Add new rank of trophy completion [S+]

4. Let's leave the completion of the game and the DLCs to the %.

I'd like to see something like your base % completion of the base game (i.e. when it was released) + extra % (DLC) = overall completion %, all split into separate categories on your card. 

That way, for the gamers who plat/100% a game when it is released, we can feel good about it instead of worrying about their overall completion % going down when DLC has been released for a game that they played months ago. Chances are most of us have moved on to another game. It's just annoying to drop what game you're playing and go back and pay $$$ for DLC you may or may not even want, so your overall completion % won't go down. 

I dunno. Maybe I'm the only one who this annoys. 

I agree with the topic. The games completed at the top next to games played is lame. I have 277 games played 49 completed which is lame because I completed way more then that. A lot of my platinum isn't recognized as completed because of the dlc. Platinum is there to say you 100% completed the game but the dlc trophies screws it on the stats of the games you completed. On the console itself you can go to the game trophies and the dlc is separate from the main game. So it should be the same on here so this system needs a little improvement. It shouldn't hurt to try it differently.

Edited by Miketheking75
  • Like 1

1. I am replying to the topic of the thread, not the screeds of nonsense that has hijacked it.

2. No one cares, and no one should care, about base game vs. completion. A games trophy list is either complete or not.

3. The platinum symbol means you have earned a platinum. Thats it - its not an indication of completion, and many of us feel that a platinum without completing the game is worthless - if there is a percentage shown anywhere in life it is universally understood that 100% is the top, and anything else is inferior.

4. Who cares what percentage you have/ rank you have/ excuses you have/ symbols you have for a game that is not complete? Incomplete is incomplete.

5. Just because we disagree with you does not mean that we have not read he thread and understood the points made. I am doing all three at once - reading, understanding and disagreeing.

2. I care. I cared enough to spend money on the game. I cared enough to play the game. I cared enough to finish the game. I cared enough to complete the base game. I would like people to be able to see, at a glance, that I had completed the base game. My <50% completion of this game does not show people how much effort I had used to finish that for which I have paid. I do not think that the ranks should change to reflect this, as I have stated in a previous post, however; changing the check mark to reflect this completion seems, at most, to be trivial in nature. I do not enjoy being told that "no one cares" or that "no one should care" when I care about something. Simply because one person does not care about an issue does not mean that the issue does not matter to anyone else.

3. The platinum symbol does mean that you earned the platinum on the game, you are correct in this respect. Many of the platinum trophies have a description along the lines of 'Congratulations! You have unlocked all the trophies in this game.' Unless I am misunderstanding what 'you have unlocked all the trophies in this game' means, I would think that a platinum trophy represents 100% completion of a base game. A platinum symbol represents a platinum trophy in a game and a platinum trophy represents 100% in a base game, so by the transitive property a platinum symbol represents 100% completion of a base game in a game in which a platinum trophy is obtainable. And, once again, simply because one person feels that earning a platinum trophy without getting 100% of the trophies in a game is "worthless" does not mean that "most people" will also hold such a standard.

4. While it is true that "incomplete is incomplete," it is also true that complete is complete. I have completed that for which I have paid, and one cannot ascertain this fact by viewing my profile alone. A visitor of my page would need to click on the game that has less than 100% completion but a completed base game from my profile in order to see that the base game, the game that I bought, is completed. A simple check mark would allow others to know that I have completed that for which I have paid. And, for the third time, I care.

5. Just because others disagree with you does not mean that their opinion is worth any less than your opinion.

I don't mean to come off as offensive, but I was offended by your post. If, in my anger, I have offended you; I apologize in advance.  When explaining opinions about which I care, I tend to come off as hostile, despite my best intentions to stay friendly.

Edited by theguytom

2. I care. I cared enough to spend money on the game. I cared enough to play the game. I cared enough to finish the game. I cared enough to complete the base game. I would like people to be able to see, at a glance, that I had completed the base game. My <50% completion of this game does not show people how much effort I had used to finish that for which I have paid. I do not think that the ranks should change to reflect this, as I have stated in a previous post, however; changing the check mark to reflect this completion seems, at most, to be trivial in nature. I do not enjoy being told that "no one cares" or that "no one should care" when I care about something. Simply because one person does not care about an issue does not mean that the issue does not matter to anyone else.

3. The platinum symbol does mean that you earned the platinum on the game, you are correct in this respect. Many of the platinum trophies have a description along the lines of 'Congratulations! You have unlocked all the trophies in this game.' Unless I am misunderstanding what 'you have unlocked all the trophies in this game' means, I would think that a platinum trophy represents 100% completion of a base game. A platinum symbol represents a platinum trophy in a game and a platinum trophy represents 100% in a base game, so by the transitive property a platinum symbol represents 100% completion of a base game in a game in which a platinum trophy is obtainable. And, once again, simply because one person feels that earning a platinum trophy without getting 100% of the trophies in a game is "worthless" does not mean that "most people" will also hold such a standard.

4. While it is true that "incomplete is incomplete," it is also true that complete is complete. I have completed that for which I have paid, and one cannot ascertain this fact by viewing my profile alone. A visitor of my page would need to click on the game that has less than 100% completion but a completed base game from my profile in order to see that the base game, the game that I bought, is completed. A simple check mark would allow others to know that I have completed that for which I have paid. And, for the third time, I care.

5. Just because others disagree with you does not mean that their opinion is worth any less than your opinion.

I don't mean to come off as offensive, but I was offended by your post. If, in my anger, I have offended you; I apologize in advance.  When explaining opinions about which I care, I tend to come off as hostile, despite my best intentions to stay friendly.

Good post.

And I agree 100%.

Ranks are fine how they are, end of subject

<sigh>

I'm so sick of remarks like this. People's opinions matter, whether they walk lockstep with yours or not.

2. No one cares, and no one should care, about base game vs. completion. A games trophy list is either complete or not.

People obviously care. Whether they should care is another issue, although I find this "I'm a gamer who speaks for all gamers!" tripe to be quite noxious at this point.

Edited by starcrunch061