Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Expansion

In case anyone missed out on the PAX East news over the weekend I figured I'd post a topic with the most up to date information regarding release date, pre-ordering, and class goodies.

Behold:

yyvynxa1fiwpvhvzflst-620x349.jpg

Missing the original spring 2015 release window by a few weeks, the Heavensward expansion for Final Fantasy XIV arrives on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and now Mac on June 23rd.

The release date was announced during the game's panel at PAX East in Boston, along with the news that Mac port experts Transgaming would be bringing the game to MacOS day and date with the expansion's release on PlayStations and PC. The expansion pack adds three more classes to the game, raises the level cap to 60 from 50 and allows players to explore Northern Eorzea—including a homage to Final Fantasy VI's flying continent—on brand-new airborne mounts.

Players who preorder the game—preorders open on March 16th—will earn four days of early access to the new content.

To help players prepare for the upcoming release, a nine-minute benchmark program will be released next month, featuring flying mounts and an extremely impressive sky whale, which I've been told is the new Primal, Bismarck.

Below is a video and images of new Level 60 outfits.  

rx66ffjv1hh18nbopceg.jpg

wdeopchcnrrnu7j2sixa.jpggshkibkpkhero6cdvwbv.jpg

ttdyybq86zy5owxw10sp.jpgu4gzb7qtejvnjptoqqi4.jpg

p5vf6swgxtjrc0kv0hlu.jpgo8pqycvhfzozegyfkt9a.jpg

hww1wyalrsgr9kwjyeab.jpgpzm1tdogupul1zididvs.jpg

wvzomrzxwbm7oemrbfoh.jpgml6pyfctoevihyfqusws.jpg

fjsksduhacwwrebkfncs.jpgdhahsbbd1jfqdwexlfdj.jpg

p9ruujplfjdooe5oji2f.jpglc9zwrluwkp8efgbl9bj.jpg

sysjxmi1q04ctlfvusef.jpgqsumwlgjjc6z3qs0ohb2.jpg

a9cxsyfaodrpaimojfsy.jpgfhzfaawnii8gmzymlltm.jpg

r3fnhpvtgwoxhtxyflci.jpgqehbejqaus9e2pkokvnp.jpg
Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 2

I missed out since August 2014, barely passed T5, first coil....gawd I am so behind. How many expansion packs is there in the future and do we pay for those? kinda ridiculous for us to pay for a expansion when we're giving out recurring subs.

I know right? I cant believe I have to pay for psplus to play all those Ps4 games online. totally ridiculous. heck I should be entitled to all DLC/expansion too for a game because I sub psplus.

I know right? I cant believe I have to pay for psplus to play all those Ps4 games online. totally ridiculous. heck I should be entitled to all DLC/expansion too for a game because I sub psplus.

Yeah I agree, but you do know that FFXIV doesn't require ps plus? But I'm sure you pay PS Plus for other online ps4 games :(   

Square Enix is milking this "second release" FF14 until there is no liquid to be had. The amount of money for the subs that they receive per monthly basis should be enough for free contents. Plus hours of useless grinding for ilvl 100+ gears (I wouldn't be surprised if its ilvl 250 standard by the time heavensward is released) and damn teamwork (most of the time it fails and getting into a good static to not fail is like nepotism, selecting only a very few to be part of it, a**wipes). As long as there is no trophies coming any more for Consoles, all I have to worry about is if I really want to go back into again. This game literally sucked my life away just trying to get through T5.

Edited by Idonteatfood

Yeah I agree, but you do know that FFXIV doesn't require ps plus? But I'm sure you pay PS Plus for other online ps4 games :(   

Square Enix is milking this "second release" FF14 until there is no liquid to be had. The amount of money for the subs that they receive per monthly basis should be enough for free contents. Plus hours of useless grinding for ilvl 100+ gears (I wouldn't be surprised if its ilvl 250 standard by the time heavensward is released) and damn teamwork (most of the time it fails and getting into a good static to not fail is like nepotism, selecting only a very few to be part of it, a**wipes). As long as there is no trophies coming any more for Consoles, all I have to worry about is if I really want to go back into again. This game literally sucked my life away just trying to get through T5.

