Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and the Monster Seal

Edunstar84

So, what's the game like? Did you enjoy it?

I should've said that I own it but have yet to play it :(  Sorry.  But I know some Japanese players who have the platinum and they say it's really damn fun with good dialogue, albeit a tough battle system.  Trophy-wise, it's a grind but not very challenging, should take about 100 hours.

ToHeart2 Dungeon Travelers is releasing on the 30th this month which is also a DRPG by the same creators, albeit with the ToHeart2 cast, so I'll be able to give at least some insight on the gameplay side of things since I have it pre-ordered. :)

Edited by Kashiyuka
  • Like 1

I should've said that I own it but have yet to play it :(  Sorry.  But I know some Japanese players who have the platinum and they say it's really damn fun with good dialogue, albeit a tough battle system.  Trophy-wise, it's a grind but not very challenging, should take about 100 hours.

Can you ask the mentioned guys to compare how voice-heavy is it compared to Tears to Tiara 2?

I'm wondering if this has JP voice because Atlus experiments or because it's voice-heavy as TtT2 =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

It's 2 years old news for the PSP version, we can't really presume the Vita version will be 1:1 same as this.

I'll throw them a message and see what I can find.  :)

Sankyuu~

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Sankyuu~

She said "DRPGs need stories, but usually there's nothing highly involved", so it's safe to say Atlus are just ditching the dub because 1) it's a niche RPG, 2) it's a DRPG - a pretty new RPG system to westerners and 3) Aquaplus have a non-existent fanbase in the west, aside from the few fans they'd have gained with the recently released but still niche Tears to Tiara II.

I know, but that doesn't stop me wanting it, lol.

I'd be suprised if they took anything out, as the names the same.

It's 2 years old news for the PSP version, we can't really presume the Vita version will be 1:1 same as this.

The game is actually identical and it's really just a port bar a few generation-jump necessities, such as the dungeon 3D environments being revamped, and the character art and CGs being updated in clarity and sharpness (because come on, who wouldn't want to look at Mitsumi Misato's signature Aquaplus art in HD?! :D)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dungeon Travelers 2 gets will be released on August 18, priced at/or around $39.99. They've also released a new trailer for the Advanced Classes.

For the video and more information, here it is:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/07/18/dungeon-travelers-2-release-date-na/

I really would like to buy it full-price and support the publisher, but I think I'm going to wait for the sale, unfortunately. Money-probs....

Edited by Edunstar84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...