

The cross play will be linked to an account so it's not like your friend could buy the game and then you play it for free unless the Playstations shared the same account name.

:edit:

I realize my mind registered cross save, not cross play.  Sorry, fella.

Edited by Bucknerd

According to this article, http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/20/4640764/magicka-devs-launching-helldivers-for-ps3-ps4-and-ps-vita the game will be cross platform play which I believe is what you are looking for.

When I think of cross play, I think of being able to play the game on any of my consoles. Cross platform play, I think of people on different consoles playing the same game together. :hmm: Could just be me though.

According to this article, http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/20/4640764/magicka-devs-launching-helldivers-for-ps3-ps4-and-ps-vita the game will be cross platform play which I believe is what you are looking for.

When I think of cross play, I think of being able to play the game on any of my consoles. Cross platform play, I think of people on different consoles playing the same game together. :hmm: Could just be me though.

Yeah, Sony had this idea of "simplifying" the terms to cross-play (playing with people on different consoles), cross-buy (purchase for one console, own for all 2 or more the game's available on), and cross-save (the ability to easily sync save files between all versions). It can get kind of confusing sometimes.

To answer the question though, quoting a dev on the Playstation EU blog: "it’s Cross-Play between all platforms! Chat will also work."

And now that we have gotten the terminology out of the way, has anyone experienced this feature? If so, does it work well?

Yes it works, im on ps4 and the people i connect to are always on ps3 and vita

Awesome thanks! One of the first games I've seen that has cross play that I've been interested in. I wish they would integrate it into more games for those ps3 holdouts like me!

And now that we have gotten the terminology out of the way, has anyone experienced this feature? If so, does it work well?

Peoples just be trying to help you.  Your phrasing makes Marlon Brando pout. 

marlon_brando.jpg

It's a bad ass feature though.  Can't wait for it to come to future games.

Awesome thanks! One of the first games I've seen that has cross play that I've been interested in. I wish they would integrate it into more games for those ps3 holdouts like me!

It works, but there seems to be issues with playing with friends. I have been unable to join my friends who are on ps3, and they've been unable to join me on ps4. However, if we both go to the same random's lobby, we can play with each other. My PS4 friends can join me just fine.

• 2 weeks later...