Square Enix is not milking nothing, this has been how MMORPG games been since OMG the beginning of time..... and you know we have been getting new contents, I guess Ninja doesnt count, and all the extra dungeons dont count, and gold saucer dont count either to you huh? nevertheless this is going to be a great expansion. 

Square Enix is not milking nothing, this has been how MMORPG games been since OMG the beginning of time..... and you know we have been getting new contents, I guess Ninja doesnt count, and all the extra dungeons dont count, and gold saucer dont count either to you huh? nevertheless this is going to be a great expansion. 

I agree completely.  So many people race to say "get rid of the sub", but what they don't realize is that SE release so much content to the game at no extra cost (besides the sub of course).  Technically that is what our sub is playing for.  There's many of other MMOs that have you waiting months or a whole year before releasing new content (some may have a sub) and sometimes the content might not be as good as the quality of content FFXIV gets.  And imo I don't know how Square does it as usually the servers for these games are very expensive to run.. so they are using money towards the servers and money towards the development team to be making and planning new things.. all year round pretty much.

If you don't like the sub, fine, play the free 30 days.. join in on the free weekends.  I would sooner leave if the game became F2P than keep playing.. since the content etc won't be half as good or frequent as it is now.

• Like 1

I've poured thousands of hours of my life into this game, and will continue to pour thousands more.

I just recently got back to actually playing other games too, and the expansion is right around the corner, too soon man, too soon lol.

I main tank too, so I'm deffinitly excited to try out Darknight.

Edited by Monk746

• 2 months later...

All aboard the hype Goobbue people. Updating:

JOB ACTIONS:

ALEXANDER DUNGEON WALKTHROUGH:

MUSIC VIDEO FOR NEW THEME "DRAGONSONG" **VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR MAIN SCENARIO**

HEAVENSWARD TRAILER: ** VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR MAIN SCENARIO**

BENCHMARK TRAILER:

So much hype... can't take much more...

Edited by Bucknerd

• 3 weeks later...

3.0 Patch Noooooooooootes

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

I'll include a few pictures from it here:

New Areas!
e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

New House Items
e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

New Triple Triad Cards

New Hair!

Dungeons!
e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

Primals!
e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8

Purple Dinosaurs!

Sex Appeal!

Cute Shit!

The once mighty Twintania is a mount!
http://i.imgur.com/6MrqAkp.jpg

This chocobo has that hat!

http://i.imgur.com/tipDZaw.jpg

^ The last two items are noticed as screencaps from this video:

Edited by Bucknerd

So apparently this is a thing:

Commemorate the Launch of Heavensward with the “Welcome Back to Eorzea” Campaign!
3ee8ce49640c3c4cfd0a2235f307f53b0d1aa8e0
In commemoration of the launch of Heavensward, we’re excited to welcome adventurers back to Eorzea with the “Welcome Back to Eorzea” campaign! Pick up the adventure where you left off with special items that can be exchanged for item level 120 equipment during the campaign period!
Eligibility
Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to March 31, 2015 and have not logged into the game between Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Sunday, June 7, 2015.

* Those who are playing the Free Trial version are not eligible.

Campaign period
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign bonus items
When logging into the game with an eligible character, you will be given 10 silver chocobo feathers that you can use to exchange for item level 120 equipment. Silver chocobo feathers can be exchanged via the Calamity Salvager NPC that is located in each city-state.

*The silver chocobo feathers will be sent to characters via the Moogle Delivery Service.
*If you have reached the maximum number of campaign item letters (20), you will need to delete previously stored/read campaign item letters to clear space so that the new letter can be delivered.
*If the campaign item letter is not received during the campaign period, you will not be able to obtain the bonus items.

Be sure not to miss out on this great opportunity!

I'm a little confused about this update, is it free for existing owners? I already own the game on more than one platform, it would be disappointing for me to have to buy it again.

It's not free, the expansion is 40 USD and 60 for the collectors edition. With all this awesome content, it'll be well worth the $.

