Chromebook or Tablet for Web Browsing?

Parker

Ladies and gentlemen of PSNP, I need your help. Lately my wife has become more interested in gaming as well as trophy hunting. She has been watching me play GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Gran Turismo, The Order and others, and she has commented on how earning trophies is pretty cool. So, I showed her the guide section of PSNP (we looked at The Order: 1886 guides) and she said she'd love to be able to help me earn trophies by having the guide up while I play. 

So, I've been looking for some cheap devices that she can use while she is in the game room with me. I think I've narrowed it down to either a Chromebook or a Tablet (either a Kindle Fire or Samsung Tab) but I figured I'd ask PSNP for suggestions as well.

It will basically be used as a browsing machine. Games don't need to be played on it but YouTube, Netflix, and general browsing are a must. I'd like to stay at or under $200 or so. Anyone have a suggestion or information for me?

Thanks in advance,

Parker

I have a Kindle Fire HD7 that I use for the forums/guides/guide videos and whatnot. It works great for the stuff I use it for and lasts a few days, plus I like how it's linked to my Amazon account so book purchases are easy enough and I get a free book/preorder a month. Not sure if that's because of Prime or not though.

However, if she wants to use it for email and stuff, I'd agree with the person above me on a chromebook. Typing with keys seems a lot easier and they have bigger screens for videos.

Personally, those touchscreen keyboards are pretty much unusable for me... posting on websites/sending texts/anything that involves typing on this Samsung Galaxy smartphone of mine is the worst.  That's why I went with the Chromebook.  Pretty happy with it, though I wish it supported Java so I could work on it as well.

The Order: 1886 guide you say? I heard that was a great guide :P

Anyways, I always say that if I were to buy a tablet, that it would be a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet or an iPad, I would probably say away from a Chromebook though, lol - in your price range you may have to get a used Surface Pro or iPad if you're using my recommendations, but I would definitely try to get a good tablet like that which can run all those things you want really well without trouble!

Edited by BlindMango

I solely used my Kindle Fire HD on here for a year until I got a laptop, and had no problem with that. The only problem may be some typing issues, but auto correct usually fixes it. I use the desktop version, not the mobile version, an it works great!