King Trophy Run (video)

vein-of-stars

I can't hear your video and you said "ollie ollie 2" in the description, but it'a "OlliOlli 2", other than that, I can't think how this video can be helpful if the game changes daily, it's a matter of practice and learning your daily map, isn't it?

By the way, I saw you nailing region after region, I doubt you would have problems doing 10M if that steam achievment was imported too.

Edited by TheYuriG

Nice job. I have got  to region 10+ couple times but my multiplier was low (around 20) because of collisions.

What "items" did you use? Magnet, extra jump and jet turners? 

@theyurig while world changes daily obstacles stays same. Meaning that certain obstacles spawns after certain region passed. If you havent gotten past say region 6, you can use video to see what kind new stuff is there after that. 

I certainly died to pretty much every new obstacle. Mayby with video you might dodge few of those.

Edited by Kavatus
  • Like 1

I can't hear your video and you said "ollie ollie 2" in the description, but it'a "OlliOlli 2", other than that, I can't think how this video can be helpful if the game changes daily, it's a matter of practice and learning your daily map, isn't it?

By the way, I saw you nailing region after region, I doubt you would have problems doing 10M if that steam achievment was imported too.

There's no audio because I turned it off to listen to PS4 Spotify since hearing arcade plinks and crashes was tiring after hours of play. There's no commentary because I didn't think you needed me to say 'turn right here and dodge this pillar'. The world updates yes but as many players like Kavatus have found, the obstacles populating later regions are a shared element and if people who haven't made it that far yet can know what to expect, they may not crash as soon when faced with a new obstacle like I did many times.

Nice job. I have got  to region 10+ couple times but my multiplier was low (around 20) because of collisions.

What "items" did you use? Magnet, extra jump and jet turners? 

@theyurig while world changes daily obstacles stays same. Meaning that certain obstacles spawns after certain region passed. If you havent gotten past say region 6, you can use video to see what kind new stuff is there after that. 

I certainly died to pretty much every new obstacle. Mayby with video you might dodge few of those.

Thanks, I used Jump Storage 2, Turning Jets, and Magnet 2

I also did die on the first and the second time I played this on my alt account, but again, that is part of the learning experience and I still find myself dying on some old obstacles I wasn't prepared to face. On the next run though, I learn from my mistake and don't die there anymore.

My point here is because I played similar changing-map games and watching videos didn't help shit (like it didn't here, I tried on alt and died at 2,4M), per example, Counterspy. If it was possible to just watch and repeat, we could play pausing the game // watching video // repeating method, but unfortunately we can't so again, I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy. After playing this game for long enough, dodging every obstacle will be part of muscle memory, the only tricky part will be to pull it all off together for the highscore.

My point here is because I played similar changing-map games and watching videos didn't help shit (like it didn't here, I tried on alt and died at 2,4M), per example, Counterspy. If it was possible to just watch and repeat, we could play pausing the game // watching video // repeating method, but unfortunately we can't so again, I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy. After playing this game for long enough, dodging every obstacle will be part of muscle memory, the only tricky part will be to pull it all off together for the highscore.

If it didn't help you, sorry. You aren't the only one playing the game however and the video wasn't made for you alone. If you read the first post of the thread, all I aimed to do was show what possible obstacles a player might be faced with later on in the game and what my strategy was to dodge those obstacles. Maybe some people are unsure of which attachments are good for this objective and the video proves the usefulness of the ones I chose.

Just because trying and dying at 2,4M doesn't mean this video doesn't help. Give the guy some credit, he took the time to make a vid.

I died 30 times with a score above 1M, and at least 5 times with a score above 3M. This morning i finally made it and got 7,3M.

Watching videos helps you inspire new tactics. This game obviously isn't ment as a watch/pause/play/pause/watch.

If it didn't help you, sorry. You aren't the only one playing the game however and the video wasn't made for you alone. If you read the first post of the thread, all I aimed to do was show what possible obstacles a player might be faced with later on in the game and what my strategy was to dodge those obstacles. Maybe some people are unsure of which attachments are good for this objective and the video proves the usefulness of the ones I chose.

Unable to receive constructive critiscism?  :facepalm:

You don't seem to understand the difference between

so again, I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy

and "your video sucks".

You can always edit your OP with the equips you used and the reason why you chose then, because as it seems, it's a "I won, look at it" video.

Give the guy some credit, he took the time to make a vid.

Didn't I? 

Watching videos helps you inspire new tactics.

Maybe I'm the one to blame here because I was already doing what he was doing and I saw nothing new on his video, except for his pro reflexes which I still lack and again, watching the video can't help me to improve those.

You don't seem to understand the difference between

and "your video sucks".

