PlayStation Suite Open Beta now available!

Elliot

Sony have released an open beta of PlayStation Suite, a set of developer tools allowing anyone to make applications for a range of PlayStation branded phones and most importantly, the PS Vita.

I've downloaded this and given it a spin, and it's pretty good. There's a lot of very good code samples, including several small games, which should help you to get your bearings with the code library available. It's based on .net and uses C#. Sony says that once the open beta has finished, it'll offer users a chance to put their developed applications and games on the PS Store for sale!

It can be found at http://www.playstation.com/pss/developer/index_e.html. What do you think of this? Will you be doing anything with it?

• Like 1

This right here will make Vita sell loads. This is Sony supporting homebrew for the masses. I'm gonna check it out, maybe we'll have a PSNProfiles app on the vita :P

If just they support more than 1 account, since it's stupid to be region free and don't been able to utilize DLC

If you want someone to test out this psnp app i am willing to help with that. I even got it downloaded on my vita already

I doubt it will happen anyway. It doesn't really seem to be for applications, it's missing a lot of Vita UI stuff. Also, anything made is really limited as it has to run on other devices such as the Xperia Play. I take back my previous statement about this helping the Vita to sell loads, there's too many limitations.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't the whole thing just a beta though? maybe they will open it up more as people give feed back! would be awesome if PSN could start to become similar to android market! An app for anything and everything you can think of!! Ill have to check it out, really wanna make a GT5 remote or Bspec race app.