It's not free, the expansion is 40 USD and 60 for the collectors edition. With all this awesome content, it'll be well worth the $.

Eh, not happy about that. I didn't like the high subscription fee but was paying it under the impression I'd get content like this with no charge. :/

Eh, not happy about that. I didn't like the high subscription fee but was paying it under the impression I'd get content like this with no charge. :/

I understand your disappointment but MMO's have never worked like that.

On the brightside here is a list of everything you did get "free of charge". And on a brighter side Heavensward is going to include even more awesomeness.  Refer to my previous post to check out the patchnotes.

• 20+ hours of Main Scenario Quests
  • New Rouge/Ninja job/classes
  • Good King Moggle Mog XII Primal
  • Ultima Weapon Primal
  • Leviathan Primal
  • Ramuh Primal
  • Shiva Primal
  • Odin Primal
  • Extreme Mode Primal Fights for all Primals except Odin
  • Beast Tribe Quests
  • The Golden Saucer which includes Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing
  • Hildibrand and Delivery Moogle Questlines.  Hildibrand's Questline includes 2 Trials: Battle on Big Bridge, Battle of Big Keep
  • PvP including Wolves' Den and Frontlines
  • Free Company Housing and Housing Items
  • Treasure Maps
  • New items, mounts, minions, FATES, guildleves, hairstyles, and crafting recipes
  • Chocobo Raising and the ability to dye your chocobo
  • 3 New 24 man raids including: Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower, and World of Darkness
  • The Second Coil and Final Coil of Bahamut
  • New dungeons including: Pharos Sirus, Haukke Manor Hard Mode, Copperbell Mines Hard Mode, The Lost City of Amdapor, Halatali Hard Mode, Brayflox's Longstop Hard Mode, Hullbreaker Isle, Tam-Tara Deepcroft Hard Mode, Stone Vigil Hard Mode, Satasha Hard Mode, Sunken Temple of Qarn Hard Mode, Wanderer's Palace Hard Mode, and Amdapor Keep

ver2_1.png?1404811571ver2_2.png?1404811571ver2_3.png?1404811571ver2_4.png?1414484315ver2_5.png?1421742091

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 1

I understand your disappointment but MMO's have never worked like that.

On the brightside here is a list of everything you did get "free of charge". And on a brighter side Heavensward is going to include even more awesomeness.  Refer to my previous post to check out the patchnotes.

• 20+ hours of Main Scenario Quests
  • New Rouge/Ninja job/classes
  • Good King Moggle Mog XII Primal
  • Ultima Weapon Primal
  • Leviathan Primal
  • Ramuh Primal
  • Shiva Primal
  • Odin Primal
  • Extreme Mode Primal Fights for all Primals except Odin
  • Beast Tribe Quests
  • The Golden Saucer which includes Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing
  • Hildibrand and Delivery Moogle Questlines.  Hildibrand's Questline includes 2 Trials: Battle on Big Bridge, Battle of Big Keep
  • PvP including Wolves' Den and Frontlines
  • Free Company Housing and Housing Items
  • Treasure Maps
  • New items, mounts, minions, FATES, guildleves, hairstyles, and crafting recipes
  • Chocobo Raising and the ability to dye your chocobo
  • 3 New 24 man raids including: Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower, and World of Darkness
  • The Second Coil and Final Coil of Bahamut
  • New dungeons including: Pharos Sirus, Haukke Manor Hard Mode, Copperbell Mines Hard Mode, The Lost City of Amdapor, Halatali Hard Mode, Brayflox's Longstop Hard Mode, Hullbreaker Isle, Tam-Tara Deepcroft Hard Mode, Stone Vigil Hard Mode, Satasha Hard Mode, Sunken Temple of Qarn Hard Mode, Wanderer's Palace Hard Mode, and Amdapor Keep

Yeah, I normally wouldn't mind too much if the DLC was cross platform. Looks like I'll be sticking one version now. :/ This and the graphics upgrade it got on PC is very nice, so I guess I have that to enjoy for now.