IE9 to 360

Artemisthemp

:yay: :yay: :yay: Only took Microsoft 5 years to get a Browser to 360.

How many years til they use Blu-ray 5 years?

you just said it took microsoft 5 years to get an internet browser. now you said that it will take them 5 years to get blu ray. so you pretty much said xbox is getting blu ray this year :|

you just said it took microsoft 5 years to get an internet browser. now you said that it will take them 5 years to get blu ray. so you pretty much said xbox is getting blu ray this year :|

I think he meant 5 years from now, Mr. Perfect English.

Also, the thought of Microsoft giving Sony and co-developers of the format this much money for every game and console sold makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like 1

I imagine that once it goes live, IE9 is going to lack a lot of features of the regular PC version and be very limited as to what it can access; MS is very selective and restrictive in order to keep complete control over their products and services. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it's just something I'm keeping in mind for the inevitable fighting that will ensue between MS and Live subscribers who aren't going to be happy with IE9 on Xbox for one reason or another.

I imagine this will be like YouTube for the 360. Sure it works but it's a completely watered down experience than what you'd get on a PC. Hopefully it's better than the PS3 browser though, and it should be because I'd bet on having to have a Gold membership to use it.

Parker

I imagine this will be like YouTube for the 360. Sure it works but it's a completely watered down experience than what you'd get on a PC. Hopefully it's better than the PS3 browser though, and it should be because I'd bet on having to have a Gold membership to use it.

They're not that bad. They wouldn't charge you money just to use your own internet connection, it'll just be a free app, most likely. But yes, it'll likely be mediocre - a lot like IE9 on Windows in that regard.

They're not that bad. They wouldn't charge you money just to use your own internet connection, it'll just be a free app, most likely. But yes, it'll likely be mediocre - a lot like IE9 on Windows in that regard.

That's the thing though, they are that bad. Xbox users are required to have a Gold membership to access any of the applications, like BBC iPlayer, Facebook, Twitter, LoveFilm and such, so I seriously doubt IE9 will be any different.

Microsoft require people to have a Gold membership to access any of the applications, so I doubt this one will be any different.

That's all the services like ESPN and the other premium stuff. I wouldn't class a web browser as equal to those sorts of things.

Then again, I'm not a shameless corporation, so I suppose my view doesn't reflect that of Microsoft.