Very beneficial glitch - Initiation DLC

9 hours ago, HeartBlade89 said:

@Xillynoc Would you mind explaining how you did it and tell me where Im going wrong?

This was a couple years ago so unfortunately I don't remember much with clarity. What I recall doing is reading this thread after buying the DLC, deleting the patch data, refusing to update the patch by starting the game up again offline, and then completing a random challenge (I don't think I even got 3 stars on it) - then the trophies popped.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:13 AM, Xillynoc said:

This was a couple years ago so unfortunately I don't remember much with clarity. What I recall doing is reading this thread after buying the DLC, deleting the patch data, refusing to update the patch by starting the game up again offline, and then completing a random challenge (I don't think I even got 3 stars on it) - then the trophies popped.

@Xillynoc Thanks. I cant seem to get the trophies to pop still. Maybe I need to delete my saves and try again from zero.

14 hours ago, HeartBlade89 said:

@Xillynoc Thanks. I cant seem to get the trophies to pop still. Maybe I need to delete my saves and try again from zero.

From what I remember you need to play the mission pack without every leaving 1.00. If you play the game for 1 second on a non 1.00 save then that save is ruined. Pretty sure that’s what the issue I had was. I went and played through on the newest patch & then uninstalled and was annoyed it wasn’t working.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:00 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

From what I remember you need to play the mission pack without every leaving 1.00. If you play the game for 1 second on a non 1.00 save then that save is ruined. Pretty sure that’s what the issue I had was. I went and played through on the newest patch & then uninstalled and was annoyed it wasn’t working.

So I should reinstall and play on a brand new save never leaving 1.00 or what is on disc? Ill give it a shot with a new save slot.

On 1/15/2023 at 0:40 PM, HeartBlade89 said:

So I should reinstall and play on a brand new save never leaving 1.00 or what is on disc? Ill give it a shot with a new save slot.

Possibly? Honestly, it's been so long that I can't remember. All I know was I fiddled around trying to get it to work for a while. But when it finally did it was great.

That's what I'd personally try.

Uninstalling the game

Backing up your save (USB and/or PS+)

Reinstalling the game (without installing any patches)

play through the game until you've unlocked the training stuff in the batcave

finish a training mission (I believe even just 1 star counts)

both trophies should unlock

*Hopefully* that works.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I just wanted to thank OP and everyone who explained how to do this method, because it worked flawlessly for me. I had played the game years before, focusing only on the MP Trophies, so when I picked up the game again a few days ago, I was starting fresh from a new save on 1.06. I had played until you have to investigate the murder at Lacey Towers when I stumbled upon this thread.

Just for clarity's sake, I have a digital copy of the game and the Cold, Cold Hearts DLC but I don't have the Initiation DLC.

Here's what I personally did, in case anyone in the future may find it useful:

1. I deleted the game. Not the extra data or anything like that, just the game. My save was still there after the game had been deleted.

2. I downloaded the game again.

3. The game is now on version 1.00.

4. I switched off my Internet connection from the XMB settings, just in case.

5. I booted up the game, it didn't ask me to update itself.

6. I started a new game and progressed until you reach the Batcave and Alfred tells you the training challenges are active.

7. Went to the training area, started the first challenge (the one for the combos). Got three stars very easily.

8. After a few seconds, the Bruce's Revenge Trophy popped. A few seconds later, Master Ninja unlocked.

9. Exited the game, checked for the update, redownloaded it and continued with my save where I left it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This worked perfectly for me today on disc version. I did not have to do anything with my save data. I deleted all game data utility files, disconnected from internet and redownloaded the game. When it asks you to update to v1.06, hit cancel. Boot up game, select a new save file, play a new game for about 20 minutes until you reach the bat cave and gain 3 stars on combat trainer (I did the first challenge). No need to upload or delete any save data, but I did do this on a new save file from the main menu.