There's going to be a DRIVECLUB 2

Banchini-

And here's why I think it's going to happen;

We heard A few weeks back that Evolution studios was set to lose around 50 staff and although that doesn't sound promising for DRIVECLUB's future, all is not lost.

Quite often after a major game release, game studio's will shed a few staff and while they all may not be as major as losing around half your employees, Evolution would have had no doubt many designers/engineers/programmers hired specifically for this game and then the contracts would be terminated - a very normal practice if you have followed video games for even a short while. The fact that DRIVECLUB launched with so many problems has led to a more frenzied look at the news and while nobody is in any doubt the game under delivered at launch, it has since been fixed and more importantly shown that it is a fantastic racing game.

This all leads me to my initial point which is I truly believe DRIVECLUB will get a sequel, and obviously not on the merits of its launch, but because when people now pick this game up for the first time they will be instantly shown how good the title is. In actual fact it has worked in the games favour that the uptake was poor early on as although the IP may look tainted now, the release of this game on PS Plus will be its ultimate saviour. PS Plus will open the door to millions of gamers to a triple A (AAA) title and those early troubles of Evolutions flagship PS4 title will be a distant memory.

As a free title DRIVECLUB would have excellent social features which allow all your friends to jump in the club, an excellent engine, graphics, and handling and most importantly it will work well online with tons of DLC waiting to be added. Couple that with the sales of PS4 on track to break every record and you have an even wider audience to download and love this game.

DRIVECLUB will live on, mark my words.

R. Banchini

• Like 2

Can you at least put "theory" or "I think" at the beginning of the thread title? People might actually think this is news.

As for Driveclub, We'll have to wait and see. At this point I think they should just give the whole game for free to PS+ users rather than the watered down Plus edition.

• Like 3

I wanted to make the title snappy so sorry if it misled, but this is just a theory and my opinion of course!

I agree I hope they give out the full game on ps+ I feel everyone deserves it now after the false promises. Hopefully they do stick with the DRIVECLUB IP because the premise is so good there could be a great franchise in this, even if they keep doing the DLC for a while I will be happy regardless.

Motorstorm was a fairly popular game would you rather that make a return instead?

• 2 weeks later...