Does it require microtransactions?

Kittet3

Can anyone who is currently playing the game comment on the state of microtransactions in this newly free vita game?

You don't need microtransactions. Everything in the game can be unlocked by playing the game. The microtransactions just make it quicker to unlock the items and trophies. Similar to Jetpack Joyride if you have played it.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

For example, I've just started playing so I'm not that good yet but I'm average 400 - 800 currency a run and to unlock everything could take over 1 million 

Accually... what about that special coins for a wolf costume? Are they possible to get for free?

Yes the special coins can be got for free, I think you can get them from the lucky boxes. theres 11 or 12 costumes in the game so not all are required though.

• Like 1

For example, I've just started playing so I'm not that good yet but I'm average 400 - 800 currency a run and to unlock everything could take over 1 million 

Yes the special coins can be got for free, I think you can get them from the lucky boxes. theres 11 or 12 costumes in the game so not all are required though.

There are 11, including the starting one, which makes me wonder if the starting one counts. If not, you have to unlock every costume :S

• Like 1

I just had a look in the game; there are three costumes that use something other than the orbs as unlock tokens: The owl, the wold and the aviator.

The owl requires you score 100,000 or more in a single run.
The wolf requires 50 wolf tokens, which are only found in the mega lucky chests(the ones that cost 2500 bubbles
The aviator requires 500 aviator tokens, which can be found in either the luck or mega lucky chests at 500 and 2500 bubbles respectfully. 

All other costumes/upgrades can be unlocked with bubbles. so you don't have to spend a dime to 100% the game but the wolf and aviator costumes are going to be a grind from what I can tell. You can spend £3.70 to double the amount of bubbles you get forever, but that seems a tad over-priced to me.

• Like 1

I just had a look in the game; there are three costumes that use something other than the orbs as unlock tokens: The owl, the wold and the aviator.

The owl requires you score 100,000 or more in a single run.

The wolf requires 50 wolf tokens, which are only found in the mega lucky chests(the ones that cost 2500 bubbles

The aviator requires 500 aviator tokens, which can be found in either the luck or mega lucky chests at 500 and 2500 bubbles respectfully. 

All other costumes/upgrades can be unlocked with bubbles. so you don't have to spend a dime to 100% the game but the wolf and aviator costumes are going to be a grind from what I can tell. You can spend £3.70 to double the amount of bubbles you get forever, but that seems a tad over-priced to me.

It doesn't double them forever, it doubles them for a limited time and it lasts forever every game you use it in. People on PST (as mentioned above) bought it, woke up the next day, and it was gone. The only thing Customer Service had to say was that it was expired, and yup, the person who bought it checked and it had a time limit.

I don't think any of the "forever" upgrades last forever.

It doesn't double them forever, it doubles them for a limited time and it lasts forever every game you use it in. People on PST (as mentioned above) bought it, woke up the next day, and it was gone. The only thing Customer Service had to say was that it was expired, and yup, the person who bought it checked and it had a time limit.

Those same users are also saying they're expiring only for North American users and the iOS/Android versions had no expirations either. That would imply they are not meant to expire.

It has to be some kind of bug. I was playing the game last night and there are a couple of different boosts that say they are lifetime. Double Bubbles was one of them. The servers seem to be down for me right now so maybe it is something they are working on.

• 3 weeks later...