List your top 5 games for PS3

Ctoala6474

What games made you fall in love? Feel like there was none else to compare to it? List your top 5 below and say why

1) Resident Evil series, from 1 to Revelations 2 they are my definition of a perfect game with my favorites being #6 and #4

2) Dead or Alive 5 LR, honestly a fighting game doesnt get any better with so many different fighting styles, costumes and great graphics, I couldnt ask for more

3) Far Cry series, killing animals has never being so rewarding

4) Tomb Raider is a perfect game, multiplayer is fun too

5) Dead Island, the first was very fun..the second was ok

I would put Rune Factory TOD on this because its the closest you can get to Harvest Moon my ultimate favorite game but..that game was a little too gay lmao I still platted thou with over 100hrs

Dead Space also seems like a game series I would love, only played Dead Space 3 but I hear its predecesors are way way better..cant wait to play empost-105623-0-92016700-1430014564_thumb.png

post-105623-0-24617100-1430014541_thumb.jpg

Without listing games from the same franchise:

1. Fallout 3

2. The Last of Us

3. Mass Effect 2

4. BioShock

5. Skyrim

Fallout 3 was one of the earlier games I played on the PS3. I didn't like it at first. Almost sold it, even. But I stuck with it and am ever glad I did as it ultimately became perhaps my favorite game of all time. Loved the setting, unique combat system, the music, the side missions, the exploring, and pretty much everything. Except the bugs  :lol:

I easily consider The Last of Us to be my favorite PS3 exclusive. And technically I feel it's the best game I've played. The gripping story combined with the well-paced gameplay had me glued to the game from start to finish. Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed the MP as well despite not really caring for MP anymore.

So glad the Mass Effect series made its way to Playstation. I would have missed out on an amazing trilogy otherwise, although I really would have preferred starting with the first game. Nonetheless, Mass Effect 2 was able to draw me into the story with its amazing writing and characters. And the third-person action was great as well.

I held off on playing Bioshock for quite some time. Glad I ultimately decided to play it because it was an amazing experience. The ending was definitely a mind-fuck and the plasmids were fun to play around with.

I was a little skeptical of Skyrim at first what with it being my first Elder Scrolls game. But I was almost instantly drawn into its massive world. Plus its similarities to Fallout made me feel right at home. I spent over 200 hours on just one character and yet there are still several locations I never made my way to and side quests I never completed.

• Like 1

I won't be including HD re-releases on this list. Only games released on last and current gen consoles are allowed.

1. Journey/Flower (I couldn't decide between these two, so they both tie)
  2. Little Big Planet 1/2 (I prefer LBP1's story levels and soundtrack, but both have things about them I love. Again, I couldn't decide between them, so they tie)
  3. Demon's Souls
  4. Dark Souls
  5. Killzone 2
  • Like 1

If you were to ask me again tomorrow, this list could be different. There's a lot of games on PS3 that are absolute classics. I'm sure I could easily make a top 50 list.

Anyway, I'm not including PS2 remakes, because otherwise most of them would just be PS2 games lol. These are also in no particular order.

1. BlazBlue Calamity Trigger - To this day, this is still my favorite fighting game (with 3rd Strike a close 2nd). It has every tool needed so that I never feel like I was screwed over by dumb mechanics (which happens in SFIV all the time, and is basically all that MvC3 is). Anyway, the first game is still my favorite in the series. I like the rest of the games too, but it's never felt quite the same.

2. Saints Row The Third - I thought I hated open world games until I played this. I fell in love with it instantly too. It somewhat saddens me that Volition will likely never make another game like it.

3. Tales of Graces f - When I first played the demo for this game, I absolutely hated it. I thought the controls were garbage. But then I picked up during a sale, because I thought it was kind of criminal that it was the only game in the main Tales series I hadn't played. And I'm glad I did. It's amazing. I don't understand how they could go from this, to the heaping pile of garbage that was Xillia.

4. Metal Gear Solid 4 - I've never been a huge MGS fan. I played the first one and liked it, but could never get into 2 or 3. But when I bought my PS3, my boss (at the time) talked me into getting it, and I'm glad he did. I did everything there is to do in this game, and then I played through it again for fun. You can imagine my rage when I found out that old saves were incompatible with the trophies. I haven't felt like doing it all again, but I still consider it one of the best games this generation.

5. Mass Effect 3 - A lot of people give me shit for not saying ME2 is my favorite, but I've always put gameplay above story, and ME3 has the best gameplay in the series, by far. I also loved the hell out of the multiplayer. Even before the game was released, I played the MP demo for days straight until it was taken down. I even go back to it occasionally, even though I've gotten the plat.

