Fashionably Late But Not Fashionable

FilmFanatic

Hello to the good people of PSNProfiles. Although I'm not exactly new to this site as I've been a member for over 2 years now and have more than a few posts. I've decided to formally introduce myself as I've made a point of getting involved with the forums here as opposed to being a silent reader because from what I've seen and read this a great community to be part of and a website I love and keep permanatly open on my iPad.

My nickname is FilmFanatic as my number one passion in life is movies and has been for awhile now and most likely always will be. I love movies from countries all over the world, from all decades and from all genres. I used to spend all my spare time watching movies at home and the cinema however a major earthquake and series of aftershocks back in 2010 put an end to that taking out the cinemas where I saw at least half of my movies and where all the film festivals were screened as well as the video rental shop I frequented. I also had to endure 9 months of basically no TV (I only had a 21inch CRT TV as my 46inch LCD TV was damaged 4 days after getting in back from the repair shop due to a factory fault) until the insurance was sorted out and I could get a new TV which is now a beautiful 55inch LED LCD 3D Samsung.

My second passion is music. I like most rock and metal and in the summer I quite like listening to dance/electronica. I don't listen to as much music as I would like to but simply put life without music wouldn't be worth living.

My third passion is of course video games. With no longer watching so many movies I now spend on average 36 hours a week gaming. I have a backlog of nearly 50 games that I haven't played as well as wanting to go back and 100% as many of my old games as I can. Still I'd rather have too many games to play than not enough. I like FPS, racing games and RPGs. If your interested you can check out my platinum checklist.

The only other thing I'll mention is I'm from New Zealand which is the greatest little country in the world (not that I've been overseas to compare other countries :lol:). And if you're wondering NZ is where the Lord Of The Rings movies were filmed.

• Like 1

Nice intro! And welcome!!

P.S. And I believe if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings, then you should know (at the very least, anyway) where it was shot.....

Welcome,

So I have to ask, what is your favorite movie?

I'd like to know, too!

Welcome,

So I have to ask, what is your favorite movie?

Nice intro! And welcome!!

P.S. And I believe if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings, then you should know (at the very least, anyway) where it was shot.....

I'd like to know, too!

Thanks guys. My top 5 favourite movies in order are Donnie Darko, Heat, American Beauty, A Clockwork Orange and Fight Club. I don't have a definitive favourite 6 - 10 but Requiem For A Dream, The Shawshank Redemption and The Dark Knight would all feature in it.

I would love to visit New Zealand, I hear Brisbane is beautiful this time of year :lol: ...quickly hides to avoid the anger of all Kiwis ^_^

If you like American Beauty have you seen the HBO show Six Feet Under? It is what Alan Ball did afterwards and it is one of my favourite TV Shows of all time (as long as you excuse the first half of season 4)

Welcome to PSNProfiles :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks.

I would love to visit New Zealand, I hear Brisbane is beautiful this time of year :lol: ...quickly hides to avoid the anger of all Kiwis ^_^

If you like American Beauty have you seen the HBO show Six Feet Under? It is what Alan Ball did afterwards and it is one of my favourite TV Shows of all time (as long as you excuse the first half of season 4)

Straya.......I'm sure there's worse places to visit right lol?

No I haven't seen it. A new TV channel started here not to long ago called Soho that shows a lot of HBO programs including older ones so maybe they'll show Six Feet Under at some point. Either way I'll add it to my long list of things to watch.

Thanks.Straya.......I'm sure there's worse places to visit right lol?

No I haven't seen it. A new TV channel started here not to long ago called Soho that shows a lot of HBO programs including older ones so maybe they'll show Six Feet Under at some point. Either way I'll add it to my long list of things to watch.

If I could recommend HBO Shows it would go The Wire (best show ever made) In Treatment and Six Feet Under. All 3 are amazing pieces of television.,

If I could recommend HBO Shows it would go The Wire (best show ever made) In Treatment and Six Feet Under. All 3 are amazing pieces of television.,

The Wire was on last year and yes it was a fantastic show although it started to go downhill after season 3 I felt. I'll also add In Treatment to my list as well. The next HBO series that's starting is Deadwood which I've heard good things about although with Justified having finished up earlier this year I'm wondering how odd it's going to be seeing Timothy Olyphant in such a different role so soon afterwards.

The Wire was on last year and yes it was a fantastic show although it started to go downhill after season 3 I felt. I'll also add In Treatment to my list as well. The next HBO series that's starting is Deadwood which I've heard good things about although with Justified having finished up earlier this year I'm wondering how odd it's going to be seeing Timothy Olyphant in such a different role so soon afterwards.

I know a lot of people hated season 5 but Season 4 is often regarded as the best season. David Simon (the creator of The Wire) also did a Mini-Series called The Corner which was based on a year that he spent on the corners of Baltimore. It is an incredible book and show.

Deadwood is very good (I love Ian McShane) but it is a shame that it was cancelled during the 3rd season. The show doesn't end abruptly (like Carnivale) but it doesn't get a proper conclusion either :(

I know a lot of people hated season 5 but Season 4 is often regarded as the best season. David Simon (the creator of The Wire) also did a Mini-Series called The Corner which was based on a year that he spent on the corners of Baltimore. It is an incredible book and show.

Deadwood is very good (I love Ian McShane) but it is a shame that it was cancelled during the 3rd season. The show doesn't end abruptly (like Carnivale) but it doesn't get a proper conclusion either :(

I've seen The Corner and yes it is a great show. It's a shame to hear Deadwood doesn't get a proper conclusion still I'm looking forward to seeing it. A couple of programs that I was really enjoying were Magic City that got cancelled in it's first season but at least they had enough warning to be able to conclude all story lines and Luck which was cancelled due to horses dying on seat which is never good but it was a great program while it lasted.

My second passion is music. I like most rock and metal and in the summer I quite like listening to dance/electronica. I don't listen to as much music as I would like to but simply put life without music wouldn't be worth living.

My third passion is of course video games. With no longer watching so many movies I now spend on average 36 hours a week gaming. I have a backlog of nearly 50 games that I haven't played as well as wanting to go back and 100% as many of my old games as I can. Still I'd rather have too many games to play than not enough. I like FPS, racing games and RPGs. If your interested you can check out my platinum checklist.

The only other thing I'll mention is I'm from New Zealand which is the greatest little country in the world (not that I've been overseas to compare other countries :lol:). And if you're wondering NZ is where the Lord Of The Rings movies were filmed.

Hello! Welcome to PSNP!

A fellow fan of rock and metal! Always nice to see that! What are some of your favorite bands?

Hello! Welcome to PSNP!

A fellow fan of rock and metal! Always nice to see that! What are some of your favorite bands?

Thanks. Two bands I love and would definitely recommend are Shihad and Blindspott who are both from New Zealand. I also like Slipknot, Tool, Seether, Rammstein, Mudvayne, Shinedown, Rage Against The Machine, Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Queen, Stonesour, Disturbed, Apocalyptica and A Perfect Circle.