some trophies made easier on harder difficulties

ok alot of you fellow gamers might already know about this but here it is again

when ur on high difficulties enemies are harder and on easy mode there a joke

well heres my tip when u know what specific combat or other trophy ur wanting to go for go ahead get prepared to go for it save ur hard mode save before going in then exit out of the game get a usb drive save your hard mode saves all of them just to be sure onto the usb go back into ur game set it on easy then go after ur combat or other trophy let it pop then exit ur game and copy back over ur hard saves overwriting the easy ones this should trick the game into thinking u never switched out of hard mode thus not negating ur hard run playthrough but giving u ur trophies

this also should work fine for doing 2 contracts without special help from ur abilities

and it should also help doing all the places of power in 30 minutes

now as you might ask how does this effect the fact u havnt actually beaten said monsters on hard well u still have to do it but this time without worrying about trophies for doing specil things while ur fighting ur free to just do ur own thing

yes u could just do an easy run to do all this but seriously this game is super long this way u can just do 1 playthrough and get everything done with afew stops along the way doing this usb trick to get afew trophies cleared that would be alot harder on hard or u can ignore this and try on hard either way

Well, most of the trophies are doable on Death March. Two contracts which I did were Shreiker and Wyvern since I think they are very easy to handle. Environmental kills can be easily stacked up with Harpies and Sirens, since killing them while they are stunned counts as environmental kill (providing you used AARD sign on it). Knocking of 10 enemies to their death seemed tricky to me on Death March until I found The Devil's Pit in Velen. Master Marksman and Overkill trophies are those which I am still trying to achieve. I've been running with bleed/poison/burn silver and steel sword for a long time already and still nothing. So this trophy is either glitched or the description is wrong and you need to have finishing blow with these effects stacked.

• Like 1

Well, most of the trophies are doable on Death March. Two contracts which I did were Shreiker and Wyvern since I think they are very easy to handle. Environmental kills can be easily stacked up with Harpies and Sirens, since killing them while they are stunned counts as environmental kill (providing you used AARD sign on it). Knocking of 10 enemies to their death seemed tricky to me on Death March until I found The Devil's Pit in Velen. Master Marksman and Overkill trophies are those which I am still trying to achieve. I've been running with bleed/poison/burn silver and steel sword for a long time already and still nothing. So this trophy is either glitched or the description is wrong and you need to have finishing blow with these effects stacked.

on overkill i understand it to be u have to have the 1 enemy with all those going at once and do it 10 times so yea they have to have burning poison and bleed simultaniously nd i dont think u actully have to kill them but im sure it dosnt hurt lol what u might can do is have a sword with high bleed coat it in poison oils and then use igni and catch them on fire and that should count but as ive not done it yet i cant varify

and my post is just to make it easier on those who are having trouble not everyone is on the same skill level lol

If I lowered the difficulty, did the trophy and reloaded my Death march file, will it work? Am I still eligible for the Death March trophy or do I need to start over again?

I'm really wondering because I am already 30 hours in and I would hate to complete that playthrough on Death March and not receive the trophy.

If I lowered the difficulty, did the trophy and reloaded my Death march file, will it work? Am I still eligible for the Death March trophy or do I need to start over again?

I'm really wondering because I am already 30 hours in and I would hate to complete that playthrough on Death March and not receive the trophy.

Now that's interesting. My guess is that it would be ok since you reload to a point where the difficulty was not changed yet. But I wouldn't have the balls to try that, if I'm honest :D

Now that's interesting. My guess is that it would be ok since you reload to a point where the difficulty was not changed yet. But I wouldn't have the balls to try that, if I'm honest :D

Same, when I went for the marksmen trophy I thought about lowering it for ease, and figured I could just reload my save.. but told myself not worth the risk and didn't.  Wasn't hard anyways. 

Oh well, I'm risking it! What is life without risk!
I also posted on the official CD projekt red/The Witcher 3 forum and everyone seems to believe I should still be eligible for the trophy.

I also noticed that if I try to lower the difficulty again, I still get the warning saying that if I do so, I will no longer be eligible for the trophy.

I don't know when I will finish the game, but I will post here again to let you guys know if it worked!

Edited by Kaph-

• 8 months later...

Oh well, I'm risking it! What is life without risk!

I also posted on the official CD projekt red/The Witcher 3 forum and everyone seems to believe I should still be eligible for the trophy.

I also noticed that if I try to lower the difficulty again, I still get the warning saying that if I do so, I will no longer be eligible for the trophy.

I don't know when I will finish the game, but I will post here again to let you guys know if it worked!

Well, did it work?

• 2 weeks later...

It will work, after you will reload you are still eligible for Death March trophy. Worked for myself v1.07.

yea that would be the point of my original post lol as long as u save before lowering the difficulty and u reload that save after u get the trophy it will still work