Indecisive Choco is Indecisive

XchocomanX

Good morning/evening/night everyone!

The reason of this topic is rather simple: Help Choco to make up his mind already.

With what, you ask? Getting a new device for gaming, of course!

Me and my family are doing a trip to NY that starts on april 9th. This of course presents a possibility to get either a hanheld or a new home consle while taking pictures all over central park.....and central perk ;) (lame joke, I know)

BUT (there's always one, right?) here's the pickle:

I could go for a Xbox 360: While I'm not a fan of Microsoft, getting this one would allow me to play Dance Central/Just Dance and shake, it, shake it with my couch buddies ( xD) Also but not limited to Tales of Vesperia! (I know Vesperia is also for the Ps3...but...well....you know..)

I could, however, go for a Ps Vita: This one has lots of VNs. VNs are fun...sometimes but I'm open minded. I also noticed that Fate/Realta Nua exists for the vita...so....ALL THE YES!....Also, Tales of Hearts was remade for this so....TALES OF! There's also the plus factor, getting free games and stuff but I don't really know much about games for vita outside games like Persona 4 Golden, Corpse Party, Wipeout 2048 and Tales Of Hearts R, I'm slowly starting to like JRPGS...or action RPGs (blame the tales series xD

Ps3: While I obviously have a Ps3, I'd like to know which games would you guys suggest? The ones thar I already have in mind are: Dark Souls 2, Batman Arkham Origins/Knight,Tales Of Xilia 2, Fairy Fencer F, Akiba's Trip, Tears To Tiara II: Heir Of The Overlord (ATLUS!). Hyperdimension Neptunia's overview sound fun and some people around here have been comenting nothing but good things about it. Oh, and DBZ Xenoverse as well! Those are from the top of my head, of course.

3DS: We have tales here, too! This one has Fire Emblem, a double dose of Pokemon, Prof Layton and Shin Megami Tensei IV <3 There's also the Overclocked remake....dunno if it's worth it but....the Atlus logo....It also appears to read DS games.....Nostalgia trip with Soulsilver again!

WiiU: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, Splatoon....

No, I'm not millionaire. I can easily forget about everything and just get some Ps3 titles to increase my already big backlog xD. It would be nice to play something while I'm on the subway If I'm not reading a book, though.

That's all, folks! Sorry for the crazy grammar.....It's 3:00.....blame Symphonia..... xD.

Sorry if this topic does not belong to this area D:

Edited by XchocomanX

I say go for the Vita. You can take it with you on the trip and it has great games like Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, Ys Memories of Celceta, Tales of Hearts R, and last but not least Persona 4 Golden :awesome:. And you can use cross-saves to continue PS3 games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and may more (provided you have these games).

I really enjoyed these PS3 games:

• Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
  • Darksiders
  • Dark Souls
  • Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
  • Ratchet & Clank HD collection
  • Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
  • Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus
  • Bayonetta
  • Overlord II (plat is unobtainable though)
Edited by Dragon-Archon

I had a sort of inner debate about this myself. 

While I was working I either wanted to drastically increase the amount of games I had for the PS3 or buy 3DS/2DS and a few games for that, or even do the dumb thing and buy a PS4 just 3 short years after buying my PS3.

In the end I ended up just increasing my game count for the PS3. Another system divides my attention and while the mobile aspect might be a pro...usually I don't go out for no reason. If I'm outside I usually don't have time to play games. (work or errands. one day school...) It's usually why I bring a book with me everywhere. It's easier to stop reading than having to find a good spot to save...or worrying about battery life. 

Your PS3 game list seems solid and will take some time so you'll get your moneys worth.

So I guess after that long winded post...I'd hold off until after your trip and buy ps3 games. 

EDIT:

Idk what kind of games are your main interest but I would recommend the Uncharted series and the Assassin's Creed series. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

@Avatar_Of_Battle I swear, if I find "The Dome" or "Cell" (both by Stephen King) there won't be handheld that matter xD

I usually just go to my local library, or ANY used book store I can find, to see if they have the books I want. Since you'll be in NY I'm sure you'll be able to find them easier.

I actually owned a few handhelds throughout my life. Gameboy, GBA, GBA SP, PSP, and a Sega Game Gear. I quite honestly only played when I was inside -_- Outside was me doing what I needed to do or reading for a few short minutes lol. Now I couldn't be bothered with a handheld. For a few weeks I wanted one...but realized it just wasn't necessary for me.

• Like 1

@Dragon-Archon Nice selection =D Are those FF titles that good? Everyone seems to hate them D:

FFXIII is very linear and getting the plat involves quite a lot of grinding for specific materials (which are a random drop -_-). XIII-2 is less linear and you need to grind a lot less and LR:FFXIII is the most non-linear JRPG I've played so far and has a little grind. Story-wise XIII is ok, XIII-2 is confusing at times, and LR is good.

• Like 1

Good morning/evening/night everyone!

The reason of this topic is rather simple: Help Choco to make up his mind already.

With what, you ask? Getting a new device for gaming, of course!

Me and my family are doing a trip to NY that starts on april 9th. This of course presents a possibility to get either a hanheld or a new home consle while taking pictures all over central park.....and central perk ;) (lame joke, I know)

BUT (there's always one, right?) here's the pickle:

I could go for a Xbox 360: While I'm not a fan of Microsoft, getting this one would allow me to play Dance Central/Just Dance and shake, it, shake it with my couch buddies ( xD) Also but not limited to Tales of Vesperia! (I know Vesperia is also for the Ps3...but...well....you know..)

I could, however, go for a Ps Vita: This one has lots of VNs. VNs are fun...sometimes but I'm open minded. I also noticed that Fate/Realta Nua exists for the vita...so....ALL THE YES!....Also, Tales of Hearts was remade for this so....TALES OF! There's also the plus factor, getting free games and stuff but I don't really know much about games for vita outside games like Persona 4 Golden, Corpse Party, Wipeout 2048 and Tales Of Hearts R, I'm slowly starting to like JRPGS...or action RPGs (blame the tales series xD

Ps3: While I obviously have a Ps3, I'd like to know which games would you guys suggest? The ones thar I already have in mind are: Dark Souls 2, Batman Arkham Origins/Knight,Tales Of Xilia 2, Fairy Fencer F, Akiba's Trip, Tears To Tiara II: Heir Of The Overlord (ATLUS!). Hyperdimension Neptunia's overview sound fun and some people around here have been comenting nothing but good things about it. Oh, and DBZ Xenoverse as well! Those are from the top of my head, of course.

3DS: We have tales here, too! This one has Fire Emblem, a double dose of Pokemon, Prof Layton and Shin Megami Tensei IV <3 There's also the Overclocked remake....dunno if it's worth it but....the Atlus logo....It also appears to read DS games.....Nostalgia trip with Soulsilver again!

WiiU: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash, Splatoon....

No, I'm not millionaire. I can easily forget about everything and just get some Ps3 titles to increase my already big backlog xD. It would be nice to play something while I'm on the subway If I'm not reading a book, though.

That's all, folks! Sorry for the crazy grammar.....It's 3:00.....blame Symphonia..... xD.

Sorry if this topic does not belong to this area D:

If you like RPGs, the Vita is the way to go. If you don't, it's less enticing.

FFXIII is very linear and getting the plat involves quite a lot of grinding for specific materials (which are a random drop -_-). XIII-2 is less linear and you need to grind a lot less and LR:FFXIII is the most non-linear JRPG I've played so far and has a little grind. Story-wise XIII is ok, XIII-2 is confusing at times, and LR is good.

Don't listen to this person. He's insane!