You can always edit your OP with the equips you used and the reason why you chose then, because as it seems, it's a "I won, look at it" video.

Didn't I? 

Maybe I'm the one to blame here because I was already doing what he was doing and I saw nothing new on his video, except for his pro reflexes which I still lack and again, watching the video can't help me to improve those.

Would you kindly point out the constructive part of your criticism? Because by definition that requires suggestions of improvement. All I'm getting from your posts is 'I can't copy what you did to a T because of the game mechanics and for this reason your video is in no way helpful.' If that's how you feel then fine, 3 other people have thanked me for the post and said it's helped them but don't kid yourself about being constructive haha. Or do! What I'm learning is I need to get some thicker skin, and be okay with people being however they're going to be.  :D 

You're right I could edit the original post with equips but the video is more useful I feel because it is where the attachments are shown to be effective. 

Good luck with the trophy bud!

hm .. i dont really see the "constructive" part in the sentence "I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy"

Some ppl find it helpful , so the video is helpful at all.   If you dont find it useful its ok .... there are many YT videos that are not helping me , but maybe some other ppl find it helpful.  constructive critiscism is if you give tips to make it better , or more helpful..... but saying something is not helpful is not constructive.  no offend , just my opinion.

I can't hear your video (1) and you said "ollie ollie 2" in the description (2), but it'a "OlliOlli 2", other than that, I can't think how this video can be helpful

(3)if the game changes daily, it's a matter of practice and learning your daily map, isn't it?

1- There is a bug with your video that you might be able to look after.

2- There is an error on your description that I'm letting you know of.

3- Just watching your video is little help, I see you doing stuff and then what? Tell me how to replicate them. Add annotations to your youtube video since you are the owner of it. Should not take you longer than an hour.

My point here is because I played similar changing-map games and watching videos didn't help shit (like it didn't here, I tried on alt and died at 2,4M)(4), per example, Counterspy. If it was possible to just watch and repeat, we could play pausing the game // watching video // repeating method, but unfortunately we can't so again, I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy (5). After playing this game for long enough, dodging every obstacle will be part of muscle memory, the only tricky part will be to pull it all off together for the highscore.

4- From my experience, roguelikes are hard to make tutorials for since there are little to none patterns. What are your tactics? Per example "use jump everytime you see you will crash" (this one is obvious, but just an example).

5- It looks like a simple gameplay video from my perspective. I can watch many of those in youtube, but watching any of those without commentaries or tutorials is very unhelpful as it does not increase your skill to replicate the same yourself later on.

I've said all of it in the last line of my reply:

"You can always edit your OP with the equips you used and the reason why you chose then, because as it seems, it's a "I won, look at it" video."

From the looks of it at the moment you posted, you just captured the video of your successful run and posted, the reason why I replied on the first place.

It's the same as the Counterspy no commentary playthrough on the hardest difficulty I watched back in the day. I saw the guy doing his thing and what for? It's pointless to see what equipments he was using if I don't know when I should use them.

hm .. i dont really see the "constructive" part in the sentence "I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy"

Some ppl find it helpful , so the video is helpful at all.   If you dont find it useful its ok .... there are many YT videos that are not helping me , but maybe some other ppl find it helpful.  constructive critiscism is if you give tips to make it better , or more helpful..... but saying something is not helpful is not constructive.  no offend , just my opinion.

"I don't see how the video can be helpful with this trophy" = I have no idea what you are doing, help pls? // explain what you did on the video as I'm not smart enough to understand them myself?

I was not offended and did not have the intention to offend anyone either (sorry if I did), see I didn't say a word about the OP, only about his videos. His work was the objective of my critiscism, not his personality or anyone else's.

For the rest, I see above as I already answered.

Edited by TheYuriG

good points =)  some of them are constructive :) . maybe i was to much focused on the " not helpful part"   .  But i still think a gameplay video can help sometimes .  For me it was the part "how far i have to go" to reach 5mil .... because i failed at stage 7 with ~2,4 mill . It is not helpful for my skill , but a mind thing .

• Like 1

For me it was the part "how far i have to go" to reach 5mil .... because i failed at stage 7 with ~2,4 mill . It is not helpful for my skill , but a mind thing .

This.. I was thinking a lot about this and thats why i wanted to see some vids .. The way I see it, try to go into region 3 with a 30+ multiplier, this prevents you from having to go to region 9000+

I memorized a path in the first region giving me 15 multiplier, and then I memorized the portal in region 2. For all my attempts during 3 days i always began region 3 with a 30+ multiplier. I believe i got 5M in region 8 or 9 after that.. Maybe 10, not sure

Edited by Deaths_Trooper