my PS3 won't read discs,

RuinousOne25

After playing a bit of Wolfinstein the new order for PS3 I died and the game froze when it was trying to load the game, when I turned it on again the game from the disc didn't show on the screen and when I resested the settings on it it still didn't work. None of my PS3 cd games work on it now and I have absolutely no clue on how to fix it.

After playing a bit of Wolfinstein the new order for PS3 I died and the game froze when it was trying to load the game, when I turned it on again the game from the disc didn't show on the screen and when I resested the settings on it it still didn't work. None of my PS3 cd games work on it now and I have absolutely no clue on how to fix it.

his is exactly what happend to my old fat 60 gig ps3 minus the wolfenstein game otherwise yea my ps3 stopped readng any kind of disk didnt even try so i got a new ps3

Nuttro, I know this is an odd request, but you're number 3 in Australia, and you're also in Melbourne. I don't want your address, but what suburb do you live in? How close do I live to the podium? I myself reside in Croydon North, it's a nice place aside from the odd gun shot, the junkies, the over-priced rent, and the lack of 24 hour fast food joints. I mean, there's a Hungry Jack's all the way over there, and a Macca's decently close, but I need a car to go to those after like 10, screw that, I'll just walk over to the pizza place.

Same with me. i upgraded my hard drive from 100GB to 500GB and it works fine.

If you have the same thing I had you'll need to get a new hard-drive, I'm afraid! (my games froze randomly when I loaded them).

His problem has nothing to do with the hard drive though, it's a problem with the disc reader, upgrading the hard drive will not do anything, he either needs to send it to get repaired, which may only turn out to be a short term thing as the 60GB is about a bizzilionyillion years old now (which happened to me, got it repaired and it died a few months later) or he needs to buy a new PS3.

His problem has nothing to do with the hard drive though, it's a problem with the disc reader, upgrading the hard drive will not do anything, he either needs to send it to get repaired, which may only turn out to be a short term thing as the 60GB is about a bizzilionyillion years old now (which happened to me, got it repaired and it died a few months later) or he needs to buy a new PS3.

I Just didn't get what was wrong with his PS3. :)

There's a temporary fix for this but eventually you'll either need to get a new blu ray drive or a new ps3.

Rip apart your ps3 and the blu ray drive and clean the lens off with alcohol and a q-tip, it my happened to my buddies ps3 and that's what he did but eventually it will stop working again.