This is my 5 favourite games list so far on ps3

- Fallout 3:  How could you forget the first time you run away from the vault 101? It's imposible. But as a videogame the important is the gameplay and i love it, especially VAST system and the perks that make your character unique.

- Skyrim: Fight against dragons. What more you can ask? And if you install the dlc, as I do, you can ride dragons. Apart from those reasons, if you hate Oblivion, you might love Skyrim, is different and equal at the same time. People who played both games will understand it.

- Catherine: If you are a kid won't feel that sensation of Vicent suffers throughout the game. The gameplay is the only one I've found during all these years on the console.

- Rayman Origins: I remember when I used to play Super Mario World on me SNES. Saving differences, the nostalgia, regards, and family moments... all in one game that makes the gameplay better.

- Portal 2: When I played Portal 1 I knew that a second game of this serie will come. But I never imagine how glorious it will be. Physics and story are magnificent, When you finish the game without any sort of guide, you feel the smartest person on earth or at least in your house.

Honorable mention:

The Walking Dead serie, Borderlands serie, Mass Effect saga, God of War saga, all Suda51 games, HD remastered editions, Mafia II, Saints Row serie, Far Cry 3 and Dragon Age Origins

On deck: The Last of Us, Bioshock saga, The Wolf Among Us, Sleeping Dogs, Sound Shapes,Beyond, Rayman Legends, Deadly Premonition and Far Cry 4.

PaulVillanueva.png

Edited by PaulVillanueva
  • Like 1

I haven't played many games on PS3, but so far these are my favourites (and they are not in a specific order):

1.Red Dead Redemption: Wow, this is such a great game. I hated it at first because I was expecting a western GTA and because of that I almost sold it (Glad I didn't). I put the game down and only picked it up a year later and played it the way it was meant to be played...... and fucking loved it. I absolutely loved the setting, the story, the gameplay,the characters and the multiplayer too. But if you thought that wasn't enough you can also buy the DLC, which includes the awesome UNDEAD NIGHTMARE. One of the best games ever made, PERIOD.

2.Fallout 3: Another game that I hated in the beggining but is now one of my favourites of all time; Fallout 3 combines a solid atmosphere, with an incredible world filled with lots of details and easter eggs and an engaging and strategic combat. This is a must buy for any RPG fan out there.

3.Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: If you ask me for the best online multiplayers of all time, the first game I will mention will be Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Why? Well, this game completely changed online shooters, by combining an FPS with RPG elements, making it fun to unlock new levels, making the game very addicting to play. Also if you want an incredibly memorable Campaign with a solid story and impressive gameplay (For it's time) pick this one up.

4. Grand Theft Auto 4: Wow, what's the hate for?! The map was too small for you, the missions were repetitive and boring!! Well, too bad because I loved this game and so will you once you emerge yourself into this fantastic world, with a brilliant story and characters. Wow what's that?! You have beaten the campaign and there's nothing else to do?! Buy the DLC then that gives you two new story lines and completely fixes all the flaws from the original.

5. Battlefield 3: Another game that I would mention in the category for the best online multiplayers out there is this one. This game offers an epic multiplayer, filled with destruction and chaos that will completely grab you and make you want to play it more and more. The campaign might not be anything special but the multiplayer completely makes up for it. Oh and buy the DLC aswell, it's amazing.

Edited by linkisawesome

Here's my Top 5, with some hard decision-making, last gen had some utterly brilliant games!!

1. The Last of Us: Not much to say here, awesome game from start to finish. A bit overrated by most people, but still an astonishingly polished and well-written game, conveys more than just a gaming experience.

2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: Level 5 showed up once last gen, but they showed up GOOD. Ni No Kuni was my most pleasant surprise from the past gen, magical journey, witty and enchanting. 

3. Bayonetta: Hack n' slash games always provide tons of fun, but they never have a major breakthrough. Most people have good funny memories of them but very few rank them among their top games in terms of quality. This one totally nails what the genre is about, one badass game. Too bad it's gone exclusive for its sequel. 

4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: The "more than just an HD remake" label that was used to advertise this game was definitely not an understatement. A touch-up to one of gaming's most precious tales, an absolute must for JRPG followers.

5. Tomb Raider: This is how you make a comeback. Lara has returned on her way to the throne that was always rightfully hers. The job is still not fully done though, so RotTR has some big shoes to fill.